Dupont Speaks Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Dupont Speaks Up

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Dupont-Bruins-dont-have-a-bonafide-No-1-?blockID=581964&feedID=3944

Your thoughts...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Dupont Speaks Up

Holy crap, will that guy ever shut up?  He's a complete idiot.  He only looks at height and not how good a player is.  He could have Gretzky, Yzerman, Crosby and Sakic as his 4 centers and he would say they aren't tall enough to win.  Most elite centers are not big.  Some are, but you can't measure value in feet and inches when it comes to hockey.  The Bruins' centers are plenty good enough, they've already proven it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Dupont Speaks Up:
    [QUOTE]http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Dupont-Bruins-dont-have-a-bonafide-No-1-?blockID=581964&feedID=3944 Your thoughts...
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    Mac, I read that earlier for a laugh. Dupont is still trying to come up with reasons the Bruins shouldn't have won the Cup. It's as if he thinks he can still maintain some dignity after picking the Bruins to lose in all 4 rounds last year. Vancouver has a #1 center with Sedin. How did that work when stacked up against Boston's 3 pronged attack?  I especially liked his comment about the Bruins wanting a #1 center who's 6'4 and 220. There are only 6 teams in the league who feature players that fall under those parameters. Obviously most teams would prefer to get a huge center that can really play. He might as well have said Boston could use another 6'6"  two-way D-man.

Getzlaf
    E. Staal
    Kopitar
    J. Staal (better than the #1 on many teams)
    Thornton

Lecavalier

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

KPD is out of touch. its been that way for a long time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

KPD should stick with basketball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Of course we would like to have another big finisher but to diminish our centers is ridiculous and with swing in the new lines I think we will see better results coming up. Still want a little more fight but as far as I can see we have some good depth at center. Thanks for all the good analysis guys. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Both KPD [who I find interesting at times] and Fluto [ I think he's in the wrong job] do not provide as much insight as opther, more knowledgeable writers like Jesse Connolly, and even Kalman. This Bruins team is strong down the middle with very capable centers Kelly, Kreji, Bergeron, and Campbell plus the emergence of Seguin, and fill ins like Peverly. Even Hamill is better than second tier centers on a number of teams. It would be nice to find an Esposito, but Phil couldn't skate with the pace of today's game. Even Malkin is better on the wing than at center. Who are the best hockey writers in your mind ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I was reading  a piece in The Hockey News on Jeff Carter. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson was talking about how hard it is to trade for a #1 center . He said before Philly traded Mike Richards ( even though he's a #2 behind Kopitar ) to L.A. and they acquired Jeff Carter , Brad Richards was the last #1 center to be acquired in a trade ..............4 years ago to Dallas ( unless you consider Scott Gomez a #1 center . I don't ). And before Richards there was a guy named Thornton who plays center traded. in 05'.  It goes to show that teams are hanging onto their top centers and not trading them for the most part.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

On another note I used to really like the info that KPD provided in his weekend columns in the past. Now that I see him giving more of his own opinions on topics I really don't think this guy is smart at all when it comes to hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My impression of the Sunday Hockey Notes is that they've lost something as KPD has stepped aside and let Fluto cover the majority of the games.  There's a buy in involved in being a day to day guy that really informs the analysis - if the beat writer is at all analytical.  MANY are not.  Fluto isn't - at least, I don't find there's much depth to what he writes, and lately his updates have consisted of nothing but descriptions of goals (I exaggerate).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Dupont-Bruins-dont-have-a-bonafide-No-1-?blockID=581964&feedID=3944 Your thoughts...
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Dupont is an idiot.  Enough said.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Weird, for years Dupont in his Sunday hockey notes column used to hammer Thornton and Lindros every chance he got.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This thought also crossed my mind. But he does love Lecavalier and would like the Bruins to take on his massive contract even though Vincent was outplayed by the Bruins guys who are too small to compete.

