Dregger: "Boston on Iginla Short List"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Dregger:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Exactly... but I don't think there is much chance for Sarich coming with

Sarich does not cost much , Flames will not make the playoffs and will want to unload guys like him.

And hes signed for 2 million next year.  Which is likely 1 million less then AF will want. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The return for Iginla will be an NHL ready prospect, Khudobin or Rask, a current Boston roster player and a 1st rounder. This will be a tough thing but not impossible."

That is what it will take.

LOL... that's just it, I don't think PC will do it.

Svedberg , you think he's ready for the NHL ? I only read about him , look at stats and they're very good in the AHL but is it because Cassidy has the team playing well,  a tight game , they're a very good team ?  Or Svedberg saving their behinds when he's in nets ?

When Bourque-Spooner-Tardif are clicking then Svedberg doesn't have too. I would give up Subban before I would give up this kid, what a steal. Seriously this kid could be a backup if Khudobin is traded or bolts to the KHL and he was signed as a free agent.

Can he play next year ? PC and Julien may have no choice...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

When Bourque-Spooner-Tardif are clicking then Svedberg doesn't have too. I would give up Subban before I would give up this kid, what a steal. Seriously this kid could be a backup if Khudobin is traded or bolts to the KHL and he was signed as a free agent.

I would not give up Subban for Iginla straight up, too much upside .  You would be surprised what a team would give you for a very good goalie prospect .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would not give up Subban for Iginla straight up, too much upside .  You would be surprised what a team would give you for a very good goalie prospect .

BSL, that's nuts.  Iginla is a world class talent.  Subban is a 25th pick who hasn't played a second of pro hockey.

Think of it this way:  Would you trade the B's first round pick in 2013 for Iginla?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

BSL, that's nuts.  Iginla is a world class talent.  Subban is a 25th pick who hasn't played a second of pro hockey.

Think of it this way:  Would you trade the B's first round pick in 2013 for Iginla?

You know what, maybe Subban will only be back up material ,  right now he has so many writers including your favorite McKenzie putting this guy on a pedestal and that is enough to get more or a better player,  younger in a deal.  Some GM out there thinks Subban will be the netminder savior that will bring them to the promise land. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Calgary has to have a goaltender in return, the Bruins are bleeding goaltenders right now. So whomever gets into a conversation with the Flames has to have a netminder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And that very well may be true, BSL.  I look at Rask as that type of player.  I don't care what happens in five years.  This team will be a lot different then.  I'd like to see them make a real push for the Cup this year.  I'd rather see a great player, Rask and a shot at glory this year than Subban backing up Rask three years from now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No way I trade Subban for Iginla. A number of reasons: more of them about iginla then Subban.

1. Iginla is 35, currently makes 7 million and is unsigned after this year.

2. How much does he get once he hits free-agency? I think it would be fair to say he may get 6 million per in free-agency for at least a few years..3 years from now, a 38 year old Iginla is going to be making that much money against your cap while players like Marchand,Seguin and Hamilton etc. will be looking to get paid.

3. Is he going to play on the 3rd line with Peverley? Is he going to the 2nd line, while an underperforming Horton goes to the 3rd line?

4. I've watched a few of Subbans game this year. I can't wait to see what his game looks like 2 years from now. I'm real excited about this kid.

5. Iginla would be awesome to have down the playoff strech and the playoffs, don't get me wrong. I don't like his age and the fact that he is un-signed. He's an icon in Calgary, deservedly so, add that to the fact that there are so few sellers due to the short season, I just think the price tag is too high. Love the item, just not the price.

6. I think this team is better suited to add a player like Fleischmann, your guy Mattias, soemone who can solidify that 3rd line and hope Lucic and Horton catch fire. I beleive Horton and Lucic will get going, just in time too.

7. that said, I would rather trade this years 1st round pick to Calgary than trade Subban..Any trade not involving Subban i would dance in the street.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

And that very well may be true, BSL.  I look at Rask as that type of player.  I don't care what happens in five years.  This team will be a lot different then.  I'd like to see them make a real push for the Cup this year.  I'd rather see a great player, Rask and a shot at glory this year than Subban backing up Rask three years from now.

I also don't care about about tomorrow, I'm a now guy, question is will PC do it ?  Personally I don't think he is, his job is to think about the future also and I really think he loves getting Subban last year at the draft.

If they do want to trade Subban I think just with "perception " of what Subban is now gets the Bruins more than Iginla.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

you guys are insane. If it's Subban for Iginla straight up you HAVE to do it. I think Subban and a first you have to do it. Subban a first and Peverley you have to think about it, but you should probably do it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

you guys are insane. If it's Subban for Iginla straight up you HAVE to do it. I think Subban and a first you have to do it. Subban a first and Peverley you have to think about it, but you should probably do it. 

No question.  I don't think Calgary would move it's prized possession for a single non-NHL player, however.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

I have seen over 40 years of average tending, TT won us a cup with great tending, wish we had in 70's and 80's.  Every year we face Sawchuk and lose to supposed inferior teams.

We have the nucleus for great tending for years to come, Khudo had a bad game-it happens- he is still a good goaler.  Suby has potential to be super you do not trade that, he will be requested but Khud or Sved will be valid and acceptable options.

Horts was a boon for our cup, he has not been signed-why- he would make the trade a decent even-uper, but we are not improving. He also has No trade clause.  Is Calg on Pevs-8 team trade clause. Kelly ntc.  Boych-8 team list. Seid unknown- limited ntc.

