Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
    • Pending league approval, Pavel Kubina has been traded to Philadelphia.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers

In Response to Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers:
    [QUOTE]Darren Dreger @ DarrenDreger Pending league approval, Pavel Kubina has been traded to Philadelphia.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Nick Kypreos on Hockey Central just said he went in exchange for two picks.  He made no mention of what round they were to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : Nick Kypreos on Hockey Central just said he went in exchange for two picks.  He made no mention of what round they were to be.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Kypreos tweeted 2nd and 5th.

Nick Kypreos@RealKyper

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Conflicting reports now on compensation.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
    • Second-round pick and fourth-round pick for Kubina

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : Kypreos tweeted 2nd and 5th. Nick Kypreos @ RealKyper Confirmed. # SNTrade Kubina to # Flyers for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Done.

Thanks Crowls.  Philly's loading up on their back end.  Think it's due in part to Pronger's absence?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Grossman cost them a 2nd in 2012. If it's a second, it has ro be next year. Their 3rd in 2013 is also gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : Thanks Crowls.  Philly's loading up on their back end.  Think it's due in part to Pronger's absence?

They can get all the D they want if Bryzgalov continues to under perform it will all be for not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : Thanks Crowls.  Philly's loading up on their back end.  Think it's due in part to Pronger's absence?

Agree RHO, loading up.  Nice d-pair pick-up for them with Kubina and Grossman.

Four in a row traded pending UFA's as well (Grossman, Moore, Gill & Kubina).  Worth mentioning as we have had some conversation around whether or not that has any impact.  This trend might suggest that it does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : They can get all the D they want if Bryzgalov continues to under perform it will all be for not.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Exactly, kel.  Kypreos also wondered if they got Kubina to do the puck-stopping. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : Exactly, kel.  Kypreos also wondered if they got Kubina to do the puck-stopping. 

The Staal SHG made me feel better about how Rask and Thomas have been playing lately.  Bryzgalov looked awful today, Bobrovsky was no better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : Agree RHO, loading up.  Nice d-pair pick-up for them with Kubina and Grossman. Four in a row traded pending UFA's as well (Grossman, Moore, Gill & Kubina).  Worth mentioning as we have had some conversation around whether or not that has any impact.  This trend might suggest that it does.

Crowls - That's a lot of size they've added.  We'll have to see what, if any effect these moves have on the fortunes of the Flyers. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers : The Staal SHG made me feel better about how Rask and Thomas have been playing lately.  Bryzgalov looked awful today, Bobrovsky was no better.

Guess that explains the rumoured talk of the Flyers being on the lookout for a goaltender.  I think Legion mentioned it from a Philly broadcast he was watching.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Get enough bodies and you won't have to worry about injuries?  I don't know enough about the Flyers cap situation, but it looks to me like this deal puts them very close to the limit, even with them demoting some AHL guys and using LTIR relief.  I would think something has to give before long.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the consonant brothers aint gonna do it for the fliars.

anybody watching van/make believes can see the value of goaltending.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Seems like teams are starting to fight fire with fire. Rangers and Jets hit everyone in sight. Vancouver fights back. Carolina is always finishing checks on the forecheck. Even Montreal got physical last game. Philly is bulking up on the back end. Jersey is a tough group.

Boston needs to do something to recapture their relentless skating and checking game, or else they're going to be run over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Seems like teams are starting to fight fire with fire. Rangers and Jets hit everyone in sight. Vancouver fights back. Carolina is always finishing checks on the forecheck. Even Montreal got physical last game. Philly is bulking up on the back end. Jersey is a tough group. Boston needs to do something to recapture their relentless skating and checking game, or else they're going to be run over.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

asmaha - The competition is using the Bruins' former form to their own advantage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yup - pretty clear that the Bs are getting hit with their own medicine these days. It's not surprising teams are doing this, but it is surprising that the Bruins don't seem to have an answer for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

The Flyers can do what they want- they still don't have a goalie. The Bruins will have an answer when it counts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Flyers have added some experience and size to their back end, plus JVB is coming back from his concussion. The bruins need to make some changes like Caron with Kreji and Lucic because Caron is always in position on offense and defense while Pouliot floats much too much. Bergeron's line needs to have more freedom given to Marchand. I know some don't like his play, but he needs the agressiveness in order to produce the goals, just ask Cam. Kelly together with Paille is Ok, but I don't like saddling them with Pouliot. Hennessey looked Ok, but, it puts a heavy burden on Campbell. The defense, including Chara and Seidenberg ,primarily, have been poor , at best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I think we have two things going against us right now when it comes to making a deal. One, we are hated around the league, and two, we are the defending champs. Nobody wants us to improve and repeat. I think the only way we make a deal is if we do something realy stupid. I hope I'm wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

How does Philly trade a 2nd round pick and a conditional 2nd round pick in the same draft for two different players?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dreger reporting Kubina to Flyers:[QUOTE]The Flyers can do what they want- they still don't have a goalie. The Bruins will have an answer when it counts. Posted by Chef09[/QUOTE]

It always haunts Holmgren's Broad St. Bushleagers and I love it!