Dumb Question...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dumb Question...

This question is so outdated but I finally remembered to ask in in a hockey forum..

Why did the NHL after the last lockout decide to go with the home team wearing the dark jerseys? It's been how many years now, and I still don't like it. I know back in the old days teams originally wore the dark ones at home but changed it due to jersey cleaning issues on road trips...But does anyone know why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Dumb Question...

I recall reading a Shoalts story where he said it was done because the dark jerseys were far out selling the white jerseys, and the league figured if fans got to see the other 29 white jerseys each year it would increase sales.

Personally I enjoyed seeing all the differently coloured away jerseys and would like them to go back to that. Heck, I wouldn't have a poblem if they got rid of the white jerseys all together (though it could cause some problems for when the Stars play the Ducks or the Bruins play the Pens)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The reason that the colors were switched was for Television.  Apparently, because teams were often wearing their third, colored sweater during home games, there was inconsistency.  Sometimes white meant home, sometimes it was your third sweater and the white team was away.  They wanted white to always be away and color always to be home, so when you tuned in on TV you always knew which was which.  It was also said that since fans liked the dark sweater better, they should see the home team in it.  Regardless of the reason, I'm with you, I think white should be home and fans should get to see the different colors of the visiting teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hate it.  Every game in Boston is black vs. white.

I liked seeing the B's in white vs. Toronto blue or Detroit red or Montreal pink or NYR blue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Dumb Question...:
    I hate it.  Every game in Boston is black vs. white. I liked seeing the B's in white vs. Toronto blue or Detroit red or Montreal pink or NYR blue.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree 100%.I always  liked the idea of the home whites.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I like Home colors and away white--- its just like the NFL with the exception of the Cowboys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Bobby Orr flying through the air... in the classic black Bruins' jersey.  Thats what I want to see at home.

I can watch other teams' colors on DirecTV

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I liked seeing the white at home and the opposing teams' colors. The home team could roll out the 3rd jersey on special occasions. Maybe the NHL could get all crazy and have home whites every other year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bobby Orr flying through the air... in the classic black Bruins' jersey.  Thats what I want to see at home. I can watch other teams' colors on DirecTV
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

They won that cup on the road didn't they?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Dumb Question... : They won that cup on the road didn't they?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Noooo...that was at the GAHDEN!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why the face lift kelvana- trying to gain some credibility here? much improved photo, and a legitimate hockey question(not pro habs)-what gives?Especially the day of a b's/habs game?this whole thing makes me nervous...something stinks    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Dumb Question... : Noooo...that was at the GAHDEN!
    Posted by WalkTheLine

I always thought it was on the road since it was a 4-0 sweep.Thanks for straightening me out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Dumb Question... : I always thought it was on the road since it was a 4-0 sweep.Thanks for straightening me out.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I don't know why but the first 2 games were in St. Louis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

those pictures are called avatars? wasn't that a movie? just found your avatar changing post kelvana...peer pressure huh? ok- now you've got to tell all us bruin fans you did it for good mojo tonite, and your rooting for the b's to win. pulling for price while playing the b's, is rooting against the b's scorers and against the b's. don't be fooled by the avatar-curious timing(habs game tonite)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Dumb Question...:
    This question is so outdated but I finally remembered to ask in in a hockey forum.. Why did the NHL after the last lockout decide to go with the home team wearing the dark jerseys? It's been how many years now, and I still don't like it. I know back in the old days teams originally wore the dark ones at home but changed it due to jersey cleaning issues on road trips...But does anyone know why?
    Posted by kelvana33
    It's not a dumb question, I never thought to even ask it. Good call

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No peer pressure or looking for credibilty.
    I'm a goaltender,follwed price from his junior days. been a Bruins fan my whole life. I was a huge toivonen fan too, thats why his avatar is up there. Changed it well before Wednesdays game.

Us goalies are very complex people who deserve to be loved just like everyone else..I'm hate talking about myself, now lets get back to talking hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No peer pressure or looking for credibilty. I'm a goaltender,follwed price from his junior days. been a Bruins fan my whole life. I was a huge toivonen fan too, thats why his avatar is up there. Changed it well before Wednesdays game. Us goalies are very complex people who deserve to be loved just like everyone else..I'm hate talking about myself, now lets get back to talking hockey.
    Posted by kelvana33

And now you're a Bruins fan again.  For how long this time ?
    Now I get it why your nickname was RMiller !!!  LOL
    You're a goalie !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i like you better in black and gold kelvana. i know it's all in my head but you seem more credible as a poster with this avatar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm going to pull a Shot-Obsession here.
    Kelvana no comment on:

And now you're a Bruins fan again.  For how long this time ?
    Now I get it why your nickname was RMiller !!!  LOL
    You're a goalie !

Sections
Shortcuts