Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Here's my gripe with comments about drafted players.

It is not an exact science ( although I can think of a few on here who would disagree because they think they're smarter because they have the formulas to drafting  ). They are drafting 18 year olds who can go either way in their development down the road. There is not a team in NHL history who have bypassed better players then who they've picked. 

Hindsight is just another form of saying "I told you so". The problem is the "I told you so" in cases of how they'd turn out is just a guess from wannabe scouts like ourselves ( or from anyone actually ).

We don't know X amount of the information on these players as the scouts do. They go over it and come to their decisions after months( and years) of evaluating. And us ? Some of us base our decisions on whether we like the way their name sounds. 

I especially dislike using a guy like PK as an example considering he was passed over by EVERY team in the league (12 teams passed him over twice) before finally being drafted. Lamenting PC not picking him is akin to crying about Boston drafting Girard and Raycroft in '98 when Datsyuk was still available. Every draft features players that hindsight suggests should've been drafted earlier. Every draft features far more examples though, of guys who never live up to expectations. Always a bit of a crapshoot.

And we always get to hear about what the Bruins missed out on because of crappy Bruins scouting.

Just wondering dez, does your Dallas scouting buddy know of any teams that have scouts named " Foresight ". On BDC there are many named " Hindsight ".

I know you're just kidding but my buddy actually thinks the same about the draft as we do. Once you get outside the top 15-20 guys it starts to get very hazy. Even the the top 20 guys will feature a huge number of letdowns. The last time I spoke to him I asked about Hamill specifically. He said that even though 8th pick sounds really high it's still far from a sure thing and he figures PC chose Hamill based mostly on his on ice vision (and the fact he led the WHL in scoring that year). He's seen lots of Hershey games this year and says Hamill is a real puzzle in that he'll go long stretches being invisible but then when Hershey makes a nice play, it's usually Hamill doing it. Go figure. This is a really big year for my buddy in Dallas since he had a hand in most of their big off season deals. Bringing in Jagr and Roy and trading Ribiero for Cody Eakins, just to name a few.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I know you're just kidding but my buddy actually thinks the same about the draft as we do. Once you get outside the top 15-20 guys it starts to get very hazy. Even the the top 20 guys will feature a huge number of letdowns. The last time I spoke to him I asked about Hamill specifically. He said that even though 8th pick sounds really high it's still far from a sure thing and he figures PC chose Hamill based mostly on his on ice vision (and the fact he led the WHL in scoring that year). He's seen lots of Hershey games this year and says Hamill is a real puzzle in that he'll go long stretches being invisible but then when Hershey makes a nice play, it's usually Hamill doing it. Go figure. This is a really big year for my buddy in Dallas since he had a hand in most of their big off season deals. Bringing in Jagr and Roy and trading Ribiero for Cody Eakins, just to name a few.

[/QUOTE]

Nice info dez. Very interesting to hear what the real scouts have to say about certain topics and players. Thanks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

P.S. You have a lot of memory issues in the last couple of posts. Join the crowd.

Like calling someone out another poster on a thread then not being able to find their quote to prove it ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

P.S. You have a lot of memory issues in the last couple of posts. Join the crowd.

Like calling someone out another poster on a thread then not being able to find their quote to prove it ?

No, excessive drinking while posting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I saw Koko play yesterday against the Oshawa Generals...got a sweet "gift" goal when left open in front of Gens net and schooled the goalie and set up the first goal of the game 10 seconds in......he definitely has skills but easily gets outmuscled in dirty areas or wherever contact comes into play....dont think he has NHL written on him but I could be wrong....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

I saw Koko play yesterday against the Oshawa Generals...got a sweet "gift" goal when left open in front of Gens net and schooled the goalie and set up the first goal of the game 10 seconds in......he definitely has skills but easily gets outmuscled in dirty areas or wherever contact comes into play....dont think he has NHL written on him but I could be wrong....

