Drury done...was it him PC was talking about

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Drury done...was it him PC was talking about

Was it Drury that was being considered? Seems doubtful. Regardless, the world-wide follower says he's done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about

My guess is Stillman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Doubt that Druy was considered with a bad wheel. He obviously didn't want to retire, but no team was willing to take a flyer on him so he's done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Chris Drury:

Little League World Champion - Check
    Play for storied college hockey program - Check
    NCAA Champion - Check
    Hobey Baker Award - Check
    Calder Trophy - Check
    Silver Medalist in Olympics - Check
    250 goals - Check
    600 points- Check
    Captaincy of 2 NHL franchises - Check
    Stanley Cup winner - Check.

Well Done, Sir! That is a great athletic career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great post SE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Could very well have been him, since he sometimes plays wing and he was obviously considering retirement.  Also, because of the injuries he's someone that you would only take on a tryout basis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Too bad he's a stinkin' Yankee fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Drury, for me, is one of those guys who I'd have loved to see in Boston - but only if he'd played for the Bruins his whole career.  I was never interested in seeing them acquire him - the moment passed, he was an Av then whatever.  There's a range of guys like this - guys who I'd like if they were career Bruins but, once they started somewhere else, I can maybe respect, maybe hate, but never want to be a Bruin.

Anyone got other guys for that list?  Shoulda been a Bruin but isn't?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I'm still hoping Stillman is the guy in question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about:
    [QUOTE]Drury, for me, is one of those guys who I'd have loved to see in Boston - but only if he'd played for the Bruins his whole career.  I was never interested in seeing them acquire him - the moment passed, he was an Av then whatever.  There's a range of guys like this - guys who I'd like if they were career Bruins but, once they started somewhere else, I can maybe respect, maybe hate, but never want to be a Bruin. Anyone got other guys for that list?  Shoulda been a Bruin but isn't?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

For some reason I feel that way about Brandon Dubinsky.  Not that we have any room at center, but he just strikes me as a player I wish the B's had.

I always felt that way about Keith Tkachuk.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Drury was always a player I was SURE the Bruins would draft. He was a star at BU and I thought we'd draft him.

I'd say that I would welcome Kessler to our team anyday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Dury's knee is not well...Why would anyone want him ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

See, Kesler - there's a guy that if they'd drafted him, I might like him.  Or if they'd acquired him before he was a 40 goal Selke guy.  Now?  He's a Canuck or a whatever, and he can eat it.  Dubinsky too.  Felt that way at one point about Tkachuk, but then meh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To Hades with Keith Tkachuk.  What a complete jerk.  If you sign a contract, you play it out.  He held Phoenix hostage more than once.

I used to hang out with (name withheld), so I would see Keith periodically.  He was just as much of a jerk as a person as he was in his role of 50 goal scorer, 200 PIM guy, 100% unethical.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Anyone got other guys for that list?  Shoulda been a Bruin but isn't?"

Jeremy Roenick is someone from the recent past that I wanted to see in a Bruins uniform for a long but at the time nobody wanted to come to Boston then put on the Orange n Black.

Currently ? Before he put on the toilet seat Brian Gionta so he would stop killing the Bruins. I hate the whittle midget because he's good!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, I don't know anything about Tkachuk personally or what type of guy he was. 

I just always liked the way he played.  Perhaps a jerk off the ice, but how do you play "unethical"?  I never thought he had a dirty reputation?

More explanation please, I'm curious?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I don't know anything about Tkachuk personally or what type of guy he was.  I just always liked the way he played.  Perhaps a jerk off the ice, but how do you play "unethical"?  I never thought he had a dirty reputation? More explanation please, I'm curious?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Twice he signed contracts that he refused to finish.  Anyone who holds out twice is unethical in my book.  Really, anyone who holds out once is, but twice is just absurd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about : Twice he signed contracts that he refused to finish.  Anyone who holds out twice is unethical in my book.  Really, anyone who holds out once is, but twice is just absurd.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. You must hate Wheeler too (for more than one reason I'm sure!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I tend to agree. You must hate Wheeler too (for more than one reason I'm sure!)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Wheeler refused to sign a contract.  Not being happy with what is offered is different than putting your name on a deal and then backing out...TWICE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drury done...was it him PC was talking about : Wheeler refused to sign a contract.  Not being happy with what is offered is different than putting your name on a deal and then backing out...TWICE.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Just curious NAS; but what was your take on Eric Lindros? I couldn't stand the punk for what he did. Not just to Quebec; but he did it to the Grey Hounds in JR as well. All because his father hated the french!

I'm with you on the KT subject as well. I liked his game until he pulled that stunt the 1st time. I have no respect for someone who re-nigs out of a signed deal! I think that shows lack of integrity & class!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I always wished for the following players to be a Bruin.

Tony Amonte
    Jay Pandolfo
    Cory Schneider
    Keith Yandle
    Scott Young
    Ryan Whitney
    Bob Carpenter
    Tom Barrasso

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I always wished Theo Fleury was a Bruin. The young Theo, not the old partier.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Speaking of not honoring contracts, didn't Adam Oates renege on a signed contract with the Blues ? If i remember correctly, thats how he became a Bruin ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The canucks have always been the team I cheered for in the West.
    Even so, I always thought, Stan Smyl, and Trevor Linden were born to wear the spoked B.
    More recently, I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Richards in the black & gold.