Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

5 Bruins prospects playing in the OHL. 4 of them ( Payne, Griffith, Camara and Subban all with division leading teams ). Any of these players has a good chance of winning an OHL championship and advancing to the Memorial cup.     note: there are only 4 divisions.

Koko, being the lone exception playing for the last place Spits. Once his regular season ends he could join the first place Baby B's. Calder cup maybe ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Bulls 3, Colts 0

At Belleville, Ont., Malcolm Subban made 29 saves as the Belleville Bulls blanked the Barrie Colts in a game delayed two hours because of an accident on Highway 401. The Colts (36-18-3) were late arriving in Belleville due to the traffic backup on the highway."

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/02/14/khokhlachev-tied-for-fifth-on-all-time-russian-scoring-list/

"I've said it for a while now that I don’t know if we would be in the situation we are in if we had Koko from day one," Spitfires head coach Bob Boughner said.

In 15 games with the Spitfires, Khokhlachev has scored 13 times and has 25 points. That pushes his career total in parts of three seasons in Windsor to 72 goals and 170 points in 138 games."

http://www.capgeek.com/player/2310

Ok so he did sign already. Keep losing Windsor! Sorry Spitfire fans :D

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

kluedeke29

"SanDogBrewin No. He can't leave Windsor until their season completely done- as in reg season over & knocked out of playoffs if they qualify."

Fudge!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Koko with 2nd hat-trick in last 5 games.

Season:  13gp 12-9-21

he skates and plays like a young marc savard

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to paulbking's comment:

And you post like the current Marc Savard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

not that he IS or IS GOING to be savy , but watching the world 's that what he reminded me of

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

not that he IS or IS GOING to be savy , but watching the world 's that what he reminded me of

In what respect?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

None of Sauve, Camara or Griffith dressed tonight anyone know why on any of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

None of Sauve, Camara or Griffith dressed tonight anyone know why on any of them.

As I understand things, Camara is serivng a 6-game suspension and Griffith has a hand injury.  No idea what's up with Sauve.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Tonight's game will be Camara's last of serving his suspension I believe.

Edit : This was wrong as Camara played last night picking up an assist.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Cody Payne with a hat trick last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Saw that Chowdah, looked like he pocketed a few with the game well in hand.  Gives him 20 on the year.  Have you seen him play much, and what's your take?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Saw that Chowdah, looked like he pocketed a few with the game well in hand.  Gives him 20 on the year.  Have you seen him play much, and what's your take?

Straight out of the season he was impressive. Then he tailed off. Since then, it seems like every time I decide to tune in he does nothing. 

Last night's game was a no-go on my package. Didn't see it.

The best part of his game I like is his skating. He moves well for a bigger body. 

He has another year left in the OHL. That year will tell more about him. He willl probably assume a bigger role for his team ( like Camara did this year ).

So far from what I've seen ? AHLer..........but I thought the same about Camara before this year. That thinking has changed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Rico Sauve hurt his knee two weeks ago and has been off his skates for two weekends now. The kid is weaker than a stale graham cracker.

Griffith broke or fractured his forearm I believe about three weeks ago, might make it back for the playoffs. Too bad because he would have won the OHL scoring title.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Koko continues his torrid pace in the OHL. I look forward to seeing how he does in Prov.

19GP/ 14G/ 18A/ 32Pts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Straight out of the season he was impressive. Then he tailed off. Since then, it seems like every time I decide to tune in he does nothing. 

Last night's game was a no-go on my package. Didn't see it.

The best part of his game I like is his skating. He moves well for a bigger body. 

He has another year left in the OHL. That year will tell more about him. He willl probably assume a bigger role for his team ( like Camara did this year ).

So far from what I've seen ? AHLer..........but I thought the same about Camara before this year. That thinking has changed.

That's odd, my opinion about Camara has also changed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I was excited to finally see Zane Gothberg this past weekend in the UND-Denver weekend set, and...what a disappointment.  Not much to see, first off.  Gothberg played awful Friday night, got yanked early, and then the backup (Saunders) played in the Saturday game.  Hopefully just a bad weekend for Gothberg, but so much for my attempt at scouting the kid.  Anyone else watched him play this year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I was talking about his overall game. One thing about him that hasn't changed ? His skating  is still as good as ever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I was talking about his overall game. One thing about him that hasn't changed ? His skating  is still as good as ever.

And now even featuring backwards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

And now even featuring backwards.

Camara's teammates goof on his skating allot ?

Was he in a commercial trying to skate backwards  or something ?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aAqkzZwtXQ8

Tyler Randell vs Pierre-Luc Leblond go on forever in a pretty good scrap over the weekend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Subban named CHL Goalie of the Week.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/bulls-malcolm-subban-named-vaughn-chl-goaltender-of-the-week_139374/139396

Celebrates by posting another shutout tonight with 25 saves in 4-0 win vs Brampton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

wow. that actually made me giggle

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/bulls-malcolm-subban-named-vaughn-chl-goaltender-of-the-week_139374/139396

Celebrates by posting another shutout tonight with 25 saves in 4-0 win vs Brampton.

It's going to be fun to see what happens to the goalies next season. Anton k has played good for the bruins but you have Svedberg posting the best numbers prov has seen in almost ten years. Numbers better than rask and Anton k ever put up in the ahl, kid might be ready for a shot at the nhl. Then you have subban ready for the ahl next season, while hutch took a step backwards after being a solid backup in the ahl last season. Gothberg will remain in school hopefully developing for the next couple seasons. Then you have volden posting top league numbers in the sm-liiga but he has not been getting games bcs his team has two older goaltenders that are getting the games even though they are losing, only have one win in the last seven games. He might be ready to come over the pond to the ahl, should be fun to see how it plays out. This all after last season everyone was saying we had weak depth at goalie. I hope we concentrate on dmen prospects in this years draft that is probably our biggest need. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A lot of this has to be attributed to the play of his teammates in front of him as of late. I'll watch a period or two of a Belleville game and see very little in quality scoring chances directed at him. But for the most part, when he gets a scoring chance against him he has been there to save it. 

I'm not taking anything away from how he has played but feel that the Bulls may be currently playing the best hockey of any team in the OHL.

P.S. heyoo's awful Belleville Bulls forwards are looking a bit better then awful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And Koko's skating?  The same or improved?  Just curious, because his skating was an issue mentioned in the press, from what I saw at camp he needed improvement, and he was staying after practice at camp to work on his skating.

So - was there any truth to it, ever?

And if so, has it improved?

Sections
Shortcuts