Dregger: "Boston on Iginla Short List"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Dregger:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

The Third Annual Tear Your Team Apart Player Award winner for 2013:

Jarome Iginla.  Damage to come later. Watch out PC.

2012 Winner:

Rick Nash. Doing a fantastic job in NYC, and costing the Rags character players.

2011 Winner:

Ilya Kovalchuk. Thanks to him NJ lost their franchise player.

Line-up all you GM's out there, get the player to help tear your team apart.

NONE of these players you mention are warriors like a Recchi, or an Iglina. Not even in the same ballpark when it comes to heart & determination. Nor do they have the character of what it takes to be a champion. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I'd rather Smid.  Left-side guy needed, pending UFA, dollars are about the same as Sarich.

Sarich will cost next to nothing.  Try and find out what Smid will cost.  

Feaster is in total drivers seat on this now.  Morrow for Morrow is a good deal for dallas.  Former first round pick.  

M Subban for Iggy and people wont do it?   Really.  He may never make the NHL.  im not sure what makes him untouchable.  

iggy is going to cost at least a 1st plus nhl ready prospect.  Morrow is a nice player but we are talking about a HOF player.  

im grabbing iggy and sarich and then trading horton for clowe and peverly for chimera.  

Yes on Iginla No on Horton Yes on Chimera . The chance of any of them trades happening are 1% 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I'd rather Smid.  Left-side guy needed, pending UFA, dollars are about the same as Sarich.

Feaster is in total drivers seat on this now.  Morrow for Morrow is a good deal for dallas.  Former first round pick.  

M Subban for Iggy and people wont do it?   Really.  He may never make the NHL.  im not sure what makes him untouchable.  

iggy is going to cost at least a 1st plus nhl ready prospect.  Morrow is a nice player but we are talking about a HOF player.  

im grabbing iggy and sarich and then trading horton for clowe and peverly for chimera.  

Yes on Iginla No on Horton Yes on Chimera . The chance of any of them trades happening are 1% 

Less then that.  But thats what i want done.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So their should not be any excuse for PC to get Iginla then right lol. But you know Calgary will ask the kitchen sink for him. Then get a little more what Dallas got for Morrow.

They can ask for the universe but ultimately they will accept what is offered. they have no choice if they want to re-build. I am sure Dallas was asking more for Morrow too. Curious as to the timing of this, actually...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

So their should not be any excuse for PC to get Iginla then right lol. But you know Calgary will ask the kitchen sink for him. Then get a little more what Dallas got for Morrow.

They can ask for the universe but ultimately they will accept what is offered. they have no choice if they want to re-build. I am sure Dallas was asking more for Morrow too. Curious as to the timing of this, actually...

Different players.  Hugely different players.  Feaster said april 4th meaning he will take the best offer.  With la having a great spare goalie i could easily see them getting him.  I think the asking price and what he will get will be very solid.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Would you trade Subban and a first rd pick or spooner and first round pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

That's the real meaning of this thread "I'm right, you are wrong".

Nope.  It's about the incredibly stupid notions that fans get and honestly believe and discuss.  People who believe that a player is getting ice time in order to pump their trade value (showcasing) are the same fools who truly believe Jarome Iginla is a trade possibility.  And that's just stupid.

But, you know, thanks for trying to analyze the true meaning of my thoughts.  I had an interesting dream last night.  If I post about it, can you tell me what it means?

Nasy's comments from his headline post naming me the showcase winner.

With half a dozen posts on here about the Iggy possibility, makes Nassy the stupid fool winner of the year award. Not sure if it's fair though, he named the criteria and then jumped all over it.  Iam sure there will be many judges jump all over this one.

