Draft Order Top 5.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Draft Order Top 5.

1. Edmonton
    2. Columbus
    3. Montreal
    4. Islanders
    5. Toronto

I say Edmonton deals the pick for help on the blue line, no way they want all those young forwards contracts coming up at roughly the same time. Only makes sense, plus they need to start winning and I think it's their best bet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Draft Order Top 5.

brutal, you should have a lower chance of getting the #1 pick if you got the #1 pick the previous season imo.

This pick could easily be traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Columbus just can't catch a break. They would've picked the wrong guy anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Order Top 5.:[QUOTE]brutal, you should have a lower chance of getting the #1 pick if you got the #1 pick the previous season imo.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

No doubt Ols and that doopid smirk on Tambellini's face makes it worse. If Steve doesn't take Yapukov he is an idiot. That kid is going to be a monsta and they could potentially have the best top two lines in the league next year immediately.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Order Top 5.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft Order Top 5. : No doubt Ols and that doopid smirk on Tambellini's face makes it worse. If Steve doesn't take Yapukov he is an idiot. That kid is going to be a monsta and they could potentially have the best top two lines in the league next year immediately.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If they take Nail,  it will be a science experiement for just how lop-sided you can be, talent-wise, and still win in the NHL. I personally think such a wing-heavy team will be doomed to fail, I don't care if every LW, RW combo is a #1 overall pick.

Edit: Sam Gagner's growth this season really gives them a lot of flexibility if they decide to move the pick. They could really make a killing via trade.

but holy crap, what an amazing #2 power-play unit these guys will have (they are already at the top of the league on the PP)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Oil should trade down and draft Murray, Rielly, or Reinhart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Hamill is still available plus our #30

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Darn, I was going to call that Columbus wouldn't end up with the #1 pick.  That franchise is just cursed, or something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Order Top 5.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Draft Order Top 5. : If they take Nail,  it will be a science experiement for just how lop-sided you can be, talent-wise, and still win in the NHL. but holy crap, what an amazing #2 power-play unit these guys will have (they are already at the top of the league on the PP) Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

My fear is how iffy high defenseman can be and how long they take to develop. Tambellini will be aggressive in trade talks and trading that pick will have to be right to pull the trigger.

I wouldn't pass on Yakupov, I would just sign a few veteran Dman as stop gap one or two year fill ins until Klefborn and Marincin are ready.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]The Oil should trade down and draft Murray, Rielly, or Reinhart.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking for an already established d-man. They need help right away on the blue line if they want to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Souray had a pretty good year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Tambellini has some assessing to do.  Who from the youngsters is the most important for competing for a championship?  When will he be ready?  It's not going to be next year, or the next.  So unless he can trade for a defenseman that is clearly going to succeed, but needs the same amount of time as the current roster, I say he just picks the pick.

That way, when it comes time to trade in the name of balance, he'll be able to choose who to keep and will be trading a more proven player (a big plus since he will want a proven player in return).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Edmonton needs a beast.  They don't have one.  They will only get one by trade.  They have to be looking at their recent history and thinking, "How many times are we going to draft so high and fail so miserably?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Bettman's got a "you know what".

Gretzky's alma mater Pittsburgh Oilers against Super Mario's alma mater Edmonton Penguins for Cup finals in the future.  Sickened me when Pitts tanked for those years and sickens me to see Edm tank now.  They should be penalized for having the number 1 pick, 3 yrs in a row.

On a side note, think Edm will take Boychuck, Tuukka's rights and our first pick for the number one?  Just a thought.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I just watched the video.  The smile on Tamballini's face was disgusting.

Burke's expression was priceless also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Could we trade Marty Turco for Toronto's 1st round pick (5th) ??? and if we include Hamill, can we also get their 1st pick in 2013 ?

It is a stupid statement but with the Leafs you never know !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Chowda, shut your eyes and read no further or you'll have an anneursim.

Course I haven't seen any of the guys in the top 5, I've only looked at their stats and I don't like them.  Based on the numbers alone I think Nail is going to be the weakest #1 of the last 5 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Edmonton does not need another forward unless he is in the mold of Mark Messier.  They already have several "pretty boy" forwards who can put the puck in the net like RNH, Eberle, Hall, etc...  They have several needs that include grittier forwards, a shut down D-man, a puck moving D-man, and a Goalie.  If I were running this refinery, I would trade out of #1 for a package of the above and picks. Another wise option would be to keep #1 and trade one of their pretty boys for their needs.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not saying they have to or should trade the pick for a defenseman, they could trade Jordan Eberle for a d-man and draft Yakupov, but either way, they need some d-men, possibly a goalie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Chowda, shut your eyes and read no further or you'll have an anneursim. Course I haven't seen any of the guys in the top 5, I've only looked at their stats and I don't like them.  Based on the numbers alone I think Nail is going to be the weakest #1 of the last 5 years.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Wow. You're really going out on a limb there BH. RNH, Hall, Stamkos, Tavares and Kane. I agree and I didn't even have to look at your all mighty stats. At this age 4 of the 5 ( I didn't see RNH because he was in the WHL ) were all better players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

When you are bad enough to be picking #1 you go for the best player available rather than draft for need. You can use your depth in one area to acquire what's needed in another area.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm with the trade the pick and move down a few notches group. This draft is reportedly top heavy with defencemen from the WHL. They need d. Acquiring maybe a veteran defenceman and being able to still draft another defenceman they like would be in their best interests rather then drafting another forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would trade it too.  Everyone wants Nail, so they'd probably get lots of value.  The Oilers need to be careful about how many young stars have expiring ELC at the same time too.  They have a glut of young talent at forward already.  They should trade down for an established high end d-man and then they can still grab a good defensive prospect somewhere in the first round, which is deep with d-men.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Just looking at the Oilers team...are they really paying 10.5 million next year for Horcoff and Hemsky??! If they had reasonable contracts, they could have leveraged them into a DMan perhaps.

I think they'd have to consider calls on Eberle, Omark, and/or Gagner, if it could land them a stud D.

Who do you think they could target if they dangled that first pick?

Would they consider dumping Smyth?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Just looking at the Oilers team...are they really paying 10.5 million next year for Horcoff and Hemsky??! If they had reasonable contracts, they could have leveraged them into a DMan perhaps. I think they'd have to consider calls on Eberle, Omark, and/or Gagner, if it could land them a stud D. Who do you think they could target if they dangled that first pick? Would they consider dumping Smyth?
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Eberle was their best player last year. Trading away your best player when he's 21 ? I think if they trade someone, he would be the last option.

Sections
Shortcuts