He's still just 19, he will turn 20 in Sep.  It's not like he's tiny now, a little bit of growth and he will be better in heavy traffic.  He is a hard worker, I'd be surprised NOT to see him play in a few NHL games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Development.  That's the watch-word here.  In Russia he wasn't getting any ice time, so that affected his overall growth.  Even at the WJC I thought he looked a little average.  I thought he'd be alot further along as far as his speed and power goes.  While he was good for Russia, he wasn't great.  His skill set and playmaking were on display, but that's about it.  I expected alot more from him in that tournament.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Development.  That's the watch-word here.  In Russia he wasn't getting any ice time, so that affected his overall growth.  Even at the WJC I thought he looked a little average.  I thought he'd be alot further along as far as his speed and power goes.  While he was good for Russia, he wasn't great.  His skill set and playmaking were on display, but that's about it.  I expected alot more from him in that tournament.

At his size I'm thinking what you see is what you'll get in the power category. This is not a player who'll grow into having any sort of power in his game. 

His game is about vision and creativity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I was more impressed with the pass at the start of the game then the goal. A Harlem Globetrotter no look between the legs backward pass setting up the 1st goal.

And as far as mostly getting outmuscled.........remember Marc Savard. There is still room in the NHL for players who aren't that big and strong but who have other skills.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins will be sending Ryan Spooner, Jamie Tardif and Matt Bartkowski back to Providence.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/v2/ext/media/2013/prospect_reports/0117_Prospect_Report.pdf

New prospect report

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Spitfires 5-0 since Koko returned to North America after WJC- he has points in all games."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A must see. Go to highlight reel Kitchener vs. Barrie http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

Camara scores 2 and assists on another. First goal is a laser that goes right through the net. His assist is a beauty. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

John Gibson in net for the Rangers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Camara stats display what I like to see, progression from one year to the next.  14 pts in 31 games last season.  45 pts in 34 games so far this year.

Looks to me that he has good instincts.

Central scouting had him ranked much lower than the Bruins picked him.

That just shows you the experts aren't right all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A must see. Go to highlight reel Kitchener vs. Barrie http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

Camara scores 2 and assists on another. First goal is a laser that goes right through the net. His assist is a beauty. 

and to note he's still playing well without your pup Scheifele.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

and to note he's still playing well without your pup Scheifele.

Ya, whatever happened to that guy you were ripping ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Nice to see that his offensive game continues to develop.  He is 3-1-4 over his last 2 without Scheifele.

2011 Draft has a chance to be a homerun for the B's.

Hamilton, Khokhlachev, Camara, Ferlin, O'Gara and Volden.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Camara stats display what I like to see, progression from one year to the next.  14 pts in 31 games last season.  45 pts in 34 games so far this year.

Looks to me that he has good instincts.

Central scouting had him ranked much lower than the Bruins picked him.

That just shows you the experts aren't right all the time.

Thanks for the input Dr. Jekyll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Nice to see that his offensive game continues to develop.  He is 3-1-4 over his last 2 without Scheifele.

2011 Draft has a chance to be a homerun for the B's.

Hamilton, Khokhlachev, Camara, Ferlin, O'Gara and Volden.

The scouts aren't as bad as bad as some think they are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Central Scouting or Bruins?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Central Scouting or Bruins?

Knock your socks off with CSB if that's your bible .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/162da5b0c24c0dc6651d88771842c3d6

27 seconds in nice snipe!

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/aaron_johnson_r.html

Warsofsky down Johnson up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Koko with 3-pt game last night, now 5-5-10 in 6gp.

In Providence 4-1 win:

Spooner 0-2-2

Warsofsky 1-1-2

The game also had an interesting scrap @ 2:44 of the 3rd involving Providence heavyweights Tommy Cross and Ryan Button vs Whale toughguys Ryan Bourque and Sam Klassen.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115150

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I have to say ross didn't skate well during the scuffle, good thing he landed on the Whale player. KoKo is on fire, kinda glad Windsor isn't going to make the playoffs that way Khokhlachev can join the PBruins when Windsor is done.

PS. AHL announcer "This certainly isn't a makeout party!" well done.

Sections
Shortcuts