Dupont now a political commentator.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Dupont now a political commentator.

I agree, Dupont should stay out of politics in his column...

...just like you should stay out of politics here.

It's a hockey forum -- cry about your politicians elsewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...and Fletch for the win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYASO#7. Show JYASO#7's posts

Here's wishing that he would switch completely over to politics so I never have to read his cr@p again.  He already has the flip flopping on every subject down just like all polticians.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

He is probobly still trying to compensate for looking like such a moron during the playoffs this year!  Maybe his predictions in politics will be more accurate.  We all know he didnt take the Bruins to win a series! LOL Man it looked good on him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sports annoucers/columnists who speak of politics are "ego tripping at the gates of hell"! (Flamming Lips quote) If I wish to read of conservative views I will read George Will.  If I wish to read of liberal points of view I will read Gary Wills, but I will not read sports columnists who think they are on the political level as Winston Churchill!  OMG!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Oops! I saw the header for this thread and thought it was about Moose Dupont.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Anywone who wants to talk politics should go over to WEEI, including Trimont...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Dupont now a political commentator.:
    [QUOTE]Hey Kevin if you want to spout your liberal views do it on the editorial page not the sports pages . Lay off the Tea Party . You sound like that layabout Senator John Forbes Kerry of Louisburg Square, the Cape and Islands and Washington D.C. The good senator never saw a government program the real taxpayers couldnt afford to pay for . Oh Kevin did you get the invite to sail on jfk"s new sailboat ?
    Posted by Trimont[/QUOTE]

Take your political cr@p somewhere else.  This is a hockey forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

Dupes has always tossed a political bone or two in his columns, along with Ryan and Shaughnessy.  Is it in their Globe contracts?  They all think alike but yet they call it diversity...lol

He should be more concerned about his hockey writing skills...because he has lost about a yard off of his fastball (I'm not sure what the hockey equivalent would be).

Or dbg1, apparently they should read the Globe sports page.  Maybe you should direct your ire at the source, KPD.  It isn't just EEI that talks politicals.  I've heard Felger and Mazz rap politics on occasion.  Amazingly, Tony Mazz knows less about politics than he does about hockey.  Who knew?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Dupont now a political commentator.:
    [QUOTE]Dupes has always tossed a political bone or two in his columns, along with Ryan and Shaughnessy.  Is it in their Globe contracts?  They all think alike but yet they call it diversity...lol He should be more concerned about his hockey writing skills...because he has lost about a yard off of his fastball (I'm not sure what the hockey equivalent would be). Or dbg1, apparently they should read the Globe sports page.  Maybe you should direct your ire at the source, KPD.  It isn't just EEI that talks politicals.  I've heard Felger and Mazz rap politics on occasion.  Amazingly, Tony Mazz knows less about politics than he does about hockey.  Who knew?
    Posted by bostonguy67[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of guys make political references in sports articles and it is always annoying.  WEEI has been the flag ship for this though, as anyone who listens to D and C can attest to (far beyond anything I have seen in newspaper sports pages).  That station seems to encourage off-the-cuff societal rants and continuous political content.  I am not offended by what they say -- couldn't really care less what they think (and I am not liberal).  What is objectionable is: 1. that D & C, and KPD in this case, use their sports platform for personal opinions outside of sports, and 2. that they assume that their preaching and political opinions have some value to the audience.  Is there anyone more uninformed politically than sports personalities?  Almost without exception the comments are trite, bumper-sticker-type cliques, whether left or right.  Makes about as much sense as Menino discussing the left-wing lock.  Stick to what you know.

They are tons of political radio stations and tons of political internet forums.  If that is what we wanted, we would be there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont know how anyone actually reads him to begin with.  He is a complete know-nothing moron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

At least in sports there's someone to root for, unlike politics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dupont now a political commentator. : I think a lot of guys make political references in sports articles and it is always annoying.  WEEI has been the flag ship for this though, as anyone who listens to D and C can attest to (far beyond anything I have seen in newspaper sports pages).  That station seems to encourage off-the-cuff societal rants and continuous political content.  I am not offended by what they say -- couldn't really care less what they think (and I am not liberal).  What is objectionable is: 1. that D & C, and KPD in this case, use their sports platform for personal opinions outside of sports, and 2. that they assume that their preaching and political opinions have some value to the audience.  Is there anyone more uninformed politically than sports personalities?  Almost without exception the comments are trite, bumper-sticker-type cliques, whether left or right.  Makes about as much sense as Menino discussing the left-wing lock.  Stick to what you know. They are tons of political radio stations and tons of political internet forums.  If that is what we wanted, we would be there.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Nice post Fletch!  Sports reflect the society as a whole in North America at least.  The ego trippers in the media do seem to lose perspective that sports in general is not a deep subject philosophically.  Sports is escapism from the realities of the world, so these "meida" types need to gain focus in the morning mirror as they wake each and every day like we all do!  Cheers!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I dont know how anyone actually reads him to begin with.  He is a complete know-nothing moron.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

If he knows nothing, how did he get into the Hall of Fame?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dupont now a political commentator.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dupont now a political commentator. : If he knows nothing, how did he get into the Hall of Fame? Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Fellow writers "Professional Hockey Writers' Association" put him in not impressed. Put "HOF Writer" next to Jim Murray's name, along with his Pulitzer, that is acceptable IMO.

I like KPD but to say he is great because some fellow writers say he is, not buying it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If KPD can be in the HHOF, but Stephen Brunt and Bob McKenzie aren't, something is seriously wrong with the voting system. That would be like Bernie Federko being in the Hall and no Sergei Makarov or Rogie Vachon... oh, wait.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dupont now a political commentator. : Fellow writers "Professional Hockey Writers' Association" put him in not impressed. Put "HOF Writer" next to Jim Murray's name, along with his Pulitzer, that is acceptable IMO. I like KPD but to say he is great because some fellow writers say he is, not buying it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If viewed in context, I'm going to guess they wouldn't have said so if he was a "know-nothing".