Draft Hits and Misses: Atlantic Division

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Draft Hits and Misses: Atlantic Division

As per NHL.com:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722564&navid=DL|NHL|home

A good read.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Draft Hits and Misses: Atlantic Division

I read it and it depressed me.  Ray Bourque in his first year was so much better than Hamilton.  PC sucks at the draft table unless he trades for a postiion to draft well.  The much aligned management of 2004 et al was so much better.  Lars Johnsson circa 2000 though haunts my memories.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I guess it is time to ask the question again. Has any PC draft pick (non-kessel trade) actually made it to the NHL as a regular? It has been, what, 6-7 drafts now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Scary version, if you compare his draft to Chicago's the past few years, he sucks.  Sad but as much I respect PCs trade prowess, I dislike his drafting abilities as much.  

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess it is time to ask the question again. Has any PC draft pick (non-kessel trade) actually made it to the NHL as a regular? It has been, what, 6-7 drafts now?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scary version, if you compare his draft to Chicago's the past few years, he sucks.  Sad but as much I respect PCs trade prowess, I dislike his drafting abilities as much.  

[/QUOTE]

Very true. Good for PC he can trade for young prospects because he sure can't draft em. However, at some point this is going to come back to haunt the organization

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Lars Johnsson circa 2000 though haunts my memories."

What makes it worse is that MOC admitted that his scouts told him not to take Jonsson.

Aitken was a beauty as well.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Aitken truly boggle the mind. He wasn't even an all-star in junior. Who knows what they were thinking with him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very true. Good for PC he can trade for young prospects because he sure can't draft em. However, at some point this is going to come back to haunt the organization

[/QUOTE]

The argument has been beaten to death already but I refuse to believe that PC had no input into who the Bruins drafted in 2006. I wouldn't doubt it if his take on what (or who) he liked in a junior prospect was part of his job interview.

http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/Boston_Bruins_Draft_Flashback-_2006

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You are probably right but "officially" it has been rather dismal. Though the blame can probably be on the scouts too...partly.

I just can't think of another team that has not drafted a single regular in that time frame...no one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

You are probably right but "officially" it has been rather dismal. Though the blame can probably be on the scouts too...partly.

I just can't think of another team that has not drafted a single regular in that time frame...no one.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue with you there but I suspect you'll start to see more of the draft picks start contributing in the very near future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

It amazes me that scouts seem to keep their jobs, without having to produce any decent prospects.

Dean Malkoc has been the B's Western Hockey League scout for 7 years, and his contributions with picks in the first 4 rounds, consist of Zach Hamill (8th 2007), Ryan Button (86th  2009),& Craig Cunningham (97th  2010).

That's it, for 7 years of work.

The Cunningham pick bothers me more than the Hamill pick. There was not much top-end talent in the WHL in 2007, so Hamill looked better, by default, than he really was.

But, how do you decide Cunningham, who had gone un-drafted the previous year, and whose stats were...

72gp 37g 60a 97p  was a better choice than his teammate, who was 1 1/2 years younger, and had stats of...

72gp 41g 40a 81p?

How does a pro scout determine that the 5'10" Cunningham, is a better prospect than his 5'09" teammate, Brendan Gallagher?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Zach Hamill was just a killer pick with Couture, Sutter, McDonagh, 3 outa the next 4 picks that is just a brutal pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hard to argue with you there but I suspect you'll start to see more of the draft picks start contributing in the very near future.

[/QUOTE]

I suspect you're right. 

The model has been to let players develop in the minors. There has been no need to displace the players already playing for big club. Spots are now opening up.

The opinions regarding PC's drafting will most likely start swaying from " they suck.......... to ........."hey, not as bad as I thought" variety as they make their way to the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suspect you're right. 

The model has been to let players develop in the minors. There has been no need to displace the players already playing for big club. Spots are now opening up.

The opinions regarding PC's drafting will most likely start swaying from " they suck.......... to ........."hey, not as bad as I thought" variety as they make their way to the NHL.

[/QUOTE]

Only been, what, seven year.....I am waiting with baited breath

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chiarelli sucks at the draft table.  It's indisputable. 

From his "what the f is he thinking" Hamill pick to his "why would they ever need one of those" Subban pick, he's a joke on draft day.  Because of his drafting, the B's have had to acquire players via free agency and trades.

Caron, on his fourth go-round, had one goal in 35 games.  Jared Knight, who was creating circle jerks all over BDC for whatever reason, hasn't played one NHL game.  Spooner can't put the puck in the ocean.  

2009:  Caron, Button, MacDermid, Randall, Sexton.  Why did Chiarelli even attend the draft?  

The more I look at his drafting history, the more angry I get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I suspect you're right. 

[/QUOTE]

Which of the Providence Bruins do you think have developed enough to make the NHL team?  Where will they play?  With five NHL caliber centers for four lines, I can't see No Goals Spooner making the jump.  I think the only open slot is the one the skating clown leaves available.  Have they don't a good job nurturing a replacement clown?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank god he can trade for picks, as you mentioned. Where would the prospect pool be without the Kessel (Seguin, Hamilton)and Seguin trades (Smith, Fraser, Morrow)? I mean really? Those are the only guys with a legit nhl future.....aside from Spooner who is still just a "what if" at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Which of the Providence Bruins do you think have developed enough to make the NHL team?  Where will they play?  With five NHL caliber centers for four lines, I can't see No Goals Spooner making the jump.  I think the only open slot is the one the skating clown leaves available.  Have they don't a good job nurturing a replacement clown?

[/QUOTE]

The roster is what it is now. 

Will it stay that way for the whole 2015 season ?

As the off season progresses with the possible movement of players and as the regular season starts with injuries happening.................what you think and what will really play out might be two different things.

On the other hand if nas thinks what will happen regarding open spots and how far the players in Providence have developed is true ...........then it must be true.

Borrowed this line !

We'll have to wait and see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Hockey is entertainment and fun. The draft is fun too.

Why get angry ? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Subban pick, he's a joke on draft day.  

[/QUOTE]

Loved that pick. By all reports he's progressing nicely. 

Other then Tanner Pearson ( all 29 other teams passed on him in the 1st round ) I see nobody else picked after Subban that's currently making a name for himself as an NHLer.

Just for me having a better understanding of your dismay with this pick and forgetting Pearson plus giving you the benefit of hindsight..........who would you have picked ?

There must be plenty of options considering Subban was a joke of a pick.

Here you go............. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2012e.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2012e.html ;

And with the 25th pick in the 2012 NHL entry draft, Nas would have selected .......................................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Subban, Spooner, Florek, Trotman, Camara and KoKo could make the Bruins.

How about you tell us why, other than Spooner, none of those players will not make the Bruins roster in the near future ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about you tell us why, other than Spooner, none of those players will not make the Bruins roster in the near future ?

[/QUOTE]

For one to reply to this question shouldn't they have a little more then the "because I said so" mentality ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chowda, how many Providence games have you been to recently?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Subban, Spooner, Florek, Trotman, Camara and KoKo could make the Bruins.

[/QUOTE]

Where are they going to play?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

And with the 25th pick in the 2012 NHL entry draft, Nas would have selected .......................................

[/QUOTE]

A player that plays a position that isn't locked up for many years to come.

In case you aren't aware of this, only one goalie can play at a time.

In case you aren't aware of this, the Bruins have a really good goalie.

In case you aren't aware of this, the Bruins don't need another goalie.