Dr. Seuss on Bobby-Lou Who

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Dr. Seuss on Bobby-Lou Who

Ode To Bobby-Lou Who
    ====================

The Bruin circled the net, and he started to shove When he heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
    He turned around fast, and he saw a small Who! Little Bobby-Lou Who, who had been pulled in two.
    The Bruin had been caught by this little Who bragger, who was learning to deal with the loss of his swagger.
    He stared at the Bruin and said, "Santy Claus, why, "Why are you taking our Stanley Cup? WHY?"

But, you know, that old Bruin was so smart and so slick He thought what to say, and he thought it up quick!
    "Why, my sweet little tot," the burly Bruin frowned, "There's a light behind your net that won't light in this town.
    "So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear. "I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here."
    So Bobby-Lou smiled, the Bruin patted his head, And he pumped up his tire and he sent him to bed.
    And while Bobby-Lou Who went to bed with no cup, the Bruin fixed the red light so that it would light up!

Now in Whoville they thought that their team was on fire, "Just annoit us the champs 'cause no team can get higher"
    "We'll bite you, we'll taunt you, we'll dive like Louganis, just hand over Stanley, 'cause we're top bananas"
    "It's luck that you've taken us down to the wire, now the party is on... so let's have a big fire!"
    But the Bear took the log for the the Who's little fire, On their walls he left nothing but hooks, and some wire.

It was period one... All the Whos in Who Nation, All the Whos, still a-snooze waiting for the coronation.
    But the Bear packed his sled, Packed it up with their presents!
    The ribbons! The wrappings! The tags! And the tinsel! The trimmings! The trappings!

The Whos lined the streets, the revellers were hearty, Whistler Mountain was crowded, they were ready to party
    "What's wrong Bobby-Lou? Tell me what's going on?" but Bobby-Lou Who knew that something was wrong.
    "Pooh-pooh to the Whos!" he was grinch-ish-ly humming. "They're finding out now that no Stanley is coming!"
    "They're just waking up! There's goals one and two. When I let in the third, what will the Whos do?"
    "Their mouths will hang open a minute or two, then the Whos down in Who-ville will all cry BOO-HOO!"
    "Then they'll huff and they'll puff and they'll burn the town down, all this because we aren't getting the crown"

"That's a noise," grinned the Bruin, "That I simply must hear!" So he paused. And the Bruin put a hand to his ear.
    And he did hear a sound rising over the snow. It started in low. Then it started to grow...
    But the sound wasn't sad! Why, this sound sounded merry! It couldn't be so! But it WAS merry! VERY!
    He stared down at Who-ville! The Bear popped his eyes! Then he shook! What he saw was a shocking surprise!
    Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small, Was watching the riot and not caring at all!
    He HADN'T stopped the Who party from coming! IT CAME! Somehow or other, it came just the same!

And the Bruin, with his claw-feet ice-cold in the snow, Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?
    It came without ribbons! It came without tags! "It came without Stanley, boxes or bags!"
    And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore. Then the Bear thought of something he hadn't before!
    "Maybe winning," he thought, "doesn't come without work. "Maybe Stanley...perhaps...doesn't go to the jerk!"

And what happened then...? Well...in Who-ville they say That the Grinch's small heart Grew three sizes that day!
    And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight, He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
    The blue collar workers that wore the Spoked B, had prevailed with that quality called in-teg-ri-ty
    So he took away Stanley, to his den in the East. And all the Bears came over and enjoyed the feast! And he...

...HE HIMSELF...! The Bruin carved the roast beast!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Dr. Seuss on Bobby-Lou Who

I like this.  under rated.

Sections
Shortcuts