C'mon Nassy this one must make you chortle(chuckle).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't understand that concept at all. I thought you played for the Stanley Cup every year. That's the whole goal right? This is 2013 & the B's need the help in 2013. Worry about 2016-17 in 2015. Especially if they have what looks to be a decent goalie in Providence. Does anybody think that Subban was going to a pick to get a present trade all along? It's a very good possibility that PC had this planned along. There's very few teams that have the goaltending luxury the B's have. Subban went 24th overall. Toivonen went 29th. Came just as highly touted as Subban did. I think a Iggy for Subban is a total no brainer. If that's what Calgary is asking for, but I think Shupe is right. The price probably went way up & Feaster is already in enough hot water over the whole stupidity on the O'Reilly offer. He needs to make sure that he's getting the best possible deal he can get out the 3 teams left in the running, that's providing Pitt is out of the running.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

With half a dozen posts on here about the Iggy possibility, makes Nassy the stupid fool winner of the year award. Not sure if it's fair though, he named the criteria and then jumped all over it.  Iam sure there will be many judges jump all over this one.

He also said why would Dallas move their captain.  Bottom line anybody could me moved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: "Pitt gets B. Morrow and a 3rd-round pick 2013 in exchange Dallas gets prospects Joe Morrow and a 5th-round pick 2013"

If that really is the price for Morrow then I'm glad PC missed and will be in on Iginla.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Different players.  Hugely different players.  Feaster said april 4th meaning he will take the best offer.  With la having a great spare goalie i could easily see them getting him.  I think the asking price and what he will get will be very solid.  

I get what you are saying. I don't think the ultimate payoff is going to be as big as we are imagining it to be, however. That said, I am now in the camp of PC getting absolutely nothing of consequence done to upgrade this team...I look forward to seeing Pandolfo and AJ in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

He also said why would Dallas move their captain.  Bottom line anybody could me moved.

And I also was called out by Bookboy when I mentioned Morrow & IGGGGGGGGGY,IGGGGGGGY,IGGGGYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's for you NAS & I'm....(wait..let....me......check....yep....still a man) WHOO HOO!!! IGGGYYYYYY!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

And I also was called out by Bookboy when I mentioned Morrow & IGGGGGGGGGY,IGGGGGGGY,IGGGGYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's for you NAS & I'm....(wait..let....me......check....yep....still a man) WHOO HOO!!! IGGGYYYYYY!!!

LMAO you e-harmonizor

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

The Third Annual Tear Your Team Apart Player Award winner for 2013:

Jarome Iginla.  Damage to come later. Watch out PC.

2012 Winner:

Rick Nash. Doing a fantastic job in NYC, and costing the Rags character players.

2011 Winner:

Ilya Kovalchuk. Thanks to him NJ lost their franchise player.

Line-up all you GM's out there, get the player to help tear your team apart.

NONE of these players you mention are warriors like a Recchi, or an Iglina. Not even in the same ballpark when it comes to heart & determination. Nor do they have the character of what it takes to be a champion. 

Kovi has silver and gold medals in U18 worlds2000-01, Olympic bronze 2002, 2005 Bronze worlds,  world gold medals2008 and2009 mvp, 2010 Silver worlds,

Nash    2002 World Juniors-silver, 2005 Worlds -silver, 2007 Worlds -gold, 2008 Worlds - silver,  2010 Olympics GOLD.

Pretty good resumes.

Iginla is a far better Pick up than Recchi and that is saying something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I get what you are saying. I don't think the ultimate payoff is going to be as big as we are imagining it to be, however. That said, I am now in the camp of PC getting absolutely nothing of consequence done to upgrade this team...I look forward to seeing Pandolfo and AJ in the playoffs.

I don't think AJ has been that bad, maybe a slight downgrade from McQuaid but not much (since his recent rash of injuries, McQuaid has not been the same.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Kovi has silver and gold medals in U18 worlds2000-01, Olympic bronze 2002, 2005 Bronze worlds,  world gold medals2008 and2009 mvp, 2010 Silver worlds,

Nash    2002 World Juniors-silver, 2005 Worlds -silver, 2007 Worlds -gold, 2008 Worlds - silver,  2010 Olympics GOLD.

Pretty good resumes.

