Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

It seems like Spooner has some legitimate potential to be a good top-6 forward. Same with Khochlachev.

Who does everyone else think might have the ability to be the next Marchand type of guy? The one who wasn't a big draft pick out of the gate, but rounded into form? Seems like it could be Camara, to me. What a great deal that would be. If he's developing NHL hands and speed, then it sounds as though he's Paille who will drop the mitts at worst. I'm curious to see what he's got. I'm hoping he and Khochlachev can get up to Providence soon so that I can see them play. I'll probably have to catch them in Manchester or Portland, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

2012-13 Eastern Conference Coaches Poll Results:

Most Improved Player

1. Scott Sabourin, Oshawa Generals (30)
    2. Anthony Camara, Barrie Colts (24)
    3. Mathew Campagna

Best Body Checker

1. Zach Bell, Brampton Battalion (23)
    2. Boone Jenner, Oshawa Generals (21)
    3. Anthony Camara, Barrie Colts (20) –finished tied for second in 2011-12 and first in West voting in 2010-11

Best Puck Handling Goalie

1. Malcolm Subban, Belleville Bulls (25) – tied for third in voting in 2011-12
    2. Matej Machovsky, Brampton Battalion tied Frank Palazzese, Sudbury Wolves (17)

Best Shootout Goalie

1. Malcolm Subban, Belleville Bulls (36) – finished first in voting in 2011-12
    2. Mathias Niederberger, Barrie Colts (27)
    3. Matej Machovsky, Brampton Battalion (7)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That Camara kid can skate!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chowdah how does Cody Payne fair in all of this ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

That Camara kid can skate!

If you were sitting beside me in the arena on Sunday this is exactly what you 'd be saying. I know I did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Anyone have a link to Camara highlights that aren't fights or the check in the WJC?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Camara signed to entry level contract.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/14/bruins-sign-forward-anthony-camara-to-entry-level-contract/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

He is playing in a secondary role for Plymouth this year. Next year let's see how he handles a bigger role.

I'm not that thrilled with his inactivity around the puck when he's on the ice. Of course I've seen him the least of all the prospects though. Smallest sample size of all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Anyone have a link to Camara highlights that aren't fights or the check in the WJC?  

http://www.barriecolts.com/video/index

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to MeanE's comment:

http://www.barriecolts.com/video/index

Thanks for the link.  Had to love the fact that his wrister against Kitchener went thru the net! LOL  It appears that he is somewhat a man amongst boys in the highlights that I watched.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

@kluedeke29

"Cody Payne tallies 23rd goal of the season for Plymouth. I like Payne's upside better than Camara's to be completely honest. Bigger, stronger, similar skill, better fighter."

Personally I think it's a great problem to have....both!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Subban pitches another shutout in 3-0 win tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

2012-13 Western Conference:

Most Dangerous in the Goal Area

1. Reid Boucher, Sarnia Sting (40)
    2. Seth Griffith, London Knights (19) – finished second in voting in 2011-12
    3. Vince Trocheck, Plymouth Whalers (18)

Best Shot
      1. Reid Boucher, Sarnia Sting (37)
      2. Seth Griffith, London Knights tied Ryan Sproul, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (16) – Sproul finished tied for second in voting in 2011-12

Best Shootout Shooter

1. Cameron Brace, Owen Sound Attack (19)
        2. Vince Trocheck, Plymouth Whalers (18) – finished first in voting in 2011-12
        3. Seth Griffith, London Knights (11) – finished second in voting in 2011-12

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A couple of write ups on most improved players in the OHL regarding Payne and Camara.

Cody Payne - Plymouth Whalers
    Last year Payne had one role, mash bodies and work hard on the forecheck. This year, his offensive game has grown leaps and bounds. He's taking chances with the puck and getting himself into better scoring position. This had lead to him posting career highs in all offensive categories (more than double).

. Anthony Camara - Barrie Colts
    He's going to double his goal and point output from a year ago and has really made himself into a dangerous offensive player this year. Previously, Camara was a simple, hard working checker. His hard work would reward him with the occasional goal, but he was not an offensive leader. This year, his game has taken off. His ability to carry the puck and create offense off the rush is something we never saw consistently from him until this year. He's also greatly improved his shot and is able to score in ways other than crashing the crease. Camara has become a complete player and is making the Bruins happy for using a 3rd rounder on him two years ago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Subban pitches another shutout in 3-0 win tonight.

"The shutout for Subban is his 5th of the season and 29th win. Svedberg's 29 wins put him in position to challenge John Grahame's franchise-best 37 wins for Providence Bruins in 1998-99."

Bruins goalie scouts A++!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

A couple of write ups on most improved players in the OHL regarding Payne and Camara.

Cody Payne - Plymouth Whalers
    Last year Payne had one role, mash bodies and work hard on the forecheck. This year, his offensive game has grown leaps and bounds. He's taking chances with the puck and getting himself into better scoring position. This had lead to him posting career highs in all offensive categories (more than double).

. Anthony Camara - Barrie Colts
    He's going to double his goal and point output from a year ago and has really made himself into a dangerous offensive player this year. Previously, Camara was a simple, hard working checker. His hard work would reward him with the occasional goal, but he was not an offensive leader. This year, his game has taken off. His ability to carry the puck and create offense off the rush is something we never saw consistently from him until this year. He's also greatly improved his shot and is able to score in ways other than crashing the crease. Camara has become a complete player and is making the Bruins happy for using a 3rd rounder on him two years ago.

Wow.  That's a joy to read.  Especially for people like me who watched that draft and said "who the #@*! is Camara??"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@AHLBruins

"The final horn blows and the BRUINS WIN! The Bruins now have sole possession of second place in the Eastern Conference!"

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1010779

Spooner another great playmaking night, goal and an assist.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1010790

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1086

Spooner rolling along with 2 more points today. A goal and an assist plus a 1st star. Fallstrom's 1st game and he assits on Sauve's goal gotta like that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1010790

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1086

Spooner rolling along with 2 more points today. A goal and an assist plus a 1st star. Fallstrom's 1st game and he assits on Sauve's goal gotta like that.

Happy to hear about Fallstrom but I need to temper my expectations San. I was too excited after Florek had 4 points in his first game for Prov. At least he's playing decent now though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jim Parker ‏@winstarparker

"#OHL Windsor @GO_SPITS_GO #Spitfires centre Alex Khokhlachev to join #AHL Providence #Bruins Tuesday. #NHL 2nd-round pick by Boston in 2011."

KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsweenvt. Show bsweenvt's posts

Brian Ferlin had a solid outing this weekend for Cornell, 3 goals against #1 ranked Quinnipiac.  Anybody get to watch the game or see him play?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Providence Bruins ‏@AHLBruins  

Welcome Koko! He will wear #13 for Providence.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MarkDivver

"Jared Knight wore red no-contact jersey, but was a full participant in practice this morning. . Alex Khokhlachev mostly centered Tardif & MacKinnon today in first @AHLBruins practice.

Catching up on morning @AHLBruins stuff, Tardif (groin) feeling better, might play this wkend. Hanson (hand), Randell (finger) are 50-50. Chris Bourque out for @AHLBruins this weekend after headshot from Cody Goloubef in Springfield. Goloubef suspended two games by AHL"

PBruins got Khokhlachev just in time and a Jared Knight sighting...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Everyone know's there's no such thing as a Jared Knight..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Everyone know's there's no such thing as a Jared Knight..

When he takes the no-contact jersey off he disapears into the wind...never happened.