EA Sports / NHL 12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

EA Sports / NHL 12

Just thought some of you would find this interesting:

The new EA Sports NHL 12 video game came out recently. EA usually does a very good job with this game, and the gameplay this year is no exception, as it is excellent.

However, listen to this. I'm playing a game with the Bruins last night, and the announcer starts talking about the tradition of the Bruins, and the other announcer asks him, "Are the Bruins back?". Here is his reply:

"Well, they're headed in the right direction, but when you haven't won a cup since 1972, it makes it kind of tough."

Ummmm......how do you release a game (every year), and not only do you not acknowledge the Bruins for winning the cup last year (at least not yet in the six games I've played with them), but on top of that, you actually make a false statement about how it's been 40 years......

Wow! Way to go EA Sports!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: EA Sports / NHL 12

FINALLY a great informative post!!! Got it last night yet to play it,(working OT) i'm guessing the snub is due to the fact the EA headquarters is in Vancouver. Add that to the fact that there was no bruin on the cover and we have ourselves quite the conspiracy here!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Im not sure why people are up in arms about a non-Bruin being on the cover. They usually just pick a marketable star and not a reigning Stanley Cup Champ. That quote has been in NHL for the past couple of seasons, I think theyre just lazy about things like updating the audio.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I don't really care about the cover. I mean, it would have been cool to see Timmy on there, but I can understand them using Stamkos. I actually became a fan of him when he came back in game 7 after having his nose shattered by the shot in the face.

And I don't think it's a big conspiracy against the Bruins as much as it is EA Sports half-a$$ing it once again. I also have Madden, and the announcers in that game are pretty awful as well.

Just for a product that is usually so good, that's a pretty big oversight and absolutely takes away from the game, in my opinion. At least for me (a life-long Bruins fan) it does. You would think that, since we won the cup, they would be smart enough to at least take that soundbite out of the game.

I mean...c'mon EA. I've yet to see any acknowledgement of the Bruins winning the cup. Has anyone else heard something? In every other sports game I've ever played, they ALWAYS acknowledge the champ from the previous year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Oh, and for the record.....I own it for the ps3 and my username is tmot75. Send me a friend invite if you want to get a game going, or start a club for the online league!

What...did you think I wasnt' still going to play the game because of the sound gaff? Pfft.....nonsense! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think you can forgive all of that stuff if they got the rankings right...

Oh but wait, they didn't...

Most of them are good except a little guy named Tim Thomas...

After having the best season a goalie has ever had, he is ranked a frigging 89...

Luongo's like a 92 and Tim Thomas is an 89...

I love the NHL franchise/games but they got this one very very wrong...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

ea sports messed up plane and simple and timmy thomas should be rated a 99.9 lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

what do they have Seguin ranked? Something like a 78 w/ A potential last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Seguin was like an 81 with A potential in the demo. Pretty beastly prospect for BAGM mode.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Ya Seguin is an 81 I think and Taylor Hall is either an 81 or an 82...

Bergy, Krejci, and Looch are all 87 I think and Marchand is an 84 I believe...

Sections
Shortcuts