Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

What's the general consensus on Spooner? Is he going to be NHL ready for next year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think it depends on too many things to say.  If the Bruins have a solid playoff showing, CJ is back, etc. then there's a good chance he'll get an opportunity to fill the available spot with Jagr and Horton UFA.  If SanDog gets his wish and they trade Peverley, that would be a second spot.  The math is still roughly $10M for two goalies, a D and a F plus any spares or buffers.  Rask will be $5M-$6M unless Chiarelli reads this board and steals my idea, so that leaves $4M for a backup goalie, a D and a F.  Assume Bartkowski is the D because even if Krug is pushing, he's a $1.7M cap hit and Bartkowski is under $700K.  Spooner's a very reasonable $870K, so if the D and F are Spooner and Bartkowski, that leaves about $2.4M for a backup goalie (Svedberg is a cool mil.).

I'd say they are very likely hoping Spooner can step in next year (or someone from Providence with areasonable deal....)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" If SanDog gets his wish and they trade Peverley, that would be a second spot."

Can't keep Rich for that money and a $64M cap looming. Jacobs isn't going to give Chiarelli Savard's LTIR every year. Julien's wet dream defensive center Kelly isn't going anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think they can keep Peverley if they want to.  From what I've seen of PC, I doubt they make a salary dump type of deal unless it's to keep Jagr.  Peverley out, Jagr in for Peverley money plus a mil or so.  Otherwise, I think plan A will be keep the best of the kids (Spooner, Bartkowski) and make a deal if they need to go to plan B. 

I see no reason Jacobs wouldn't let Chiarelli use the LTIR - insurance pays Savard, so letting PC use the cap hit is just letting him spend to the cap, and he's done that every year except this one - and he'd have gotten there this year too if he could have.  It's likely a one-year problem with revenues stronger than expected.  I'm guessing that when all is said and done, next year's revenues will suggest the Cap should have been closer to $68M, and the following year, they stick to the same revenue growth projections and get back to $70M. That's purely speculation based on the size and timing of the signings we've seen and where in the fiscal cycle the league would have been when they happened.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jacobs is going to look somewhere to find the revenue he lost in 2012-2013.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Jacobs is going to look somewhere to find the revenue he lost in 2012-2013.

Perhaps he should check the folds of his couch?

But seriously, SanDog is right here. I predict (uh, oh) that both Jagr and Horton are gone, to be replaced by some rookies or some marginal plugs. Unless PC buys someone out or something equally drastic, it will be a lean year next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

From the limited times I've watched Spooner, he just looks like he has the skill to be a good top-6 player. He just needs to play with a solid finisher or two, not with guys like Peverley and Paille (even though I like them, they just don't mix).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's where he belongs - in the top six - but he may have to evolve his game to be a third liner for a year or two.  He can do that.  He plays a smart defensive game.

Funny thing about Spooner is he scores at roughly the same pace everywhere he goes - never like a dominant player (top Jr. year was 81 points, I think) but in that point/game range (slighly higher his last two years junior, slightly lower in Providence) - but consistently.  Bodes well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/content/20130425-mark-divver-championship-experience-should-help-p-bruins-in-post-season.ece

@MarkDivver

Tonight's lines: Bourque-Spooner-Tardif

Caron-Camper-Cunningham

MacKinnon-Whitfield-Knight

Florek-Hanson-Robins.

On defense: Exelby-Krug

Warsofsky-Trotman

Cohen-Cross

If Bartkowski comes down, one of bottom four won't play. Svedberg starts"

Offense: Both teams have balanced scoring. Jamie Tardif scored 30 for Providence and Craig Cunningham put up 25. Ten other P-Bruins scored at least 10 goals.    Hershey didn’t have a 20-goal scorer, but 12 players hit double figures. Veteran Jeff Taffe (18-53-71 in 73 games) finished second in the league in points. Casey Wellman, Ryan Potulny and ex-PC star Jon DiSalvatore are dangerous.   

Defense: Hershey has a young and mobile defense corps. Around the net, Providence will try to lean on the Bears — who are not all that physical — and will make them work to get out of their end and up the ice.   

The P-Bruins have a terrific transition game, starting with Torey Krug (13-32-45 in 63 games).   

Goaltending: Twenty-one-year-old Philipp Grubauer started most of Hershey’s games down the stretch. His goals-against average and save percentage are comparable to Providence’s Niklas Svedberg, though he played 20 fewer games. Voted the AHL’s best goalie, Svedberg’s record was 37-8-2.   

Special teams: The P-Bruins had the AHL’s eighth-best power play; Hershey was 11th . Providence was fifth on the penalty kill; the Bears were 10th .

Prediction: Svedberg will be the difference. Bruins in five.    —Mark Divver"

Scoring depth, goaltending and Krugs blazing close to the season should get them through the first round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/content/20130425-mark-divver-championship-experience-should-help-p-bruins-in-post-season.ece

@MarkDivver

Tonight's lines: Bourque-Spooner-Tardif

Caron-Camper-Cunningham

MacKinnon-Whitfield-Knight

Florek-Hanson-Robins.

On defense: Exelby-Krug

Warsofsky-Trotman

Cohen-Cross

If Bartkowski comes down, one of bottom four won't play. Svedberg starts"

Offense: Both teams have balanced scoring. Jamie Tardif scored 30 for Providence and Craig Cunningham put up 25. Ten other P-Bruins scored at least 10 goals.    Hershey didn’t have a 20-goal scorer, but 12 players hit double figures. Veteran Jeff Taffe (18-53-71 in 73 games) finished second in the league in points. Casey Wellman, Ryan Potulny and ex-PC star Jon DiSalvatore are dangerous.   