Iginla is a far better Pick up than Recchi and that is saying something.

[/QUOTE]

I know what they've done in their respective careers, but comon' they're not of the same cloth when it comes to being warriors. I like both players & I'd love them on the B's, but not for the money they make. Also, they don't have the same drive that an Iggy will, or a Morrow for that matter. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I don't think AJ has been that bad, maybe a slight downgrade from McQuaid but not much (since his recent rash of injuries, McQuaid has not been the same.)

For a 7th Dman he is fine but if he is a regular in a playoff series then that is not good. He is not better than Zanon and only slightly better than Motteau and they sucked.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Iget what you are saying. I don't think the ultimate payoff is going to be as big as we are imagining it to be, however. That said, I am now in the camp of PC getting absolutely nothing of consequence done to upgrade this team...I look forward to seeing Pandolfo and AJ in the playoffs.

I agree

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Gotta think iginla will head east.  Welcome iginla to your new home until you retire.  Boston is getting him.  Im confident.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Gotta think iginla will head east.  Welcome iginla to your new home until you retire.  Boston is getting him.  Im confident.  

I have that feeling as well. But I'll go to sleep dreaming about Bobby Ryan. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Said it before, and I'll say it again. If you can get a guy of Iginla's quality, then you do whatever it takes to get him. Once thing is abundantly clear, the B's need goal scoring, and that is what he does. Getting him - assuming PC doesn't give up any current roaster players -  adds to the depth they sorely need. Horton can go to the 3rd line, doubt it, but it's that or the Press Box. 

They are 1st in GA, so I don't think another D is as important, but I could be wrong.    I suggest:  Khudobin and a 1st pick. That's great package. Then Calgary can trade Kipper too, for another high pick. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Shupe come on,  2 weeks ago it was depth moves; now you have Iggy coming here?  You are now in full mode panic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Said it before, and I'll say it again. If you can get a guy of Iginla's quality, then you do whatever it takes to get him. Once thing is abundantly clear, the B's need goal scoring, and that is what he does. Getting him - assuming PC doesn't give up any current roaster players -  adds to the depth they sorely need. Horton can go to the 3rd line, doubt it, but it's that or the Press Box. 

They are 1st in GA, so I don't think another D is as important, but I could be wrong.    I suggest:  Khudobin and a 1st pick. That's great package. Then Calgary can trade Kipper too, for another high pick. 

that's a great trade...for the bruins. Khudobin is a good goalie, but I don't think many see the potential in him that Stanley does. He could be a starter, but probably somewhere in the middle to lower teir of starters. If the Flames are going to trade their franchise player for a goalie, it's going to be a guy they think can be a top 10 goalie in the NHL for years to come. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Shupe come on,  2 weeks ago it was depth moves; now you have Iggy coming here?  You are now in full mode panic.

I think with the way the rest of the team is playing we need a major upgrade.  Not panic at all.  But he has three teams he will go to and pitt.  I cant see them dealing then to la bc they wont wanna see him that often.  

And i can still live with small moves as long as they are perfect.   if we can land iginla and we are in a three team race then you gotta go hard for him.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

that's a great trade...for the bruins. Khudobin is a good goalie, but I don't think many see the potential in him that Stanley does. He could be a starter, but probably somewhere in the middle to lower teir of starters. If the Flames are going to trade their franchise player for a goalie, it's going to be a guy they think can be a top 10 goalie in the NHL for years to come. 

[/QUOTE]

Valid point, maybe we rate him higher than other teams will, but you do have to agree his #s this year are pretty good. Since he will be a UFA, they'd also have to have an agreement in place that he signs too, but the kid does look like the real thing. PLUS the B's 1st pick. 

Okay, the B's gave up a career AHL Centerman in Joe Colbourn, and a late First round pick for Kaberle. So if that is the baseline, then ya, I guess this is pretty weak. But I think Khud has shown some pretty good goaltending. Plus a First and maybe Spooner? 

Do you know that Kipper was traded for a Second Rounder?