Downie Syndrome

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Downie Syndrome

No4,

Good post and well thought out.  I played defense and had a pretty fast temper.  They all did great restraining themselves.  Kudos to the Bruins.  Mike Kelly (coach at UNB) always told us a story about his team mate getting his teeth knocked out with a high stick, sucking it up and winning the championship.
    Players must do whatever it takes to win a game.

Downie is no angel.  I actually am glad you mentioned the spearing/pitchfork of Marchand when he was down.  Had that been Marchand on Stampkos its a completely different event.  And had it been Marchand on Downie likely the same response or no call.

The officiating in these playoffs has been really bad.  I think we can all agree on that.  We can play ti t for tat on examples.  My Ference one the other night is a prime one.  Snows the goalie, cross checks Stampkos(in the face but after watching the replay it looked like he missed) then obviously flops when someone pushes him away.  And its even steven. 

St. Louis has had his teeth knocked out twice in front of the refs and no penalties.  What are these idiots watching.  I know its the heat of the moment but I truly believe it was better with one official. 

Anyway, just looking fwd to tomorrows game. 
    Cheers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

3:00 puck drop here.

Stay thirsty my friends.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome:
    Irish, I know he is a cheap shot pest.  But you said all the agitating and cheap shots. He is gonna agitate every shift but has been quiet.  Where has he had one cheap shot?  Other than maybe the scrum with Chara.  I hardly classify that as a cheap shot or we would call Lucic's and Horton's the cheap shots of all time if thats the case.  he ran McAmmond and he has ran others.  I indicated on a thread after the Bruins 1st loss that Downie is a ticking timb bomb ready to explode.  But sucker punching the two TBay players I said he would have a license to injure.  Go back and read. I will apologize for an attack if thats what you thought it was.  Lord knows I say things in the heat of the moment as well.  I was not sticking up for Downie so much.  I just find it funny when our guys do it there is no problem(which I call Homer Syndrome- which is 100% fine).  I just tend to find a reason to challenge these types of posts.  Personally I think Downie has been very quiet.  Likely b/c he was taking bad penalties in rounds 1 and 2.  His reputation normally gets him a penalty everytime.  I say skate away from him everytime.  He looks lost unless we entertain him.  Its like a kid showing off.  Ignore and he normally gets quiet and walks away. Cheers
    Posted by shuperman

I concur with that full assessment, Shupe. I guess we were just at a misunderstanding and you didn't know my stance against the cheap shots our guys threw. Obviously, I am a big Bruins fan but I am not blinded by "Homerism." I try to take an unbiased approach when it comes to the integrity of the game and during Game 1, I was ashamed that our guys let the emotions get the best of them. Regardless, go Bruins and may this be a clean but hard fought series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Syndrome : I concur with that full assessment, Shupe. I guess we were just at a misunderstanding and you didn't know my stance against the cheap shots our guys threw. Obviously, I am a big Bruins fan but I am not blinded by "Homerism." I try to take an unbiased approach when it comes to the integrity of the game and during Game 1, I was ashamed that our guys let the emotions get the best of them. Regardless, go Bruins and may this be a clean but hard fought series.
    Posted by IrishMob7

Looking fwd to todays game as well.  Big game for sure. 
    Looking fwd to reading your posts as well.  Enjoy the game with your family.
    Cheers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Marchand has been getting a lot of shots after the whistle. I guess comes with pest territory. I want McQuaid to take Downie.  In the first Downie was staring down McQuaid LOL... you gotta be kidding me. The PEI giant will kick your azz!!!!
    Posted by BsLegion

I have come to realize that while he might not be the strongest McQuaid is afraid of no man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I personally had no problems with what Downie was doing. That's his job is to instigate and he does it very well. He hasn't taken any runs at any of our guys so that's a win for the B's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo,
    where have you been lately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

callo, where have you been lately.
    Posted by shuperman

Well I have switched to working nights 3 days a week. I work 8 pm to 8 am. Twice the pay and fours days off. I have been lucky that I've been able to see all the B's games so far. And on those nights I'm too drunk to post afterwards. Plus it's hard getting through all the nonsense getting posted here. I liked this one though. People love Marchand and his game but hate Downie, I think that's hilarious. Give me both is what I say. But you already know that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Gee Call which threads would those be? "TT is a floppy Fish,", "Chara is no better then a 7th dman," or the ones attributed to Cactus Tony/Greatseason?

They all seem perfectly relevant to me...lol!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Downie Syndrome:
    Will somebody please take out this clown? He does nothing but cheap shot after the whistle and act like a punk throughout the whole game. He goes from trying to pick fights with Chara, to shoving Marchand down after the whistle, and then shooting on Thomas when the final horn clearly sounded. I wish McQuaid or Boychuck would absolutely level this scumb@g .
    Posted by IrishMob7

Ference almost put him through the end boards in game 2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Gee Call which threads would those be? "TT is a floppy Fish,", "Chara is no better then a 7th dman," or the ones attributed to Cactus Tony/Greatseason? They all seem perfectly relevant to me...lol!!!
    Posted by jmwalters

Those sound about right!

Sections
Shortcuts