Defense: Hershey has a young and mobile defense corps. Around the net, Providence will try to lean on the Bears — who are not all that physical — and will make them work to get out of their end and up the ice.   

The P-Bruins have a terrific transition game, starting with Torey Krug (13-32-45 in 63 games).   

Goaltending: Twenty-one-year-old Philipp Grubauer started most of Hershey’s games down the stretch. His goals-against average and save percentage are comparable to Providence’s Niklas Svedberg, though he played 20 fewer games. Voted the AHL’s best goalie, Svedberg’s record was 37-8-2.   

Special teams: The P-Bruins had the AHL’s eighth-best power play; Hershey was 11th . Providence was fifth on the penalty kill; the Bears were 10th .

Prediction: Svedberg will be the difference. Bruins in five.    —Mark Divver"

Scoring depth, goaltending and Krugs blazing close to the season should get them through the first round.

Man, I'd love to be at this game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@cupofchowdah

"Svedberg last one out on the ice as warmups end...not sure he's aware they are over. he is in his own world. 2nd period ends. Fans are booing. Hershey leading 4-1, outshooting 29-21. Acting tough as they skate off the ice."

No you wouldn't Book- Svedberg the "space cadet" got unhinged, as in Hutchinson is already in. One more period to go for the PBruins to regroup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ground control to Major headcase!

Let's hope that's out of their system.  Or maybe that this last two months has been a freaky friday thing with Boston playing like Providence and Providence playing like Boston - but now it's over and the NHL squad will once again play like a confident, dynamic squad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/64617

London-Plymouth game is on NHL Network (US) right now, what a game!

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/64597

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/1ba93b94a73d8df7cd0d2bf0e5ac8a21

Subban with 42 saves only goal was to Camara.

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011015

Lets hope the PBruins don't give up 35 shots a game either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Subban's Bulls and Camara's Colts go to a 7th game Monday night for the right to face Griffith's Knights for the OHL championship.

Camara suspended for last nights game 6 because of a crosscheck given to the head late in game 5. 

Subban's play in games 5 and 6 ? If you're a Bruins fan watching these 2 games you have to be thrilled.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/barrie-colts-anthony-camara-snipes-game-3-ot-040013584.html

If Camara can start taking care of his errant cross-checks he will be a great add to the PBruins next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There are guys in the AHL who will help in take care of that habit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Subban's Bulls and Camara's Colts go to a 7th game Monday night for the right to face Griffith's Knights for the OHL championship.

Camara suspended for last nights game 6 because of a crosscheck given to the head late in game 5. 

Subban's play in games 5 and 6 ? If you're a Bruins fan watching these 2 games you have to be thrilled.

I'm a huge Bruins fan and was at the 5th game in Belleville...and must admit that I am not thrilled...do not like any of the Subbans...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to golden9x2's comment: 

I'm a huge Bruins fan and was at the 5th game in Belleville...and must admit that I am not thrilled...do not like any of the Subbans...

[/QUOTE]

Subban stopped 41 of 42 shots in the game you saw.

He has allowed 2 goals total in the last 2 playoff games against the highest scoring team (Barrie) in the Eastern Conference . Some of them hilite reel saves.

He was picked as a star in both games. Those two games when they were facing elimination, this is how he performed. Two goals on 75 shots.

Ya , you're right. What's there to like and why should you be thrilled ?

Never ceases to amaze me anymore some of the comments that come from this board.

Dumb !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MarkDivver

"DiSalvatore wins it in OT. 5-4. Hershey leads series, 2-0"

Heading to Hershey down two games to none Yikes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

@MarkDivver

"DiSalvatore wins it in OT. 5-4. Hershey leads series, 2-0"

Heading to Hershey down two games to none Yikes.

Some times goalies can be great in the regular season but playoffs are a different animal all together

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Subban stopped 41 of 42 shots in the game you saw.

He has allowed 2 goals total in the last 2 playoff games against the highest scoring team (Barrie) in the Eastern Conference . Some of them hilite reel saves.

He was picked as a star in both games. Those two games when they were facing elimination, this is how he performed. Two goals on 75 shots.

Ya , you're right. What's there to like and why should you be thrilled ?

Never ceases to amaze me anymore some of the comments that come from this board.

Dumb !

[/QUOTE]
    I'm not entitled to my opinion(s)?!?...I dont like the Subbans in general...end of story...I know the stats....I dont like their style/cockiness, thank you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Barrie wins game 7, 3-1. That's one Subban golfing. Hopefully the elder one tees it up shortly as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]
    I'm not entitled to my opinion(s)?!?...I dont like the Subbans in general...end of story...I know the stats....I dont like their style/cockiness, thank you!

[/QUOTE]

My post said if a Bruins fan watched games 5 and 6 they'd be thrilled ( because of the way he played ). 

You watched game 5 and turned it into you don't like all Subban's because of their style/cockiness.

Makes sense. What it has to do with games 5 and 6 and how Malcom played ? I dunno.

P.S. I watched game 7 last night and came away not liking Anthony Camara because of his mountain man beard. I keep hating him more as his beard gets longer. Who cares how he plays ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

Barrie wins game 7, 3-1. That's one Subban golfing. Hopefully the elder one tees it up shortly as well.

Actually two. Jordan and Malcom. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sort of OT, but how smart does this sound - draft eligible player endures a frustrating season of playing on horrible rebuilding teams, but finds the silver lining because he knows he has a lot of leg and core strength work to do if he hopes to play in the NHL right out of the draft. So he gets right to work....

I think Sean Monahan's going to be a really good NHL player for someone soon.