Dregger: "Boston on Iginla Short List"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Dregger: "Boston on Iginla Short List"

Well, at least as a GM, you passed one obstacle; The coveted player actually wants to come and play for your team.

Now, it's about figuring out the pieces that would make such deal work for both sides.

As we all know, that's easier said than done. Also, Pitt, LA, CHI, other three teams mentioned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: Dregger:

Don't know if Iggy has any ties to Boston but his style of play fits the Bruins more than the teams mentioned but playing with Crosby would be hard for him to turn down, all we can hope for is Iggy chooses Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

Don't know if Iggy has any ties to Boston but his style of play fits the Bruins more than the teams mentioned but playing with Crosby would be hard for him to turn down, all we can hope for is Iggy chooses Boston.

Melrose, McKenzie, Dregger, and LeBrun all say the same thing. However, it sounds as if Iggy is driving the bus here. Any destination he ends up in would of been his choice.

Personally, I dont see a "fit" in Pitt. They have tremendous chemistry going, with all top-9 forwards contributing heavily on the offense. What they need is a solid d-man on the back end.

LA, believe it or not, may need to add an additional piece if they aquire Iginla. From what I have heard and read it seems like they are not willing to deal any of their young players (especially Bernier) for a "rental".

With Hossa having some injury problems Iggy may fit into what CHI wants to do in terms of balance and depth. Again, I dont see it as their top need.

I would wish for PC to work his magic but if it does not get done i wont be dissapointed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

We'll know pretty soon who wins the Iginla lotto. Can't see him staying in Calgary this time around. Would love to see this guy in a Bruins uniform. He's still got game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Matches made in Heaven are arranged in Hell.

Not so fast everybody.

Looks good from far, but far from good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Not so fast everybody.

You're saying Iglina wouldn't look good in a B's jersey? Is that what this wonderful quote is saying?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Jerome & Ference are great friends.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Not so fast everybody.

You're saying Iglina wouldn't look good in a B's jersey? Is that what this wonderful quote is saying?

Everyone looks good in a Bruins jersey, you didn't know that?

Use your brain and figure it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Jerome & Ference are great friends.

Derek Morris and Ference were great friends.

Being buddies with Ference is meaningless, unless you go to a restaurant on Hanover St.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I want him to go elsewhere because I don't think I can stand reading about "Iggy" for the next X months or years if he re-signs.

Men who call sports stars by their nicknames affectionately are not men.  They are little girls.  Nicknames in jest (Fat) are a different story.

Jarome Iginla isn't a friend of yours.  Calling him Iggy implies that or that you're a blinded superfan like a seventh grader with One Direction tickets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I want him to go elsewhere because I don't think I can stand reading about "Iggy" for the next X months or years if he re-signs.

Men who call sports stars by their nicknames affectionately are not men.  They are little girls.  Nicknames in jest (Fat) are a different story.

Jarome Iginla isn't a friend of yours.  Calling him Iggy implies that or that you're a blinded superfan like a seventh grader with One Direction tickets.

You are my first "ignore". Congrats and get a life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I do it bc its easier Or bc i dont know how to spell their names.  Do you know Seggy?   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

I am usually against leveraging the future for a rent a player but getting Iginlia may be the shot in the arm this team needs.  Even at his age he can bring the tougnhess with a decent scoring touch.  He can lead us by example similar to Rechi.  I once was against trading away player(s) for him, now I think this team needs a player like Iginlia (pull the trigger Peter).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would love iggy.  One of the true greats on and off the ice.  I want him in a bruins uni for a few reasons. 

A.  To keep him off other teams that are contenders

B.  Bc i think he would fit in perfect

C.  Bc i think he resigns where ever goes meaning 2-4 yrs of this guy.  

Plus i want sarich coming with.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

For Nassy

Iggy Iggy Iggy

or as Quaggy would say Giggity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

You are my first "ignore". Congrats and get a life.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Anyone that searches for threads at midnight on a Saturday has none so you are spot on. If IT can't have the threads the way he wants he cries in the corner like a child!

The return for Iginla will be an NHL ready prospect, Khudobin or Rask, a current Boston roster player and a 1st rounder. This will be a tough thing but not impossible.

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere."

WINNING!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Not A Shot-- its simple-- guys on this board call him "Iggy" because they can't spell his name.

Boys-- its Its Iginla.   If you are too stupid to spell it correctly just call him #12 or J.I.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Yaso#7's comment:

Not A Shot-- its simple-- guys on this board call him "Iggy" because they can't spell his name.

Boys-- its Its Iginla.   If you are too stupid to spell it correctly just call him #12 or J.I.

Yes bc J.I. Is much better then Iggy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I know Shupe can you not spell his full name ?  It's not like Khokhlachev , I have to google his name and copy paste all the time !
    Shupe please one answer to this question. 

As for your hopes. Of course Igilna has the Bruins on a short list, Bruin are contenders but I don't see Chiarelli breaking the bank , he will not trade tomorrow for today (meaning he will not trade away prospects that he feels will be NHLers for the future for a better team today) , he'll state he thinks the team they have are good enough to win . 

If Iginla is traded, I say he goes to the Pens.   I wish that would happen before trade deadline, it just might forece Chiarelli's hand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The return for Iginla will be an NHL ready prospect, Khudobin or Rask, a current Boston roster player and a 1st rounder. This will be a tough thing but not impossible."

That is what it will take.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I know Shupe can you not spell his full name ?  It's not like Khokhlachev , I have to google his name and copy paste all the time !
    Shupe please one answer to this question. 

As for your hopes. Of course Igilna has the Bruins on a short list, Bruin are contenders but I don't see Chiarelli breaking the bank , he will not trade tomorrow for today (meaning he will not trade away prospects that he feels will be NHLers for the future for a better team today) , he'll state he thinks the team they have are good enough to win . 

If Iginla is traded, I say he goes to the Pens.   I wish that would happen before trade deadline, it just might forece Chiarelli's hand.

Yes i can.  Iggy is easier.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"The return for Iginla will be an NHL ready prospect, Khudobin or Rask, a current Boston roster player and a 1st rounder. This will be a tough thing but not impossible."

That is what it will take.

LOL... that's just it, I don't think PC will do it. 

Svedberg , you think he's ready for the NHL ? I only read about him , look at stats and they're very good in the AHL but is it because Cassidy has the team playing well,  a tight game , they're a very good team ?  Or Svedberg saving their behinds when he's in nets ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I would love iggy.  One of the true greats on and off the ice.  I want him in a bruins uni for a few reasons. 

Exactly... but I don't think there is much chance for Sarich coming with

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

We need a dman more then a fwd right now.  Sarich would be so easy to get right now.  I dont wanna see bartman or johnson anymore.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Sarich does not cost much , Flames will not make the playoffs and will want to unload guys like him.