Draft picks for Kessel shake out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Draft picks for Kessel shake out

"Mail us the cup if Kessel had played"

I needed to have good laugh. Comical!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

marco you just don't understand hockey. a system requires 100% buy in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Be hard to make an argument on that not being a definite forgone conclusion

Don't have to worry about it cuz kessel Won't be wining any cup in toronto any time soon but if it had to be in Boston oh boy ! Oh causeway!   

[/QUOTE]

In your mind.  Not in my mind.  Not in a lot of people's minds.

You don't understand a team built for the playoffs vs. a team built for the regular season.

In your mind the guy who wins fantasy hockey would be the greatest NHL GM ever.

Just add up goals and bingo there you go, that's a cup.

Please comment on this list.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/nhl/leaders.asp?type=Skaters&season=reg&rank=008

Do you know what a GWG is?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Teach me

[/QUOTE]

That's impossible because you refuse to learn anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"kessel did score 2 Is an attempt at justification a poor one at that- pls see his amazing playoff record You expect him to shine In every series - u serious"

This goes against the theory that the NHL would have, should have just mailed the cup to Boston last summer. If Kessel is that kind of player that dominates went it counts then he should have dominated the Carolina series.

You can't just pick n choose which playoff series, whatever playoff game you want to dominate. Either dominate the whole playoffs ala Orr, Mario, Gretzky and Toews last year or your an average playoff performer. No gray area, one or the other.

Another FAIL for the poor mega troll!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bill Belichick drafted a stone cold killing murderer.

PC has never drafted a murderer.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Chiarelli best moves was horton seidenberg and ill give him the signing ooh chara eventhough technically he wasn't Gm

Soderberg might turn out to be another good move too

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they have admitted they don't like their drafting, that's why they fired their head of scouting.  So that matter is being addressed.

Signing Savard?  Krug?  Iginla?  The Paille trade?  Boychuk, Marchand, Rask - and all his other moves?  They don't even register with you?

Who's a better GM in the league?  Name someone who's even close.  Shero?  He inherited Crosby and Malkin, and how has he made that team better?  You?  Are you saying you're better at the job than PC?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:[QUOTE] Teams aren't perfect and don't have crystal balls, but when you have a top 5 pick and blow it twice, that's embarrassing. [/QUOTE]

Oh so I guess that applies to the Pats but not the Bruins. Oh I see your logic :facepalm

Kraft is real charitable about how much he charges for parking in Foxboro. Convinces Brady to restructure his contract then lets Welker walk. Ah yup he's charitable all right.

Yah PC should be embarrassed by his Stanley cup ring, he didn't earn it. At least PC doesn't have to video tape the teams he's about to meet in a playoff game to win.

ZERO Super Bowls for the Pats since being caught in SpyGate!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill Belichick drafted a stone cold killing murderer.

PC has never drafted a murderer.

[/QUOTE]

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well this thread was aimed at two posters we know. With all of mega trolls assertions about Seguin, the Bruins should have won last years cup. Right ?

So the point is Boston wins the  2013 cup with Kessel and Toffoli ?

or PC still doesn't draft well ? Or both ?

[/QUOTE]

I don;t think Chia drafts well. Who drafts someone who they think might have character flaws or isn't a system in the top 5 of a draft????

He did it not once, but twice!  It's the biggest stain on his resume here and it ain't debatable.

It's one thing if the top 5 picks in a draft are not strong on a given year, maybe he should have traded back, etc, those sorts of discussions, but that does not apply here.

You don't just knee jerk a top 5 pick like that.  Kessel was never known for playing D and I am sure Seguin had a rep as a finesse player who liked to party before they drafted him.

So yes, his drafting has been weak overall. His trades, meanwhile and the player development of acquired players has been good, however.

[/QUOTE]

football is a much different sport than hockey. with hockey players character issues are partying too much. Most players grow out of it. In football character issues are being a murderer, drug dealer, running dog fighting, hitting cops, carrying guns with armor piercing bullets...that kinda thing. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Why on earth would any Boston sports fan not love what Kraft and Belichick have done  here? They're the envy of almost every pro sports franchise.

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Rise up and salute the all powerful Bill Belichick.  No one else could have wasted the majority of Tom Brady's career by surrounding him with mostly garbage...and convinced fans he's a God.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Chiarelli best moves was horton seidenberg and ill give him the signing ooh chara eventhough technically he wasn't Gm

Soderberg might turn out to be another good move too

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they have admitted they don't like their drafting, that's why they fired their head of scouting.  So that matter is being addressed.

Signing Savard?  Krug?  Iginla?  The Paille trade?  Boychuk, Marchand, Rask - and all his other moves?  They don't even register with you?

Who's a better GM in the league?  Name someone who's even close.  Shero?  He inherited Crosby and Malkin, and how has he made that team better?  You?  Are you saying you're better at the job than PC?

[/QUOTE]

Come on now. There are plenty of better GMs.  I think Chiarelli is in the top 5 for now, but enough with this crowning of everything Bruins as the bestest.  I hate fans like this.

Ugh.

Take off your homer glasses. He's the only GM to have two top 5 picks in the last decade and to botch each.

Everything else, he's good at.  His trades are great. No issues there.  I thought the Jagr debacle last year probably cost us a Cup. Clearly, Iginla is a a better system fit than Jagr. So, he's clearly had some massive gaffes that have affected the team.  

His drafts in general have been poor.  They have.  Zach Hamill, Colborne, etc. I could list 7-10 names that people were all giddy about here that never turned into jack squat.

We trade Kessel because he won't play D, then we select a player in that trade who also won't play D or play in the corners and likes to party as a single guy.

Super.

Face it, those are two dopey situations.  It's comical.  Chia had a chance to redeem himself on Kessel and then totally blew it.

Now, if Smith, who I like a lot so far (very crafty and high IQ) and Eriksson work out long term, great.

I will say this: I don't want Chia to pay for one trick ponies.  I don't want to pay big bucks in the cap era for the players who only play one end of the ice.  It's why I hated the Jagr move.

We got sloppy seconds and it probably cost us the Cup.

[/QUOTE]

first off. he only had one top 5 pick. kessel wasn't his. you can argue that he was behind the kessel pick, and i'll agree with you. He didn't botch either one. He drafted two pieces that he traded for a huge haul. From those two picks he got two top six forward. a top 4 d man who happens to be 20 with upside to be better than both those players, two really good prospects and one good prospect, all while saving a boat load on the cap. your argument is asinine. Peter Chiarelli is hands down the best GM in the league. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Super Bowl victories since SpyGate.

Tricked Tom Brady into restructuring his contract out of greed.

Drafted Aaron Hernandez.

Hurried Gronkowski back from surgery. 

and you still don't know how delay of game works in the NHL.

You mad ?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts