Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

http://bruins.nhl.com/v2/ext/media/2012/prospect_reports/1015_Prospect_Report.pdf

http://thehockeywriters.com/jared-knight-ready-to-drop-the-puck-on-his-pro-career-with-the-providence-bruins/

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=643491

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/10/spooner-returns-but-knight-remains-on-sidelines.html

Now that the finger pointing between the Owners and players is in full swing...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

MoonDoggie, thankyou for this. Fabulous reading material. Prospect info is tops for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yikes, Sauve gets dented again.

They should invent some equipment for this guy with an air bags in it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

While we're on the topic - Camara with another big night in what was a less than exciting 7-3 game.  Barrie scored 5 PPG, Ottawa had 2 PPG, so 5 on 5, it was a 2-1 game.  3rd star for Camara behind Scheifele and Zach Hall who had 6 points each.  Camara had four including 3 assists on the PP.  Those three are now the top scoring trio in the OHL with Scheifele leading the league at 19 points in 11 games.  Hall has 18 and Camara 16 including 10 goals in 11 games which ties him for the league lead with Ottawa's Tyler Graovac.  I continue to have tempered expectations for what this all means for the guy - I can't help but feel he's the beneficiary of playing with Scheifele and Hall though I do give him credit for making it work for him - but there are worse things to follow during a lockout than this story of a guy who looked (and sometimes sounded) like he wanted to be Derek Dorsett or Sean Avery who is now playing like something other than a meathead.  He only has 23 pims to date, too.  (Note: Avery had 84 points his last year in the OHL.  Dorsett's best year was 64.  So a good point total at this stage doesn't necessarily mean Camara's NHL path has changed much.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Looking forward to the Erie (Camara) London (Griffith) game, tonight. First time I get to see either player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/10/svedberg-backstops-p-bruins-to-two-road-wins.html

PROVIDENCE - The Providence Bruins received a solid weekend from goalie Niklas Svedberg, who backstopped two road wins on Friday and Saturday night in his first two starts in North America to get the team to 2-2 for the season.

"It was fun to play again. Long time since I played a game,'' the 23-year-old Swede said on Monday after practice at the Dunkin Donuts Center. "I felt pretty good. Some rebounds, some small stuff to work on,'' said Svedberg, who watched while veteran Mike Hutchinson started the team's first two games of the season on Oct. 12 and 13.

Coach Bruce "Butch'' Cassidy rated Svedberg's play as above average on Friday, when he made 33 saves in a 4-3 win in Manchester."

Svedberg starts 2 games, gave up 4 goals with 63 saves 2.00 GAA 0.940 save %. Caron got a hat rick during Friday's win. Much, much better than the 1st two games of the season.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6075

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Cunningham-making-people-take-notice?blockID=791429&feedID=3352

Craig Cunninham looks good on the 1st goal so even a hack like haggs (get it ?) has to take notice...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

Will be at the Barrie Colts and Niagra Falls game on Saturday. Definitely looking forward to it.  Anthony Camara and Dougie Hamilton.  Should be a good tilt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You should trademark 'Hack like Haggs'.  Brilliant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamilton....... last few games playing less rover-like and staying positional. Still has spurts of a dog breaking free from his chain though.

Camara........ looking better. Thanks goes out to the lockout and Winnipeg Jets 1st rounder ( and possible staying after class to do his skating drills ).

Griffith.........a little lethargic as of late.

Payne.........becoming more of a pain for opposing teams on the scoreboard lately.

Subban........last game tuned in to Belleville, the backup played. Nothing different .......still a steal !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.lfpress.com/2012/10/25/griffith-sparks-knights-rally

" The firestarter though, came from the stick of their most veteran sniper. On the heels of three straight goal-less games, Seth Griffith struck for his 10th just 63 seconds into the third to cut the Petes’ lead in half and cue the charge.

He hit the post early on and it would’ve been easy to wonder if this was going to be another fruitless night. But the kids reponded, Tierney stepped up, and the Knights refused to fold against a team they needed to beat.

€œWe came out and got one (by Griffith) early and kept going hard,€ Tierney said. We weren’t going to give it up this time. "

I had read that Griffith got drilled the other night (not last night), missed a few shifts then came back to score a goal. Anyone see this ?

http://www.londonknights.com/video/index/id/dc5e1f915a8e6f2ff50af7775cd31d88

Edit: Here is the rip Seth against Plymouth the other night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just curious, looking at their play so far, is there any player that was drafted in the first round of the 2011 draft after the Bruins grabbed Hamilton that you would rather the Bruins have picked up?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to no1bruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will be at the Barrie Colts and Niagra Falls game on Saturday. Definitely looking forward to it.  Anthony Camara and Dougie Hamilton.  Should be a good tilt.

[/QUOTE]

Also, for those who have watched Camara, how much of his strong point production so far is on him, and how much would you attribute his tallies to playing with the likes of Schiefele, Hall and Beyers?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Camara just has to stand near the net with his stick on this ice and deflect the pass in on every goal ?

Or was Camara languishing on the 3rd and 4th lines with low minutes when he really had the talent to play on the 1st line ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

red - It's still probably too early for the Hamilton question, but the one guy who has looked like he's going to be a good pro is Sven Bartschi. Saw two of his games with Calgary last year and he could be Calgary's version of Eberle - about the same size, WHL grad with very impressive numbers (2pts/game with Portland last year). I still like Hamilton's potential to be a #1 D, though, so it's hard to say if I'd take Sven ahead of him. Camara, I've seen two games and almost every one of the points I've seen him record have been off of a pass from Scheifele below the hash marks, a pass to Scheifele that ends up in the net either due to a Scheifele pass or shot, or, when Scheifele isn't on the score sheet, it's a Scheifele play that breaks down the D - the third assist or just being the guy at the far post that the goalie knows is more dangerous. That said, I wrote after the first game I saw that Camara looks like a hockey player and not a clown. Bang-bang goals, getting to the net at the right time, and putting passes on Scheifele's stick. So - he's making the most of playing on the top line and PP. This isn't a rare thing, though - not to rain on Camara, but just to forestall the "next Lucic" remarks. Something similar is happening in Ottawa with a 5'7" "energy player" Brett Gustavson playing on Sean Monahan's line. 13 points in 11 games for a guy whose best year was last year - 60 games, 8-7-15. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Dougie with a pair of PP goals last night. A slapper from the point that had eyes and a pretty one where he weaved his way through the PK box with a couple of defenders on him.

One thing about last night was he did a pretty good job in getting shots through traffic to the net.

Highlights here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

thanks book. it sounds like camara may be going through the kurri effect - a good player who looks like a great player because of his linemates.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thanks book. it sounds like camara may be going through the kurri effect - a good player who looks like a great player because of his linemates.

[/QUOTE]

Jari Kurri was a heck of a lot more than a good player.  601 goals and 797 assists don't happen because your linemates are good.  He's 20th all time in points. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tommy Cross is doing well, 7 points in 7 games.

Of course, he's in the East Coast also.  Tough when you can't unseat Garnet Exelby for an AHL job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

According to the point of losing Gretzky after 88' Kurri's numbers should have gone back up after he got reunited with Wayne in 92' but they didn't. Jari had just gone past his prime. 89' and 90' Kurri had really good numbers as well. There wasn't a huge drop off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dougie with a pair of PP goals last night. A slapper from the point that had eyes and a pretty one where he weaved his way through the PK box with a couple of defenders on him.

One thing about last night was he did a pretty good job in getting shots through traffic to the net.

Highlights here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

[/QUOTE]

Saw the score this morning and your IceDogs got blown away, only 2 pp goals.  On the 7 goals how many was Dougie on the ice for and/or responsible ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I can think of a couple of P-Bruin defenseman who played last night that aren't good enough for the ECHL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can think of a couple of P-Bruin defenseman who played last night that aren't good enough for the ECHL.

[/QUOTE]

How did their shut down D, Bartkowski ,  fair ?  : )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to the point of losing Gretzky after 88' Kurri's numbers should have gone back up after he got reunited with Wayne in 92' but they didn't. Jari had just gone past his prime. 89' and 90' Kurri had really good numbers as well. There wasn't a huge drop off.

[/QUOTE]

In 89 and 90 Kurri went from playing on a line with the number one point scorer in NHL history to playing with the number 2 point scorer in NHL history. Solid player for sure, but anyone who thins he's not a player who benefitted greatly from being surrounded by superior players is deluding themselves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment: Solid player for sure, but anyone who thins he's not a player who benefitted greatly from being surrounded by superior players is deluding themselves.

I'll never buy into the fact that certain players are nothing without great centers feeding them. The winger still has to put the puck in the net. I'm also not convinced that Kurri wouldn't be in the HOF if he didn't play in Edmonton nor LA.

Would Neely be in the HOF without Janney and Oates ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

How did their shut down D, Bartkowski ,  fair ?  : )

Bart has not looked good since he was last cut in 11'. Last noght was no different and why I think will be rejoining the PBruins real soon.

Sections
Shortcuts