Downie Syndrome

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Downie Syndrome

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome:
    Oh, come on Shupe. You know Downie is a complete d**chebag in the mold of Cooke or Avery. He has been that way since junior where I saw him play many times....the kid is a danger....
    Posted by jmwalters

A very quick answer.  Yes.  Yes he is.  I have said he scared me b/c he is out to hurt people.  Do you guys have selective reading?  I normally say things with these types of posts in mind. 

I simply stated what did he do tonight?  What did he do?  No one has answered it yet?  Apparently Marchand and Chara needed a thread about this. 

San and Fletch have been calling me a fan of every team in the league that plays the Bruins.
    San is sour b/c I debated depth's of lineups and TT vs Roli.  To which I said TT is the best goalie in the league but don't underestimate the old warrior.  Who played outstanding for Tbay tonight.

Problem is when you go against the grain you face the heat.  Which is fine if it can be debated.  These two arent debating anything other than my loyalty. 
    I don't target them personally when I see something they write.  But now I am a Barbie, whinning, take my net and go home type of guy.  All b/c I debated one thing.  Downie was a pussycat tonight.  I hope he remains like this all series.  Sure he is a pest...I think he is a better player than Avery/cooke but thats besides the point.  I really don't think he has crossed the line.  If he has, I would like to know when? 
    B/C he went after chara and the reds blew a call?
    B/C he and our pest had a little slashing match up?
    B/C he shot a puck in the net after a loss?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Fletch, Listen, all I said was what did he do.  You agreed.  San is on every word I say now and so are you.  Go read all my posts tonight.  If I am such a negative - non bruin troll why do I post positive threads about AF tonight?  Don't jump on one thing that is negative and make it into a $hitstorm.  Downie is doing his job and has actually been very quiet in terms of how he can get involved.   If what he did tonight is comparible to two sucker punches at the end of game 1 I am truly missing something.  Downie shooting the puck in the net is a punk move and the Bruins players didnt even pay attention to it.  Go read my other posts before you start yapping. 
    Posted by shuperman

I didn't accuse you of anything, and I think Sandog might be right about the defensiveness.  No one is trying to silence you. 

I just find it odd that you've called out many Bruins (Ference, Marchand, Lucic, etc.) over conduct issues, and then you jump to Downie's defense.  It's not a consistent position.  If Marchand shot the puck in the net after the horn, I bet you would have been all over him.

Again, this has nothing to do with being too negative, or outspoken, or whatever else.  Say what you want, I always read your posts.  I just think you take inconsistent positions on things sometimes, and find it odd you would stick up for Downie given your history of being very irked by player conduct.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh Shupe can there be one night after a win you can just be a happy Bruins fan wearing Bruin PJs ???
    Deep Blue sea vs Turquoise.

p.s. don't get upset now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Am I, a newbie to boston.com, getting the honor of having a conversation with THE shuperman? I feel so privileged. But as to your little challenges, I was actually watching the game in my family room and then came to post after the game to converse with fellow Bruins fans but you're grumpy self has to 'challenge' people which makes you believe you have some superiority. lol. Get a life there, Shupe. And by the way, I am brother-less. One less thing for you to worry about, old man.
    Posted by IrishMob7

Yawn,

I asked what he did?  Still havent heard an answer.  All your yapping but no hockey answer.  Attack me all you want.  But your knowledge of hockey is similar to the big fat drunk guy in the stands who is yelling all night and looking the fool.  No one is laughing with him. 
    Don't make this about me.  Just answer the question.  There is no mighty shuperman.  I have been here a while and wasn't saying that with sarcasm.  I often debate the other side of an argument.  If you wanna debate hockey, bring it.  But when I read your post I thought I must have missed something.  Downie has been quiet.  Hope he stays that way. 
    Now if you wanna hug and make up fine.  I just personally dont think Downie did anything to cross the line.  Still waiting for someone to tell me what he did?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oh Shupe can there be one night after a win you can just be a happy Bruins fan wearing Bruin PJs ??? Deep Blue sea vs Turquoise.
    Posted by BsLegion

BsL,

Come on man,  you have been here all night.  Have I not said everything positive all night until the two skating clowns on here went after me? 

I encourgae the three of you to read every single thing I said, do a small 500 word book report with an apology at the end.

