Dregger: "Boston on Iginla Short List"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Dregger:

Let's think about what the B's are giving up for a player like Iginla that is past his prime, being 35 years old and can walk at the end of the season. Plus, his addition does not, by any means, ensure that the cup will come back to Boston.

Adding this player at a cost of Subban, a 1st round pick and somebody else is in my opinion ludicrous. If you want to give up that bounty for someone like Thomas Vanek...then let's talk.

Keep in mind that the gene factor is in play with Subban...meaning that in many cases the younger sibling of a current professional player gets to that level himself and oftentimes, the younger sibling is even better than his brother. Why forego that possibly for an overaged rental player who doesn't guarantee anything this year.

Acquiring Iginla does not make the B's a better team than Pittsburgh or Chicago, so PC would have a bit more work to do to get his team to that level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Berg and Iggy played together at OLy, Fer in Cal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

The Third Annual Tear Your Team Apart Player Award winner for 2013:

Jarome Iginla.  Damage to come later. Watch out PC.

2012 Winner:

Rick Nash. Doing a fantastic job in NYC, and costing the Rags character players.

2011 Winner:

Ilya Kovalchuk. Thanks to him NJ lost their franchise player.

Line-up all you GM's out there, get the player to help tear your team apart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Iggy is a ufa=less return the farm does not get sold

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

One thing for sure, if PC loses out on Iginla, he better have a back up plan. I'm sure he does and i hope he brings in another forward.I could live with the B's going into the playoffs with the defence as presently constructed (healthy of course) but the forwards need tweaking, wherever that is coming from.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

2012 Winner:

Rick Nash. Doing a fantastic job in NYC, and costing the Rags character players.

2011 Winner:

It took awhile Wheats but Kovalchuk did buy into the Devil style of play and they did come within 2 games of winning the Cup. He is overpaid though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

2012 Winner:

2011 Winner:

Nobody is going to tear their team apart for a 37 year old rental....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I beleive JI also sated he didnt wanna go anywhere to be a rental player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

One thing for sure, if PC loses out on Iginla, he better have a back up plan. I'm sure he does and i hope he brings in another forward.I could live with the B's going into the playoffs with the defence as presently constructed (healthy of course) but the forwards need tweaking, wherever that is coming from.

PC is going to need to get a vet D man as well. No way CJ is going to give big minutes to a 19 year old rookie D man in the playoffs and I am sure he has probably even told PC so already....case in point, last night CJ gave more minutes to 7th wheel Johnson than Hamilton.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

PC is going to need to get a vet D man as well. No way CJ is going to give big minutes to a 19 year old rookie D man in the playoffs and I am sure he has probably even told PC so already....case in point, last night CJ gave more minutes to 7th wheel Johnson than Hamilton.

You are right with this one, its one thing to gain experience its another to get it in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Even still, i could live with Hamilton on the third pairing more than i could live with the 3rd and 4th lines as they are presently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yea, Brendan Morrow is a much better fit for the Bruins. - a player who would address their most pressing need; to give the 3rd Line more stability, more potency. And he wouldn't have to cost a highly touted - and universally so - goaltending prospect.

Giving up Malcolm Subban for a UFA rental - even Jerome Iginla - is a bad idea that would haunt the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

2012 Winner:

2011 Winner:

It took awhile Wheats but Kovalchuk did buy into the Devil style of play and they did come within 2 games of winning the Cup. He is overpaid though.

That was with Zach Parise.

Thanks to Kovie, Zach is not there anymore - see what I mean. Plus he's overpaid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shupe's not around right now, so I'll post for him:

Sarich!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Khudobin, Ference (I still think with the right team he has some years left), Subban and the Bruins 2013 1st rounder for Iginla. Caron is only looking better than Pandolfo and Bourque right now but that is not enough for scouts. Now if Calgary wants Jordan sure throw him in.

Do you think Feaster would let us have Wideman back ?

LoL

I'd take Wideman back in a second. He's much better than Seidenberg or Ference on the power play, and att his point, probably Hamilton as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Khudobin, Ference (I still think with the right team he has some years left), Subban and the Bruins 2013 1st rounder for Iginla. Caron is only looking better than Pandolfo and Bourque right now but that is not enough for scouts. Now if Calgary wants Jordan sure throw him in.

LoL

I'd take Wideman back in a second. He's much better than Seidenberg or Ference on the power play, and att his point, probably Hamilton as well.

Contract too big ,too long.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

More from Dreger.  Maye they're out trading for Iginla ?  BTW  reports out it's for nothing!!!

WT_F Dallas always gets fleeced by Pens ????

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 25m

Source say the Pens and Stars have a trade in place for Brendan Morrow. However, he has yet to waive no trade clause.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

LoL

Flames fans are in love with Wideman & PO'd at Giorodano. I'd take MG at 4.0 mil for another 4 yrs in half a heartbeat! A faster version of a Siendenberg with a better shot & can play every situation. A freakin horse, but I'm playing fantasy hockey on that one. OK I'll jump in for Shupe too. Sarich!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I'd rather Smid.  Left-side guy needed, pending UFA, dollars are about the same as Sarich.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I'd rather Smid.  Left-side guy needed, pending UFA, dollars are about the same as Sarich.

and Oilers scouts have been lurching at Bruin games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Morrow's cap hit is 4.1M , this means Pens will have about 4M in cap space left and that's not enough for Iginla.  Unless of course they trade away 4m in cap space but highly unlikely.

I think the Pens didn't have what the Flames are asking and I think now it's a goaltender. I was sure Pens would have been front runners. 

This being said , and goaltnder a big issue for Calgary it leaves L.A. (Bernier) and Bruins (goalie x) .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo!
    Don-Bruino essetially is saying the same as:

SPECTOR’S NOTE: If I were Bruins GM, I’d forget about Iginla and focus on the more affordable, short-term depth acquisitions, like Morrow…

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

A prospect and a fifth rounder for Morrow and a third. Not exactly the "sellers" market poeple on these boards are implying it is....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

A prospect and a fifth rounder for Morrow and a third. Not exactly the "sellers" market poeple on these boards are implying it is....

So their should not be any excuse for PC to get Iginla then right lol. But you know Calgary will ask the kitchen sink for him. Then get a little more what Dallas got for Morrow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Sarich will cost next to nothing.  Try and find out what Smid will cost.  

Feaster is in total drivers seat on this now.  Morrow for Morrow is a good deal for dallas.  Former first round pick.  

M Subban for Iggy and people wont do it?   Really.  He may never make the NHL.  im not sure what makes him untouchable.  

iggy is going to cost at least a 1st plus nhl ready prospect.  Morrow is a nice player but we are talking about a HOF player.  

im grabbing iggy and sarich and then trading horton for clowe and peverly for chimera.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iginla is tens times the player morrow is was or ever will be.  Pitt was smart on this.  The price for iginla has just risen.