Dustin Penner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Dustin Penner

Why would Savard want to go to Edmonton, if that is what you are suggesting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

does he has a no trade on his contract ??

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

How about Wheeler and a second rounder for him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

talks here in Montreal on radio (CKAC) that Montreal is trying to get Penner...lets get him before them

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Ryder, Hamil and a 2nd rounder. Salaries match.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nobody wants to go to Edmonton, Penner is terribly expensive, and for God's sake why on earth would Edmonton want Ryder or Hamill??  The idea of dumping salary is mainly predicated on...dumping salary.  Why would Edmonton dump Penner's salary just to take Ryder's salary back?  This makes no sense.

Further, the Bruins need a winger with speed and a shot, not another big slow checking type center (I understand Penner can score from in front, but we have that dynamic already in Lucic, Horton, Recchi).

Penner is a nice player but way too expensive.  The Bruins don't have the cap room and the Oilers don't want salary back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I read the Edmonton papers, and from what I've read the Oilers are not dealing Penner. They have too many smallish forwards and need his size up front. You can't trade with a team if they don't want to trade the player you want. At least I think it works that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I have the same problem w/Penner as I do w/Matt Moulson--even tho' I like both players and think they would be miles better than Ryder or Wheeler, they don't fill the Bruins' main need on offense and that's a SPEEDY winger who can score in bunches--essentially they need the Tyler Seguin of 1-2 years from now, but Penner and Moulson are both Horton prototypes and we have enough of those. Plus I can't see Ryder or Wheeler making other teams salivate. The only thing that night is Toronto's draft pick plus Wheeler + a promising rookie player like Caron. No one wants Ryder's contract.

The B's lack the speed to pin other teams in their own zones and creating cycles/scoring chances. Yes, it was marvelous to see such things against Carolina, but in a 7-game series v. Philly ot Pitt. or Wash.? Come on.

They're doing all the right things in piling up pts, now and winning games--I'm not complaining....but I am looking realistically fwd. to the playoffs when speed and goal scoring are going to be key.

Who is they guy they need, and what team would be willing to let him go? You got me on that one. But I sure would love to see a Martin. St. Louis type of guy come here rather than another slow-footed big winger who's going to get danced around by speedier opponents and will be too slow to the net to make a difference in a tight 7game series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why would Edmonton want to move Penner?

Fletch:  At $4.25M, I'd say he's priced properly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I keep proposing my deal. 
    Penner/Cogliano 3rd round pick
    for
    Krejci/Wheeler

Helps both teams now.  And Stanley.  Penner gets PK time in Edmonton and is a solid 2 way fwd for them.  This he doesnt care bit is tired.  Just b/c he doesnt fight doesnt mean he doesnt try.  He came to Hall's aid the other game and would kick start our PP.  AND he would be a legit front line winger.
    Savy/Horton/Penner
    Bergie/Lucic/Marchand
    Cogliano/Seguin/Recchi
    Campy/Thorton/Ryder

Love It.  But I can dream on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This is a good idea, too. Penner is 4.25 million.  Similar to that of Stillman's in Florida.

Unload Wheeler and a pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

The bruins shouldn't make any trades in my opinion. Deadline trades almost never work out, this team needs to be given more time,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Edmonton is in rebuild, they would be looking for prospects/draft picks..

Wheelers on a 1 year deal, they wouldnt be interested in him either.. You want to be realistic, look at bostons top prospects, and start there...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Dustin Penner:
    [QUOTE]Why would Edmonton want to move Penner? Fletch:  At $4.25M, I'd say he's priced properly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Really??

$4.25 million for a guy who has averaged right around 50 points a season for the past three seasons, while playing on the top line and top PP line, is not very good bang for the buck.  He has also regularly been called out by Oilers coaches for being lazy and inconsistent.

Michael Ryder (who everyone agrees is overpaid at $4 million) has averaged 47 points over the last three seasons, while often on the 3rd line.

Mark Recchi has just as many points as Penner this year, playing a lot less minutes, and makes $1.9 million.

$4.25 million is way too much for Penner.  Ryder is a better value...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Dustin Penner:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dustin Penner : Really?? $4.25 million for a guy who has averaged right around 50 points a season for the past three seasons, while playing on the top line and top PP line, is not very good bang for the buck.  He has also regularly been called out by Oilers coaches for being lazy and inconsistent.   Michael Ryder (who everyone agrees is overpaid at $4 million) has averaged 47 points over the last three seasons, while often on the 3rd line.   Mark Recchi has just as many points as Penner this year, playing a lot less minutes, and makes $1.9 million. $4.25 million is way too much for Penner.  Ryder is a better value...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

exactly