Dust has mostly settled - who ya got in the East?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Dust has mostly settled - who ya got in the East?

I'll submit a partial list.

1. Washington lots & lots to prove
    2. Pittsburgh  health makes a big difference
    3. Boston  slow and steady wins the race

playoff or non playoff? Philadelphia - possible non playoff, a lot depends on Jagr and their other wild cards.

playoff or non playoff? Toronto - it all depends on Rheimer 100%

Florida - I think naming them the Nordiques is the only way to go, there's no other name that would work in Quebec city.  I can't imagine any debate on that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

This thread is one of the best of the summer btw!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Anyone see the Det/Pho game replayed on NHL Network last night?

My memory was not deceiving me.

Flyers' fans should be concerned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks Asmaha for the old link:  It remains the same for me:

First: 1/13/2006
    Last: 10/4/2011
    For what it is worth:

Pittsburgh- Healthy talent that won't be denied!
    Washington- Much improved with Ovie still hungry!
    Boston- Emerging youth will be out to prove the pundits wrong! It was not a fluke. 
    Montreal- Price will be a force, Subban will have some others to work with on defense.
    Tampa- Too old in goal, otherwise forwards will force the top teams.  
    Philadelphia- Too many changes, how do they always become media darlings even after so many changes!??
    Carolina- Personal favorite could fall from grace if NJ stirs. 
    Buffalo- Great goalie and nice off season moves. Ah decent ownership!
    NY Rangers- Great goalie and Richards with a team praying for ties.
    New Jersey- Marty, can he do a Thomas? Pretty decent team still! 
    Toronto- Flat lined again after last year's promise. 
    Winnepeg- Change in venue shine then dull in the finish like last year. 
    Ottawa- Rebuilding with some remaining talent.
    NY Islanders- Young talent may start gelling, goaltending yikes???
    Florida- Quebec?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this is a tough one...i've given it a lot of thought, and have sacrificed numerous nights of good sleep in the process. i've crunched the numbers, considered the salary cap space of each team, and accounted for possible injuries. after hours of endless contemplation... it became clear who the 2011-12 stanley cup champ will be. THE BOSTON BRUINS. duh 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

In Response to Re: Dust has mostly settled - who ya got in the East?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dust has mostly settled - who ya got in the East? : RHO, I have Philly slipping also. Goaltending got better but now up front has the question marks. I don't know about an old Jagr and a bunch of kids who haven't played a whole lot in the NHL replacing Richards and Carter. Big makeover for them up front. It'll be interesting to see how the forwards gel together. Right now it's kind of the unknown if you're a Flyers fan.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Philly is going to be a more consistent team and potentially a very dangerous playoff team. Sometimes losing the skill and replacing it with will is an improvement. And Jagr is going to crush the PP, he is a lock for @55pts with potential to be more around the 70pt mark, he and Giroux have looked dangerous with JvR on the opposite wing.

Pens are waaaaaay overrated, Crosby is done for the season, seriously doubt they are bringing him back, but 110pts is a joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]To many people taking to much away from philly.. They gave up some up front, but player growth from giroux, and JVR will make up for a lot of that, adding the winger out of columbus, 2 players from the kings, they should still be a dangerous offense with improved goal tending.. The bruins wont have more points then last season I don't think, stanley cup hang over.. They will need a lot of growth out of seguin to improve on last years numbers cause there is just no way thomas can repeat his 20-5 start he had last year...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Also the return of Pronger, plus the addition of Simmonds and Voracek on the wings strengthen them on the boards where they were weak last season. The 2010 Flyers were S-O-F-T, they added some impact players and a couple of sleepers in Read and Rinaldo who have earned spots on the opening night roster.

I do question how far the Bruins get this season, they really peaked last season at the right time. They will still be dangerous, but Bruins fans should expect a lull in their play after October into December.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dust has mostly settled - who ya got in the East? : Okay I'll bite. 1. Washington--2012 Cup Champs-huge year Ovechkin/Vokoun 2. Pittsburgh 3. Boston 4. Rangers--Lundqvist= Vezina  5. Montreal 6. Tampa Bay 7. Carolina 8. Islanders--all that young talent starts to gel & healthy Dipietro 9. Philadelphia- good team that made bad trades 10. New Jersey 11. Buffalo 12. Toronto-- James Reimer= overrated 13. Ottawa 14. Winnipeg 15  Florida--why bother?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Question for you. Why do you think trading Richards for Schenn and Simmonds as well as Carter for Voracek and the #8 pick in Couturier(who just an FYI was ranked #1 or #2 before getting mono last season) is a bad trade?

Was moving Joe Thornton a bad move? Unpopular by many standards of those who did not see that Jumbo Joe was more of a stat guy than a core team guy and rarely showed up in the playoffs as a winner. IMO Philly addressed several needs(size on the RW, JvR/Jagr-Hartnell/Voracek, and Simmonds) and gave the locker room floor to a proven leader in Pronger instead of a spoiled 20-something who was trying to get the coach fired because his expectations of the palyers was higher than the players themselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Let's get back to some hockey talk... bump...