This attacking shuperman stuff is tired.  and no one has yet answered my question.  What did Downie do.  I know what I did.  What did Downie do?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

San and Fletch have been calling me a fan of every team in the league that plays the Bruins.Posted by shuperman

Why do you make this stuff up?  I never said any such thing.  I said that in my opinion you don't act like a Bruins fan or ever enjoy their success, but that I would believe you if you told me you were.  That's all.  This is the defensiveness thing -- I'm not attacking you, just observing and at times disagreeing.  Usually politely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

ILaughingn Response to Re: Downie Syndrome:
    In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Yawn, I asked what he did?  Still havent heard an answer.  All your yapping but no hockey answer.  Attack me all you want.  But your knowledge of hockey is similar to the big fat drunk guy in the stands who is yelling all night and looking the fool.  No one is laughing with him.  Don't make this about me.  Just answer the question.  There is no mighty shuperman.  I have been here a while and wasn't saying that with sarcasm.  I often debate the other side of an argument.  If you wanna debate hockey, bring it.  But when I read your post I thought I must have missed something.  Downie has been quiet.  Hope he stays that way.  Now if you wanna hug and make up fine.  I just personally dont think Downie did anything to cross the line.  Still waiting for someone to tell me what he did?
    Posted by shuperman

ok Shupe I'll tell you.  HE HAS AN ANNOYING FACE !!!!  After TT freezes the puck he has to go in with his stick,  in TTs face and then acts all tough AGAIN WITH THAT ANNOYING FACE in McQuaids face.  McQuaid will break him in 2 but no way will he drop his gloves .
    He's just a hated player , he has a rep .  He's like Ben Eager and Matt Cooke.
    Maybe didn't do much tonite except a couple of back and forth with Marchand and acting smart in front of the net . HE'S STILL HATED. 
    Doesn't take much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : I didn't accuse you of anything, and I think Sandog might be right about the defensiveness.  No one is trying to silence you.  I just find it odd that you've called out many Bruins (Ference, Marchand, Lucic, etc.) over conduct issues, and then you jump to Downie's defense.  It's not a consistent position.  If Marchand shot the puck in the net after the horn, I bet you would have been all over him. Again, this has nothing to do with being too negative, or outspoken, or whatever else.  Say what you want, I always read your posts.  I just think you take inconsistent positions on things sometimes, and find it odd you would stick up for Downie given your history of being very irked by player conduct.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch,
    What stance would you like me to take.  The defeated dog stance so you can sniff my a $ $.  Glad you brought up Ference.  Started a positive thread.  didnt see one comment from you there.  Everyone under the sun knows I am not an AF guy.  BUT, i already at the end of the season challenged myself on that.  Tonight i said he is our best dmen during this run.  Where was a post? Not one. 
    If Marchand had shot the puck in the net everyone on here would think it was cool and have a Marchand lunch can for work tomorrow.  I already said it was a punk move.  But what else?
    Read my posts, don;'t find flaws in one and then call me out. 
    It shows a huge lack of respect for two guys(you and San) that I do respect on here in terms of being a solid fan of hockey.  I am consistant on every level and say what I think.  I know it crosses the line a lot of the time.  BUT, I dont comment on you!  Remember that.  Make as many posts about my opinion as you want.  Yesterday you did comment and basically called me a non-Bruin fan.  Why?  B/C I call them as i see them.  I already indicated that my timing can be horrible. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I n Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : ok Shupe I'll tell you.  HE HAS AN ANNOYING FACE !!!!  After TT freezes the puck he has to go in with his stick,  in TTs face and then acts all tough AGAIN WITH THAT ANNOYING FACE in McQuaids face.  McQuaid will break him in 2 but no way will he drop his gloves . He's just a hated player , he has a rep .  He's like Ben Eager and Matt Cooke. Maybe didn't do much tonite except a couple of back and forth with Marchand and acting smart in front of the net . HE'S STILL HATED.  Doesn't take much.
    Posted by BsLegion

Well Marchand and Lucic have big honkers.  Downie is a super pest and public enemy #1, mainly b/c Tbay has no one to hate. 
    He is twice the player of Eager and Cooke though. 

So I get ripped a new one b/c he made a face? 

Where is my 500 word book report on my posts tonight.