In Response to Re: Dupont Speaks Up:
    [QUOTE]Weird, for years Dupont in his Sunday hockey notes column used to hammer Thornton and Lindros every chance he got.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Dupont Speaks Up:
    [QUOTE]Both KPD [who I find interesting at times] and Fluto [ I think he's in the wrong job] do not provide as much insight as opther, more knowledgeable writers like Jesse Connolly, and even Kalman. This Bruins team is strong down the middle with very capable centers Kelly, Kreji, Bergeron, and Campbell plus the emergence of Seguin, and fill ins like Peverly. Even Hamill is better than second tier centers on a number of teams. It would be nice to find an Esposito, but Phil couldn't skate with the pace of today's game. Even Malkin is better on the wing than at center. Who are the best hockey writers in your mind ?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Bogie, I don't have a favorite hockey writer but I do like this site for all of my sports columns/rumors. The site does a nice job of breaking down rumors and whatnot from every major news source in North America.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 1/4/2010
    Last: 10/25/2011

Dupont is an idiot.  Enough said.
    I second that thought!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Arrogant horse's a$$ is what KPD is.

He still blames Joe Thornton for every Bruins loss since they drafted him, and even if SJ wins the Cup and Thornton scores a hat trick plus the game winner in OT KPD will say he lacks "heart".

This guy is the hockey equivalent of Shaunessey.....he actually hates the team he covers and would rather write about them losing than winning so he can make cheap snide remarks about the players he blames (never management--always the players.)

Anything he says regarding the Bruins should be discounted summarliy out of hand.

He's a hack, pure and simple.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When KPD isn't his usual ornery self readers of the weekend "Hockey Notes" get on his case for "mailing it in". Then when he criticizes PC and the Bruins he's an idiot.

I think he is a decent enough writer when I compare him to other writers around North America. I disagree with KPDs opinions quite a bit and if I weren't then Kevin wouldn't be doing his job.

When he stuck up for Marc Savard in print and on NHL radio it was pretty cool, not too many accused him of being an idiot. I'm pretty much in the same opinion of when Gammons stopped doing the Sunday Baseball notes on Sundays someone stepped in and did just fine, so I won't miss KPD.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wouldn't put Dupont in the same league as Gammons, nor would I put Gammons replacement there.

KPD, not sure what Thornton or Lindros ever did to ruffle his feathers but he consistenltly hammered them. Larry Brooks does the same with Torterella. Good writers don't use print to solve personal vendettas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I have found Haggerty to be interesting reading on New England Comcast Website. He is not as flashy a writer but he makes some good points and a fair amount of contreversial ones as well. I don't always agree with him but I think he has relevent information. The Globe seems to be slipping sometimes on keeping this relevent and up to date. As far as centers go we will see PC try to keep them all as someone wise just said before me and if he needs to go after a seasoned winger with potential utility to fill in as center. The fourth line has to start producing and I read that from Haggerty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I didn't compare them as competing writers but they both are in their respective Hall of Fame's. I also consider Kurkjian and Olney better writers than Gammons, so it's a matter of opinion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Here is some of Haggerty Handywork

for your sampling

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Speaking of Interesting stuff to read:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

KPD is right with his comments. Seguin has played wing most of his career and hasn't yet shown he's a 1A center. Give him time and yes he could be a front line center, but no sense giving him that label after 10 games. Krejci needs to show more before he can be deemed a 1A center. And his constant railing against Thornton is also right on-- Jumbo Joe has been the leader of two franchises yet hasn't done squat in his career.

The complaints about the Sunday notes column are laughable. KPD is easily one of the most recognizable and better national hockey writers in the game-- it's not his job to cover Bs games on a nightly basis. I'll take the Globe's hockey writers over anything that the lame Herald has to offer or even Kalman. Only rival is the guys at the New England Hockey Journal locally or Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal.

KPD's been around long enough. I don't think he's too worried about a small number of people complaining about him on these boards.

Sections
Shortcuts