Dregger: "Boston on Iginla Short List"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Dregger:

B's need to get Iggy.  He would add scoring punch, toughness, leadership, powerplay touch and is a guy that a team will rally for to get him the cup like the Avs did for Bourque.  I would trade anyone on the third or fourth line for him and even our babckup goalie with prospects.  He would be here for another 2 to 4 years and thats fine.  

The B's are built to win today but the way its going they aint going anywhere.  Someone needs to light a fire under lucic and Horton's rear ends and Iggy will do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think with the way the rest of the team is playing we need a major upgrade.  Not panic at all.  But he has three teams he will go to and pitt.  I cant see them dealing then to la bc they wont wanna see him that often.  

And i can still live with small moves as long as they are perfect.   if we can land iginla and we are in a three team race then you gotta go hard for him.  

[/QUOTE]

Iggy has stated that wherever he goes he wants a contract.  He will be 36 on July 1 - how much will PC have to pay him for a 2 or 3 year deal?  I can't see PC tieing up big dough for a player in the twighlight of his career.  Iggy will be going for the money, it's not coming from Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I think with the way the rest of the team is playing we need a major upgrade.  Not panic at all.  But he has three teams he will go to and pitt.  I cant see them dealing then to la bc they wont wanna see him that often.  

And i can still live with small moves as long as they are perfect.   if we can land iginla and we are in a three team race then you gotta go hard for him.  

Iggy has stated that wherever he goes he wants a contract.  He will be 36 on July 1 - how much will PC have to pay him for a 2 or 3 year deal?  I can't see PC tieing up big dough for a player in the twighlight of his career.  Iggy will be going for the money, it's not coming from Boston.

[/QUOTE]

source?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

feaster gets robbed all the time, but that is not a fair deal. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I would not give up Subban for Iginla straight up, too much upside .  You would be surprised what a team would give you for a very good goalie prospect .

BSL, that's nuts.  Iginla is a world class talent.  Subban is a 25th pick who hasn't played a second of pro hockey.

Think of it this way:  Would you trade the B's first round pick in 2013 for Iginla?

No way I trade Subban for Iginla. A number of reasons: more of them about iginla then Subban.

1. Iginla is 35, currently makes 7 million and is unsigned after this year.

2. How much does he get once he hits free-agency? I think it would be fair to say he may get 6 million per in free-agency for at least a few years..3 years from now, a 38 year old Iginla is going to be making that much money against your cap while players like Marchand,Seguin and Hamilton etc. will be looking to get paid.

3. Is he going to play on the 3rd line with Peverley? Is he going to the 2nd line, while an underperforming Horton goes to the 3rd line?

4. I've watched a few of Subbans game this year. I can't wait to see what his game looks like 2 years from now. I'm real excited about this kid.

5. Iginla would be awesome to have down the playoff strech and the playoffs, don't get me wrong. I don't like his age and the fact that he is un-signed. He's an icon in Calgary, deservedly so, add that to the fact that there are so few sellers due to the short season, I just think the price tag is too high. Love the item, just not the price.

6. I think this team is better suited to add a player like Fleischmann, your guy Mattias, soemone who can solidify that 3rd line and hope Lucic and Horton catch fire. I beleive Horton and Lucic will get going, just in time too.

7. that said, I would rather trade this years 1st round pick to Calgary than trade Subban..Any trade not involving Subban i would dance in the street.

Horton and Lucic cannot even catch a cold right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[/QUOTE]

I would love to have him.  Hortons 5 million can go to resigning iggy.  36 means what.  Should i worry about chara.  No one has been more of a sure thing then #12.  He already has the money.  He wants a cup.  In my eyes he is still an elite talent.  PC has already called Feaster.  Its not like we are making this up.  Give him 10 for 2 or 14 for 3.  Hes not an 8 million dollar player at ths point in his career.  But what makes u think he is gona break down.  Check his games played over his career, then take a boo at his pts mainly goals.  will be thrilled beyond belief if one of the best players/leaders of the last decade plus joins chara 'et al'.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Hutch played again yest, is Sved hurt or being kept on side for upcoming trade. Morrison had been reassigned to Prov, don't know if he is still there.

Sved could be to go or to come to Bos, if he is not hurt.

Is this one step towards      Iggy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

I would love to have him.  Hortons 5 million can go to resigning iggy.  36 means what.  Should i worry about chara.  No one has been more of a sure thing then #12.  He already has the money.  He wants a cup.  In my eyes he is still an elite talent.  PC has already called Feaster.  Its not like we are making this up.  Give him 10 for 2 or 14 for 3.  Hes not an 8 million dollar player at ths point in his career.  But what makes u think he is gona break down.  Check his games played over his career, then take a boo at his pts mainly goals.  will be thrilled beyond belief if one of the best players/leaders of the last decade plus joins chara 'et al'.  