Fletch

you are talking out the side of your face.  What am I making up.  You said I wasnt a Bruins fan in your opinion.  Who elses opinion should I be looking for when you said it?  I'm extremely confused by that. 
    yes you do call "me" out.  You don't debate my pts.  I hardly ever see you comment on the numerous positives I say about the Bruins or hockey in general.  You sift through and find my one offside remark. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Well Marchand and Lucic have big honkers.  Downie is a super pest and public enemy #1, mainly b/c Tbay has no one to hate.  He is twice the player of Eager and Cooke though.  So I get ripped a new one b/c he made a face?  Where is my 500 word book report on my posts tonight. Fletch you are talking out the side of your face.  What am I making up.  You said I wasnt a Bruins fan in your opinion.  Who elses opinion should I be looking for when you said it?  I'm extremely confused by that.  yes you do call "me" out.  You don't debate my pts.  I hardly ever see you comment on the numerous positives I say about the Bruins or hockey in general.  You sift through and find my one offside remark. 
    Posted by shuperman

I'm not ripping at you, Fletch is LOL Wink
    You asked a question and I answered it .  He's a hated player. 
    Now why do you have to bring up Bruin players to fight your arguement ? I was not talking about noses.  LOL

In the end I just debate you whenever I have a different view.

Hey nobody hates you . They have valid points also.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Well Marchand and Lucic have big honkers.  Downie is a super pest and public enemy #1, mainly b/c Tbay has no one to hate.  He is twice the player of Eager and Cooke though.  So I get ripped a new one b/c he made a face?  Where is my 500 word book report on my posts tonight. Fletch you are talking out the side of your face.  What am I making up.  You said I wasnt a Bruins fan in your opinion.  Who elses opinion should I be looking for when you said it?  I'm extremely confused by that.  yes you do call "me" out.  You don't debate my pts.  I hardly ever see you comment on the numerous positives I say about the Bruins or hockey in general.  You sift through and find my one offside remark. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, let's call it a day.  I'm not getting through to you at all and I don't think you are really reading my posts.  I don't care about the positive/negative thing.  Be as negative as you want.  I just disagreed with your position.  I have read many comments from you calling out Bruins for their little misdeeds on the ice and I thought the same standard would be applied to Downie.  Downie didn't do anything horrible, but he's a punk and he's been a dirty player since junior.  I wouldn't mind if someone clocked him.  That's all.

I'm not being disrespectful; I'm not calling you out -- just disagreeing.  To be clear, I never called you a fan of any other team, like you said I did.  I was just saying that you don't seem to be roooting for the Bruins.  You explained yourself, made the case that you are a Bruins fan, and I have accpeted that.  No problem.

Peace, my friend.  Just disagree with you tonight.  You remember the way you lit into me over Tim Brent?  It's all good. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Shupe, let's call it a day.  I'm not getting through to you at all and I don't think you are really reading my posts.  I don't care about the positive/negative thing.  Be as negative as you want.  I just disagreed with your position.  I have read many comments from you calling out Bruins for their little misdeeds on the ice and I thought the same standard would be applied to Downie.  Downie didn't do anything horrible, but he's a punk and he's been a dirty player since junior.  I wouldn't mind if someone clocked him.  That's all. I'm not being disrespectful; I'm not calling you out -- just disagreeing.  To be clear, I never called you a fan of any other team, like you said I did.  I was just saying that you don't seem to be roooting for the Bruins.  You explained yourself, made the case that you are a Bruins fan, and I have accpeted that.  No problem. Peace, my friend.  Just disagree with you tonight.  You remember the way you lit into me over Tim Brent?  It's all good. 
    Posted by Fletcher1

Now don't go soft on him when he's out of line again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Now don't go soft on him when he's out of line again.
    Posted by BsLegion

Of course not!  Wait, I'm still crawling out from under the bus from your last post...lol...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tim Brent was funny though.  It is all good.  If you had commented on anything positive I posted tonight I wouldnt even be arguing this.  I am sure we are gonna argue lots.  BsL does it on purpose.  But you did challenge who i cheer for b/c I pick apart our own on numerous occasions.  Normally as a counter argument of something else.  I don't come on here and say TT stinks, Marchand should be cut.  I make hockey related remarks about hockey related issues. And yes I often call out Bruins.  Maybe I should quit my job and go into the media  
    I also have made numerous Ratt Cooke threads.  I have made numerous Datsyuk, Torres, Lidstrom, Gretzky, best all time everything threads. 

I still have no idea what you disagreed with me on.  I need a straight jackey soon. 
    Downie is a punk.  I agreed.  I just think he has been very quiet. 

