Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick?

Just as the title says.  I dont know the prospects well at all so just wanted to see what people thought while we wait for the playoffs to start.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick?

I would still take Ryan Murhpy, the 9th rated N.A. prospect.  Though, if one of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog or Courturier were available, it would be very tempting.  Ryan Strome is also of interest.  I just want the Bruins to draft a high-skill player.  This could be the last top-10 pick for a while (I hope).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick?

Honestly, it's such a remote possibility (< 3%) I wouldn't spend much time with it.  If it did happen, we'll have a couple months to play with the choices.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick?:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, it's such a remote possibility (< 3%) I wouldn't spend much time with it.  If it did happen, we'll have a couple months to play with the choices.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I know the percentage but i figured it was a topic that could pass time til playoffs thurs im getting anxious.  and hey u know so what the harm in discussing it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nothing wrong with talking about it.  That's what a forum is for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

That would be great if we hit it, despite the low probability.

I'm with OatesCam, no matter where we pick, get someone with a high skill level.  That's what our roster lacks on both ends of the ice.  The PP is exhibit one of that!

If we got #5, I would be hoping for Huberdeau.  I was surprised Hamilton got 4th on NA list by CS, I don't know a ton about him, but seems higher than most expected.  I also thought Murphy would be much higher.

In either spot, I'm hoping for Strome to drop too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

I like the idea of a skilled player, i do agree that is what our team needs.  I would like a skilled winger with some speed would be nice not sure who that would be but i think it would help our team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Not sure who they would pick but the explosion coming out of the Toronto fan base would be entertaining.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

hahaha that is true just when they thought they got us far away enough from a top 5 pick BAM! we are right back there THANK YOU KESSEL.  lol that would funny

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I remember correctly and it has not been my strength latley but didn't the pens have a 6% chance of landing #1 the year they got Crosby..either way though, I hope they deal it. No matter what happens this postseason I think they need 1 more winger with some touch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

What about trading this pick...if the Bruins don't hit the lottery, would you flip this pick and maybe something else for like Iginla? What if they do actually hit it? Does that become less palatable? I would love to see the Bruins add him, or if not go after Richards in FA if Savard decides he is going to retire (which he should).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

B's diehard, I like your thought process.  I would rather make this pick and just sign richards, he would give us more of what we're missing, a guy who see's the ice, can score some goals, and controls the PP either from the point or half wall.  Richards would be exactly what the doctor ordered to push us into elite, top 2 status.  We have power forwards, we need a puck possesion guy (one who can score and dish).  I would love to see the Bruins shed some deadweight salary to scoup Richards (Ryder, Kelly, Rex is done, savvy's money, boychuck, seidenberg, ferrence, obviously this is a mix of potential salary dumps and UFA's walking).  We would be far better off with Richards on a top 2 line and one of the kids playing 3rd line minutes than paying kelly ryder etc a few million. 

Downside to signing BR, term, we are going to own him for a while and he's had some injury plagued seasons.  But he also holds that conn smythe!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

whether they win the lottery or not, i'd trade that pick and whatever else it would take to the Oilers for their 1st and draft future stud d-man Adam Larsson....

this kid would automatically become the b's second best d-man....

failing that, i'd try to find a way to select Landeskog....

both these kids will be playing in the nhl next season....

that said, i don't see any of that happening....  not PC's style....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

If we're talking about free agents, two guys that could be had (possibly-if they make it to Free Agency) if the price is relatively right would be Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen. Cole could very well be a 25-25-50 the next few years, and he brings experience. Jokinen is a 20-ish goal scorer and an underrated passer (probably a 50-55+ point guy as well).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick? : I wouldn't pursue Richards as a free agent.  He's one of those declining guys who has past credentials.  I don't think he can do it again.  (If he was going to it would have been this year with the Bruins.)  Doughty would be my number one target.  I know he's a RFA, and a team letting a high pick go after their first contract is fairly unprecidented.  I would go after him before Yandle. I would also keep the pick and lean towards picking a forward.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Not a prayer Doughty is let loose by LA, that would be unreal though, just wishful thinking though.  Same with Yandle since Pho has cap room. 

I'm not sure why you think Richards is on the decline?  BR had 77 pts in 72 games this year (28 goals), 91 in 80 games last year, and he made his two wingers play above their level.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick? : Not a prayer Doughty is let loose by LA, that would be unreal though, just wishful thinking though.  Same with Yandle since Pho has cap room.  I'm not sure why you think Richards is on the decline?  BR had 77 pts in 72 games this year (28 goals), 91 in 80 games last year, and he made his two wingers play above their level.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    I agree on Richards but can't see where he could fit into Boston's long-term plans(financially).If I was targeting an RFA,it would be Weber although he's a pipe dream like Doughty and Yandle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft Lottery Tonight: Say Bruins get lucky and jump to 5 - Who would you pick? : I agree on Richards but can't see where he could fit into Boston's long-term plans(financially).If I was targeting an RFA,it would be Weber although he's a pipe dream like Doughty and Yandle.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I agree with the financial challenges down the road when it comes time to resign Krejci/Lucic/Horton/Seguin the draft picks etc, but at the same time thomas will come off the books in that time frame and if you add chara, rask, and bergy to that list, I can't think of one guy on this roster who is necessary to keep.  That's alot of money tied into the average guys.

This goes back to my opinion  of this team, I see a core of a half dozen guys who make this team really tick, the rest are average, but overpaid guys.  We would be better off with a guy like richards to make 2 great lines and play cheaper younger alternatives on 3rd line and who cares about 4th, but we do have good cheap options there now.

On D, we have Z, who is great and a center piece guy, the rest of em I could do without and we pay alot of money there to Seids, Ferrence, Boychuck for what they provide.  Those 3 salaries could bring Mcquaid, Stuart and a legit #2/second #1 guy and we'd be far better off.  I will say, ferrence has been good this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

COMMON 2.7%!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]COMMON 2.7%!!!!!!!!
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    Here it comes!Go Bruins!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Law of averages is on someone moving this year....let's hope it our B's!
    Cross everything you have...just a few more minutes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

NJ wins going from 8 to 4.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

So, 9 it is...now the debate begins...good luck for the Devils...as I said someone was gonna move this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So, 9 it is...now the debate begins...good luck for the Devils...as I said someone was gonna move this year.
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]
    Well Tom at least there are quite a few quality players that should still be available at 9.With no true concensus #1,it should make for an interesting draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Now... is it just me, or did anyone else think 'wow that was close, it was almost us.'

NJ wins on this deal.

Hey Cactus wherever you are, I have the Oil and the Devils winning the cup before the Leafs.

Sections
Shortcuts