What we can get back is limited to what we can trade- bottom 4, prospects-Fer McQ.

Luc March Seg Ham can all be traded - shear stupidity if this happens.

Iggy - Fer Khud 1st 2nd----do it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Well, at least as a GM, you passed one obstacle; The coveted player actually wants to come and play for your team.

Now, it's about figuring out the pieces that would make such deal work for both sides.

As we all know, that's easier said than done. Also, Pitt, LA, CHI, other three teams mentioned.

I highly doubt he goes to Chi because there are rumblings they may have to actually shed some salary due to being so close up to the cap. Also, LA is unlikely...no real reason, just a gut feeling.

That leaves the B's and the Pens. Considering Iginla and Crosby are friends and have played together in the Olympics, and the Pens are the class of the East, I think he is headed there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

No question.  I don't think Calgary would move it's prized possession for a single non-NHL player, however.

Maybe Iginla for MacDermid, Pandolfo, and the rights to Dennis Reul?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Well, at least as a GM, you passed one obstacle; The coveted player actually wants to come and play for your team.

Now, it's about figuring out the pieces that would make such deal work for both sides.

As we all know, that's easier said than done. Also, Pitt, LA, CHI, other three teams mentioned.

I highly doubt he goes to Chi because there are rumblings they may have to actually shed some salary due to being so close up to the cap. Also, LA is unlikely...no real reason, just a gut feeling.

That leaves the B's and the Pens. Considering Iginla and Crosby are friends and have played together in the Olympics, and the Pens are the class of the East, I think he is headed there.

I agree with this but i don't think the Pens have any goaltending prospects and i don't think Vokoun will cut it.They do have some d-man prospects in the minors but who knows who their package would include.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe Iginla for MacDermid, Pandolfo, and the rights to Dennis Reul?

Not Reul.  He's going to be a good one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

I have seen over 40 years of average tending, TT won us a cup with great tending, wish we had in 70's and 80's.  Every year we face Sawchuk and lose to supposed inferior teams.

We have the nucleus for great tending for years to come, Khudo had a bad game-it happens- he is still a good goaler.  Suby has potential to be super you do not trade that, he will be requested but Khud or Sved will be valid and acceptable options.

Horts was a boon for our cup, he has not been signed-why- he would make the trade a decent even-uper, but we are not improving. He also has No trade clause.  Is Calg on Pevs-8 team trade clause. Kelly ntc.  Boych-8 team list. Seid unknown- limited ntc.

What we can get back is limited to what we can trade- bottom 4, prospects-Fer McQ.

Luc March Seg Ham can all be traded - shear stupidity if this happens.

Iggy - Fer Khud 1st 2nd----do it

what?

i think you meant that ference and khudobin will be the only players involved in the deal? i think calgary laughs at that. They would have 0 interest in ference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I agree with this but i don't think the Pens have any goaltending prospects and i don't think Vokoun will cut it.They do have some d-man prospects in the minors but who knows who their package would include.

If the Flames are going to be serious about a rebuild, and I think they finally are this time, I see a package like this:

Tyler Kennedy, 1st rounder 2013, one of the 4 prime d prospects (one of Maata, Harrington, Morrow, or Pouliot)

I can see PC offering:

Caron, 1st rounder 2013, and Subban (especially enticing if Kipper is being moved as well)

Feaster will pick one or the other....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not Reul.  He's going to be a good one.

So I hear. To bad there are no clips of his one camp on youtube or something. I could use a good laugh....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If the Flames are going to be serious about a rebuild, and I think they finally are this time, I see a package like this:

Tyler Kennedy, 1st rounder 2013, one of the 4 prime d prospects (one of Maata, Harrington, Morrow, or Pouliot)

I can see PC offering:

Caron, 1st rounder 2013, and Subban (especially enticing if Kipper is being moved as well)

Feaster will pick one or the other....

All sounds plausible to me JW, i guess it just depends which offer the flames brass like better or if some contender comes in out of the blue with a better offer. One thing the B's have over Pitt is goaltending prospects and with Kipper on his last legs and Leland Irving showing he doesn't have it that could be the deal maker. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Khudobin, Ference (I still think with the right team he has some years left), Subban and the Bruins 2013 1st rounder for Iginla. Caron is only looking better than Pandolfo and Bourque right now but that is not enough for scouts. Now if Calgary wants Jordan sure throw him in.

Do you think Feaster would let us have Wideman back ?

LoL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

All sounds plausible to me JW, i guess it just depends which offer the flames brass like better or if some contender comes in out of the blue with a better offer. One thing the B's have over Pitt is goaltending prospects and with Kipper on his last legs and Leland Irving showing he doesn't have it that could be the deal maker. 

Precisely, or Feaster could be deluding himself and not move anyone in the hopes of a late run.....lol. with that incompetent fool anything is possible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Khudobin, Ference (I still think with the right team he has some years left), Subban and the Bruins 2013 1st rounder for Iginla. Caron is only looking better than Pandolfo and Bourque right now but that is not enough for scouts. Now if Calgary wants Jordan sure throw him in.

Do you think Feaster would let us have Wideman back ?

LoL

Hah...no way PC bites, not for that contract. Streit from the Isles would be a much better pickup for the back end....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Streit from the Isles would be a much better pickup for the back end....

Streit would be a great pick up no doubt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Streit would be a great pick up no doubt.

He could be the 2013 Kaberle, just younger and more motivated....