[/QUOTE]

Iggy has 2 more goals than Paille.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dont start with that.  Please dont.  Iggy is well known for slow starts.  In an 82 game season he would get his 30.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Dont start with that.  Please dont.  Iggy is well known for slow starts.  In an 82 game season he would get his 30.  

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong shupe I like him too.  I just don't think the money and the return assets will work into PC's conservative management style. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong shupe I like him too.  I just don't think the money and the return assets will work into PC's conservative management style. 

[/QUOTE]

Well hes not listening to your logic.  Hes already called as soon as morrow went to pitt.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well hes not listening to your logic.  Hes already called as soon as morrow went to pitt.  

huh? You know this how?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm not sold, but only because I think the Bs have several issues to work out and Iginla only solves one of them. I'd rather see them make 3-4 moves instead of just this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I'm not sold, but only because I think the Bs have several issues to work out and Iginla only solves one of them. I'd rather see them make 3-4 moves instead of just this one.

Not saying they can't make 3 or 4 moves with Iginla as one of them. Besides, even just Iginla is a better move than a triumvirate of Rolston, Zanon, and Motteau types. Garbage is garbage, no matter the quantity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

huh? You know this how?

Lebrun tweeted it.  Said hes holding him until april 4th deadline.  

Feaster said hes holding him until the last day.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I want the B's to get Iginla, (just not for Subban) but if he's traded, I just see the Kings as more of a match.

I'm also guessing, since Pittsburgh got Morrow, they are out of the running.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I think the Bruins are fine from the Dmen out.  They proved that last year in that insain Nov-Dec run.  It's the goaltending I'm worried about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Been discussing this with my Wings' fan wife, talking about Boston being on JI's list of 4 teams he will go to.

Apparently now JI just said he would go to Detroit.

That transaction would cause tension in my house.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I want the B's to get Iginla, (just not for Subban) but if he's traded, I just see the Kings as more of a match.

I'm also guessing, since Pittsburgh got Morrow, they are out of the running.

Yeah i checked pitts roster via capgeek.  Too much movement to bring him in.  

Kings are a better match in terms of what they can give.  I just am not sure calgary wants to see him a lot and its rumored iggy wants to go east.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

hey hangnail, still waiting on the source that told you iginla wants to re-sign wherever he goes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Been discussing this with my Wings' fan wife, talking about Boston being on JI's list of 4 teams he will go to.

Apparently now JI just said he would go to Detroit.

That transaction would cause tension in my house.

with pitt out he added a team.  Feaster will make out well on this.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't see detroit being big players on this. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

hey hangnail, still waiting on the source that told you iginla wants to re-sign wherever he goes

I think its an assumed thing.  I dont see him as a rental.  He wants a team he can win with this year and the next few.  Im pretty sure before he removes the ntc he speaks with the gm before he goes ahead with it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I don't see detroit being big players on this. 

Hope not.

I have to assume a young goalie would have to be involved and they dont have one available, I think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No way I trade Subban for Iginla. A number of reasons: more of them about iginla then Subban.

1. Iginla is 35, currently makes 7 million and is unsigned after this year.

2. How much does he get once he hits free-agency? I think it would be fair to say he may get 6 million per in free-agency for at least a few years..3 years from now, a 38 year old Iginla is going to be making that much money against your cap while players like Marchand,Seguin and Hamilton etc. will be looking to get paid.

3. Is he going to play on the 3rd line with Peverley? Is he going to the 2nd line, while an underperforming Horton goes to the 3rd line?

4. I've watched a few of Subbans game this year. I can't wait to see what his game looks like 2 years from now. I'm real excited about this kid.

5. Iginla would be awesome to have down the playoff strech and the playoffs, don't get me wrong. I don't like his age and the fact that he is un-signed. He's an icon in Calgary, deservedly so, add that to the fact that there are so few sellers due to the short season, I just think the price tag is too high. Love the item, just not the price.

6. I think this team is better suited to add a player like Fleischmann, your guy Mattias, soemone who can solidify that 3rd line and hope Lucic and Horton catch fire. I beleive Horton and Lucic will get going, just in time too.

7. that said, I would rather trade this years 1st round pick to Calgary than trade Subban..Any trade not involving Subban i would dance in the street.

[/QUOTE]

Good post. And may I add to the list.

8. Khudobin is a UFA after the year is over. No telling where he'll be next year. He can sign with anyone. Trade away Subban and that's two less goalies in the system.

9. One injury to Rask and the Bruins are left with Svedberg and Hutchinson/Morrison/or whoever. 

Take away two goalies from the Bruins goaltending depth chart and this position has been weakened dramatically.

I would like the Bruins to win the cup this year also but :

1) Acquiring Iginla carries no guarantees of winning the cup or re-signing him because of cap restrictions.

2) Not at the risk of compromising goaltending depth for next year and beyond. 

3) trade with a team who is looking at acquiring forwards ( Spooner, Koko, etc. ). Hands off the goalies.

Sections
Shortcuts