Anyway, I agree. This hurt my head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : A very quick answer.  Yes.  Yes he is.  I have said he scared me b/c he is out to hurt people.  Do you guys have selective reading?  I normally say things with these types of posts in mind.  I simply stated what did he do tonight?  What did he do?  No one has answered it yet?  Apparently Marchand and Chara needed a thread about this.  San and Fletch have been calling me a fan of every team in the league that plays the Bruins. San is sour b/c I debated depth's of lineups and TT vs Roli.  To which I said TT is the best goalie in the league but don't underestimate the old warrior.  Who played outstanding for Tbay tonight. Problem is when you go against the grain you face the heat.  Which is fine if it can be debated.  These two arent debating anything other than my loyalty.  I don't target them personally when I see something they write.  But now I am a Barbie, whinning, take my net and go home type of guy.  All b/c I debated one thing.  Downie was a pussycat tonight.  I hope he remains like this all series.  Sure he is a pest...I think he is a better player than Avery/cooke but thats besides the point.  I really don't think he has crossed the line.  If he has, I would like to know when?  B/C he went after chara and the reds blew a call? B/C he and our pest had a little slashing match up? B/C he shot a puck in the net after a loss?
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, you are a smart guy who has played the game. You know a bad rep will make you a target. Anything borderline with him and it is  penalty and you know it. Any benefit of the doubt was gone the day he blindsighted McAmmond, one of the nicest guys in hockey history......he got a rep by his actions and it is what it is, fair or not.....

I don't want to pile on my friend but this guy is not one to draw the line for......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Yawn, I asked what he did?  Still havent heard an answer.  All your yapping but no hockey answer.  Attack me all you want.  But your knowledge of hockey is similar to the big fat drunk guy in the stands who is yelling all night and looking the fool.  No one is laughing with him.  Don't make this about me.  Just answer the question.  There is no mighty shuperman.  I have been here a while and wasn't saying that with sarcasm.  I often debate the other side of an argument.  If you wanna debate hockey, bring it.  But when I read your post I thought I must have missed something.  Downie has been quiet.  Hope he stays that way.  Now if you wanna hug and make up fine.  I just personally dont think Downie did anything to cross the line.  Still waiting for someone to tell me what he did?
    Posted by shuperman

I made it about you when you sent me personal attacks and yet you're doing it again. Whatever. Anyways, I have seen Downie on NUMEROUS occassions throw cheap shot punches to the face during little scrums after the whistle. He did it on Chara in Game 2 and was trying to pick another fight with Z last night. I love the way you made the ignorant assumption that I was okay with Lucic and Horton's dirty scrum in Game 1. Just because I wasn't all over BDC posting my feelings doesn't mean I supported those antics. I thougth they were cheapshots and Bruins players are better than that. So yes, I apologize if I want a bag of scum like Downie taken out on a CLEAN hit for all of the agitating and cheap shotting that he's done this series. Lord knows it's just a matter of time before this series gets out of hand and he goes head hunting on a guy like Krejci or Bergeron.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Irish,

I know he is a cheap shot pest.  But you said all the agitating and cheap shots.
    He is gonna agitate every shift but has been quiet.  Where has he had one cheap shot?  Other than maybe the scrum with Chara.  I hardly classify that as a cheap shot or we would call Lucic's and Horton's the cheap shots of all time if thats the case. 

he ran McAmmond and he has ran others.  I indicated on a thread after the Bruins 1st loss that Downie is a ticking timb bomb ready to explode.  But sucker punching the two TBay players I said he would have a license to injure.  Go back and read.

I will apologize for an attack if thats what you thought it was.  Lord knows I say things in the heat of the moment as well. 

I was not sticking up for Downie so much.  I just find it funny when our guys do it there is no problem(which I call Homer Syndrome- which is 100% fine).  I just tend to find a reason to challenge these types of posts.  Personally I think Downie has been very quiet.  Likely b/c he was taking bad penalties in rounds 1 and 2.  His reputation normally gets him a penalty everytime.  I say skate away from him everytime.  He looks lost unless we entertain him.  Its like a kid showing off.  Ignore and he normally gets quiet and walks away.

Cheers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

"But what the video doesn't show is that prior to the fight, Downie skated up to Aliu during practice and cross-checked the rookie across the face."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2932633

Which apparently occurred because Aliu refused to be hazed in juniors.  Really kind of sums up Downie's character...

Gare Joyce's book Future Greats and Heartbreaks is well worth reading.  It has some interesting tidbits regarding Kessel and Alexandrov.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

boston,
    he does have a bad rep coming from Juniors.  But he also has been part of Canadian world juniors and programs like that.  Yes they take guys sometimes with questiionable characters.  Marchand is a prime example.  He has been labeled everywhere he has played in junior.  Especially his stint i Halifax.  Point is.  Most teams seem to have a player like that. I personally think Marchand is growing out of it. 
    Composed teams win cups.  Skating away, winning this series, shaking his hand and wishing him a good summer is my type of payback.  Take a punch in the face to win the cup.  Let him take the penalties. 

