posted at 3/25/2013 10:17 AM EDT
In response to kelvana33's comment:
No way I trade Subban for Iginla. A number of reasons: more of them about iginla then Subban.
1. Iginla is 35, currently makes 7 million and is unsigned after this year.
2. How much does he get once he hits free-agency? I think it would be fair to say he may get 6 million per in free-agency for at least a few years..3 years from now, a 38 year old Iginla is going to be making that much money against your cap while players like Marchand,Seguin and Hamilton etc. will be looking to get paid.
3. Is he going to play on the 3rd line with Peverley? Is he going to the 2nd line, while an underperforming Horton goes to the 3rd line?
4. I've watched a few of Subbans game this year. I can't wait to see what his game looks like 2 years from now. I'm real excited about this kid.
5. Iginla would be awesome to have down the playoff strech and the playoffs, don't get me wrong. I don't like his age and the fact that he is un-signed. He's an icon in Calgary, deservedly so, add that to the fact that there are so few sellers due to the short season, I just think the price tag is too high. Love the item, just not the price.
6. I think this team is better suited to add a player like Fleischmann, your guy Mattias, soemone who can solidify that 3rd line and hope Lucic and Horton catch fire. I beleive Horton and Lucic will get going, just in time too.
7. that said, I would rather trade this years 1st round pick to Calgary than trade Subban..Any trade not involving Subban i would dance in the street.
Good post. And may I add to the list.
8. Khudobin is a UFA after the year is over. No telling where he'll be next year. He can sign with anyone. Trade away Subban and that's two less goalies in the system.
9. One injury to Rask and the Bruins are left with Svedberg and Hutchinson/Morrison/or whoever.
Take away two goalies from the Bruins goaltending depth chart and this position has been weakened dramatically.
I would like the Bruins to win the cup this year also but :
1) Acquiring Iginla carries no guarantees of winning the cup or re-signing him because of cap restrictions.
2) Not at the risk of compromising goaltending depth for next year and beyond.
3) trade with a team who is looking at acquiring forwards ( Spooner, Koko, etc. ). Hands off the goalies.