Early 7th player award prediction

Brad Marchand. No-brainer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Early 7th player award prediction

Case closed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Marchand def. the front runner.

2nd choice I'm tied between Bergy and Timmy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

That was a quick thread!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Early 7th player award prediction:
    Marchand def. the front runner. 2nd choice I'm tied between Bergy and Timmy.
    Posted by FinnsWake

No doubt TT and Bergeron have gone above and beyond expectations also.Marchand has it sewn up though(desrvedly).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

MARCHAND

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

TT, but it really should be Marchand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

What is a 7th player award and how do you get recognized for it?  I don't think I've ever heard of that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

My understanding LRH and someone can correct me if I'm wrong its the award the Bruins hand out at the end of each season to the player the exceeds expectations.

last year it was awarded to Rask for his stellar season. In 2009 it was awarded to Krejci for his improved play when Savard went down with injury after the trade deadline. In 2008 it went to Thomas after out dueling Manny Fernadez for starting goalie. Beyond that I'd have to do some research

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i don't even think they're gonna bother counting the votes this year. MARCHAND.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think Bergeron and TT both have to receive serous consideration.  I hate when it goes to the star player, everyone expected to produce, but I don't think anyone was expecting star like performances out of these guys.  After serious consideration, I think that it comes down to TT and Marchand.  The difference being voter's preference for what the award should represent.  But my question is how does someone come in with the expectation of being a declining backup goaltender put up Vezina type numbers, some even say Hart numbers, and not win the 7th player award on his own team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I found this article which gives some background on the award.

http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/cj-shepard/13516/

I couldn't find a complete list of all the winners, but I know Thomas has won it multiple times, Lucic won it his rookie year, and Bergeron won it early in his career as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

At the half way point, I think Thornton was in the lead by a nose but his numbers have hit the wall (not his game), while Marchand has clearly put the pedal to the metal.  Marchand by 5 lengths!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Slam dunk Marchand.  Tim won a Vezina 2 years ago, so his great play is not a surprise.

Campbell would be the second choice, in my opinion. He's player arguably better in some ways than Horton, but it's clearly Marchand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Even though Thomas has obviously rebounded to have a phenomonal Vezina caliber campaign, I find it hard to give it to him, and even Bergeron to a lesser extent.  Difficult to consider a $5M and $4M player respectively.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Has to be Marchand.

In addition to being about the guy who has exceeded expectations, it is also supposed to be someone outside of the top six (...7th man).  So, Savard, Chara, Thomas, etc. really shouldn't ever win it, because it is not an MVP award, it is an award for exactly the type of thing Marchand has done this year.

There just can't be a better candidate than Marchand this year.  He fits it to a T.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

not even open for consideration.
    end thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The fans vote for the player goes above & beyond expectations.  Brad Marchand came into the league last yr, played 20 games & didn't always look like the same guy that played for team Canada in the WJr's.

TT- even though his stats are better then anyone expected, he's still a former vezina winner & has put up decent to great stats thru out his career. Having said that. Marchands turn around was far least expected than what Thomas's season has been.

Marchand SHOULD win if the fans vote properly, but there's been times before that the reward went to the most popular.

For instance in 01 & 02 the award went to Billy Guerin. Which in all honesty- his stats were expected. A lot of people complained when Neely won it in 94', but in that season the expectations of Cam playing in 50 games that year was an accomplishment in itself to be award worthy! Let alone the 50 goals in 44 games.

I think as long as the fans realize the "true" meaning of the award. Marchand will win it. Orr, Bourque , Bucyk, Cheevers or Espo never won it, so the fans for the most part GET IT!

Ed Westfall, Mike Knumble, Randy Burridge, Gary Doak. last year Rask came out of no where & saved the B's to make the play-offs!

I do have to say though that a few honorable mentions need to go out to 2 other players, that could've won it last yr as co-winners, but as mentioned Rask's emergence took care of that. I think Mark Recchi & Bergeron deserve some votes here. Both career's should be over, but BOTH help describe what it is to be a Bruin. Not in the fighting & rough sense, but in the hard work & determination sense! Both of these guys are put into most critical situations & it's because of their talents & character that makes them trusted enough to do. Rex maybe 43, but his work ethic is one of 23 still trying to make a name for himself. Bergy's production may not be where we all hoped it would be, but to come back & be the player that he is & considered one of the elite all-around players in the league is something that shouldn't be over-looked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Good points about Recchi.  At 43 he is long past his prime, but for what he's brought night in and night out, leadership, charachter and productivity, he should be in the mix.  How do you not love this guy.  With that being said I hope he retires after this year and should!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Early 7th player award prediction:
    Good points about Recchi.  At 43 he is long past his prime, but for what he's brought night in and night out, leadership, charachter and productivity, he should be in the mix.  How do you not love this guy.  With that being said I hope he retires after this year and should!
    Posted by CamOJonasink

Ya know what? I wouldn't have a problem keeping him as a fill-in, or as a player coach if he wanted to! For this guy to still be in the 40-50 pt range & making a 1 mill plus bonuses? There's far worse the B's could do! Like sign Ryder to another 4 million!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

Basically Marchand has the seventh player award by a wide margin,but Greg Campbell  deserves at least a honorable mention as few expected him to be the big contributor that he has been this year. His willingness to  battle has been a big boost to the team on more than one occasion and  has helped lead to more than one victory this year. Mark Recchi is one amazing player and his Stanley cup experience is a much needed ingredient to the Bruins chances for a cup. At his relatively  moderate salary level and contributing  a projected 50 to 60 points this year,that  places him easily among the top 5 Bruins scorers and a bonafide bargain  no matter how you look at it. The Bruins would do well to resign him as he still has much to offer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Phil Kessel for leaving in order to make the bruins better!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

marchand 1 campbell 2things campbell brings to the team engry grit toughness sticks up for his teamates plays good defense but my guess is marchy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from deano2324. Show deano2324's posts

Milan

Sections
Shortcuts