I agree he has a checkered past.  A lot of guys in the league do. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe, it's just that when the bruins play "on the edge"- they're punks. when the bolts "play on the edge"- it's hard-nosed playoff hockey. if you can't see this, then maybe the 100th poster to point this out might convince you. at some point you have to realize we're not just making this up, and there is some truth to the matter. just sayin'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : Everytime someone asks you a question you get defensive. Just reply with a defeinitive answer instead of acting like someone felt you up or took your Barbie doll CHILL OUT no one is picking on you.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

^^^^ heehee

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

shupe, it's just that when the bruins play "on the edge"- they're punks. when the bolts "play on the edge"- it's hard-nosed playoff hockey. if you can't see this, then maybe the 100th poster to point this out might convince you. at some point you have to realize we're not just making this up, and there is some truth to the matter. just sayin'
    Posted by adkbeesfan

adk,

Problem is you are not reading all my posts.  I already said Downie is a punk and shooting the puck in the net was a punk move.  The Bruins must play hard nosed hockey.  Not sure where you are reading anything I have said to change that course of thought. 
    BUT, I said Lucic and Hortons plays werent really called for.  Doesnt take much to get suspended.  Lucic has a track record.  You ok with losing him b/c one of those plays?  Thats twice now in these playoffs.  How long before the league looks at one? 
    My only point on Downie is that he really hasnt done much.

Name me one questionable cheap, dirty play by any player on a Bruin in this playoffs.  Bergies bump I didnt classify as dirty.  Upsetting yes but not dirty.  Bergerons hit on DK.  Not dirty.  The Philly series had a few minor incidents.

The reason I post a lot about this stuff and I have said it a thousand times now.
    1. When the other guys run around and play on the edge and cross it they are the worst things and dirty and gutless yadda yadda yadda. 
    2. When a Bruins player does it its seen as this moral act of vengence. 

The Bruins arent a clean team.  They play hard and cross the line lots.  I am not saying its a bad thing b/c it is hockey and its a style we need to play.  But when people on here cry about the other guys dirty players, the refs and everything.  I like to remind them that its not the world against the Bruins.  That we do cross the lines on occasions.  That we do get some calls go our way.  No more, no less. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe...i agree with all you said in the above post. BUT, just as some posters come across as complete homers(unwilling to post anything bad about the b's), you often come across as a hater(playing devil's advocate on every issue). each person is entitled to their opinion, but, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk,

I readily admit i am devil's advocate and love playing the role.  There is a devil and an angel on each shoulder.  I tend to be the devil.
    Lots of great homers here.  Actually most of the homers are the best posters. 
    A hater no. If a player crosses the line I have no problem calling them out.  Maybe that is your definition of hater.  But, my debate with many is b/c I want more(ie Chara). 

Anyway, I realize I can tick people off.  Its nothing more than opinion.  We don't all agree with others.  Just the way it is. 

Cheers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shup

The B's are a hard nosed team and yes they do cross the line and more often than not they get the extra penalty.

You have played hockey, Shup, punk move of shooting the puck into net, would you have responded? I would have had a hard time not, that is someone spitting in your face, it is a mind game, but you don't let it happen. I give TT credit, he looked and yet skated away, that had to be hard for him.

Downie always gets that extra shot in, but unlike had it been a B, he doesn't get the extra pen. His jousting with March is just that, jousting.  But what was extremely dirty was when March was on the ice on the puck, he speared him twice. Yes if someone is down you give them a slash and a little extra, but he was pitchforking him, that was way over the top and def warranted a penalty.

Reffing as usual a joke, sure Luc and Hort get a penalty, but that is no diff than Downie on Chara or Gagne giving it Camp, he punched him in the face several times and they get offsetting. Consistancy is all I want, but the B's don't get it because of their reputation as being tough. One minute they let them rough it up and then go to face off, Chara gets involved and he goes to box, even though it may be offsetting, this is still penalizing the B's for defending themselves.

Be that as it may if all the games are like that you can take it, just keep it consistant. Either call everything or nothing. Also the linesmen were brutal again on the icing, their arms or lips must be too sore to raise their arms and blowe,

March histicking is a penalty, no doubt, but crosscheck and trip he took caused it, have the ba!!$ to call it right, never is tho.

Sections
Shortcuts