EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover

Every year the newest edition of EA SPORTS NHL puts a pic of the cup champs on the cover, not this year!
    guess were NHL division of Ea sports is located, that's right good old Vancouver.
    Haters, but i hear there's a new feature where you can now bite fingers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover

if i remember correctly thats not true... the hawks have had the cover twice in the past 4 years? from what i remember they only have one cup...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Incorrect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't remember a team pic on any cover. Nas recently put up a list of who was on the cover since 1994 for one of our friendly discussions about the same topic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

who cares?     BRUINS ARE THE CHAMPS!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Would you rather be praised or hated/ considered the underdog?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

In Response to Re: EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover:
    [QUOTE]I don't remember a team pic on any cover. Nas recently put up a list of who was on the cover since 1994 for one of our friendly discussions about the same topic.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

My bad. yeah I guess I jumped befored i looked,lol.
    missed that thread also, But it's still a pretty big diss im my opinion.
    First stanley cup in 39 years and they put stamkos on the cover, come on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]who cares?     BRUINS ARE THE CHAMPS!!!
    Posted by mrbruin4[/QUOTE]

exactly why i thought we deserved to have a cover shot? we are champs, and i want all the gravy the comes with it. last time the bruins won the cup i was 6months old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Alex Ovechkin was on it...I was unaware he won a cup?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]Would you rather be praised or hated/ considered the underdog?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

both i guess, we have been bashed for so many years it would be great to get some respect, especially from all my punka$$ friends.
    although the bruins always seem to play better when they are considered the underdog but unless it's from another nhl team that shouldnt matter too much right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

that cover is a jinx.  let them have it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover : My bad. yeah I guess I jumped befored i looked,lol. missed that thread also, But it's still a pretty big diss im my opinion. First stanley cup in 39 years and they put stamkos on the cover, come on.
    Posted by sclifton-4-freespeech[/QUOTE]

Considering there is no history of honoring the champs, there is no slight, no diss, no disrespect, no nothing.

They put a young, exciting goal scorer on the cover.  Is there a player on Boston that you could call "exciting"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover : Considering there is no history of honoring the champs, there is no slight, no diss, no disrespect, no nothing. They put a young, exciting goal scorer on the cover.  Is there a player on Boston that you could call "exciting"?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agree with you NAS but I disagree with the last sentence. If you don't think Thomas was exciting to watch all season long + playoff run, you should be checking for a pulse!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Mrbruin4 has taken the word right off of my keyboard but I will reiterate...Who cares? The Bruins are ths Stanley Cup Champs!

NAS, not that it really matters but there are numerous players on the Bruins that can be considered exciting, you can start with Seguin, Lucic, Horton, Krecji, Marchand (Marshmont) to name a few. Better check for that pulse if you are not seeing it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Mrbruin4 has taken the word right off of my keyboard but I will reiterate...Who cares? The Bruins are ths Stanley Cup Champs! NAS, not that it really matters but there are numerous players on the Bruins that can be considered exciting, you can start with Seguin, Lucic, Horton, Krecji, Marchand (Marshmont) to name a few. Better check for that pulse if you are not seeing it.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Krejci is as exciting as a bag of sand!

Sure, those players could be considered exciting, but they aren't overall like a superstar goal scorer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

NAS I also think those players don't measure up to the individual skill set of Stamkos. But I think TT should have been awarded the cover. Best season and post-season run of any goalie in modern history. I think that quilifies as exciting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS I also think those players don't measure up to the individual skill set of Stamkos. But I think TT should have been awarded the cover. Best season and post-season run of any goalie in modern history. I think that quilifies as exciting.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

It's not something that is awarded!  It's a game cover and the person on it is selected by marketing people. 

"Wow, this kid Stamkos bring people to their feet with those slick moves and that filthy shot.  95 goals in two years and he's only been in the league for three?  The kid is electric!"

"Yeah, but Mike.  Tim Thomas stops a lot of pucks and does so in a strange and bewildering fashion.  No one has stopped a higher percentage of shots in one season as Thomas.  No one!"

"Get me the agent for Stamkos."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover : It's not something that is awarded!  It's a game cover and the person on it is selected by marketing people.  "Wow, this kid Stamkos bring people to their feet with those slick moves and that filthy shot.  95 goals in two years and he's only been in the league for three?  The kid is electric!" "Yeah, but Mike.  Tim Thomas stops a lot of pucks and does so in a strange and bewildering fashion.  No one has stopped a higher percentage of shots in one season as Thomas.  No one!" "Get me the agent for Stamkos."

Or....

But Mike, TT just showed all the kids (the primary market for this game we are marketing) that if you keep working hard towards your goal, you can achieve anything. Everybody knows TT's story and after a season like that, there's no way it should be given to anyone else.

You got me John! TT it is!

Or at least that's how I think it should have happened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Like most of you, I'm biased and think TT should grace the cover of the game, however I understand why they went with Stamkos. No big deal, i'll still buy it, i would have bought the poster and framed it had it been TT, not sure how many poster orders EA will be getting from Florida.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just curous, but has a keeper ever been on the cover?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EA Sports disses Bruins on Cover : Considering there is no history of honoring the champs, there is no slight, no diss, no disrespect, no nothing. They put a young, exciting goal scorer on the cover.  Is there a player on Boston that you could call "exciting"?

i see your point and from marketing perspective you might be right, although i wouldn't call the leading scorrer in the playoffs exciting as a bag of sand.
    If i were to choose a player from the bruins to be on the cover that i find exciting it would probably be Chara because "most people dont understand  everything he does".lol... right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Just curous, but has a keeper ever been on the cover?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, based on what I found on Wikipedia, goalies have already been on the cover for either the worldwide launch or a regional launch. The likes of Mike Richter, Andy Moog, Kirk McLean, John Vanbiesbrouck & Henrik Lundqvist have all been on the covers in the past. Granted, this link shows the players featured since 1991, prior to the mainstream video game consoles we know today even existed. But Lundqvist was a regional launch in 2007.

Maybe it's just me but I just figured no goalie had a season like TT did in the past 10 years. If you're EA Sports and you're ever going to put a goalie on the cover, I think now would have been the perfect time!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas should have been on the cover no questions asked

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I still can't believe the Bruins won the Cup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Something else to consider:

When did they start the negotiations to put Stamkos on the cover? 

It might have been in February. We don't know.  All of the paperwork, negotiating, preparing, selecting might take a while.

Sections
Shortcuts