Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I was talking about his overall game. One thing about him that hasn't changed ? His skating  is still as good as ever.

And Koko's skating?  The same or improved?  Just curious, because his skating was an issue mentioned in the press, from what I saw at camp he needed improvement, and he was staying after practice at camp to work on his skating.

So - was there any truth to it, ever?

And if so, has it improved?

I mentioned how I thought his skating had improved ( he looked faster to me ) at this past World Juniors. It was noticeable because I hadn't seen him play since the prior season. He was playing KHL as we all know. 

And yes I have posted ( in the past ) this was an area of his game that needed an upgrade. I guess you missed both posts while researching numbers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Subban named CHL Goalie of the Week.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/bulls-malcolm-subban-named-vaughn-chl-goaltender-of-the-week_139374/139396

Celebrates by posting another shutout tonight with 25 saves in 4-0 win vs Brampton.

A lot of this has to be attributed to the play of his teammates in front of him as of late. I'll watch a period or two of a Belleville game and see very little in quality scoring chances directed at him. But for the most part, when he gets a scoring chance against him he has been there to save it. 

I'm not taking anything away from how he has played but feel that the Bulls may be currently playing the best hockey of any team in the OHL.

P.S. heyoo's awful Belleville Bulls forwards are looking a bit better then awful.

Your boys gaunce and zharkov aren't even in the top 40 in pts in a scoring league. I'm pretty sure those are the two forwards you said were talented. Maybe you should re-evaluate how you grade talent. Ill give most of the credit to subban as to their winning. Look at all his games this month his forwards left him hanging in half the games and he still posted a 7-1 record. And ill take a Barrie colt team over the bulls all day long. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I mentioned how I thought his skating had improved ( he looked faster to me ) at this past World Juniors. It was noticeable because I hadn't seen him play since the prior season. He was playing KHL as we all know. 

And yes I have posted ( in the past ) this was an area of his game that needed an upgrade. I guess you missed both posts while researching numbers.

Just keeping you honest is all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I read here often without contributing for obvious reasons (lack of knowlege though does not make me stupid, hehe) .  Thanks to everyone who contributes, one of the best reads at BDC hockey.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I read here often without contributing for obvious reasons (lack of knowlege though does not make me stupid, hehe) .  Thanks to everyone who contributes, one of the best reads at BDC hockey.  

I'm the same with you. This is the only thread I read every post. I very seldom make comments. The other threads I don't need opinions so much as to what my own eyes can see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Your boys gaunce and zharkov aren't even in the top 40 in pts in a scoring league. I'm pretty sure those are the two forwards you said were talented. Maybe you should re-evaluate how you grade talent. Ill give most of the credit to subban as to their winning. Look at all his games this month his forwards left him hanging in half the games and he still posted a 7-1 record. And ill take a Barrie colt team over the bulls all day long. 

Has your free OHL website disappeared ? 

61 goals scored for the Bulls in 12 games. 

They have won only one game by one goal. A 1-0 win by the Bulls backup Charlie Graham. Two games they won by two goals. 

The other 9 games they won by 3 or more goals. Does this sound like leaving Subban hanging ? 

Their lone loss ? Subban pulled after giving up 4.

Sat. Feb. 2nd 7:05 H Sarnia W 8-3 CLICK CLICK
    Sun. Feb. 3rd 2:05 A Oshawa   L 8-2 CLICK CLICK
    Sun. Feb. 10th 2:00 A Ottawa   W 6-4 CLICK CLICK
    Wed. Feb. 13th 7:05 H Kingston   W 4-1 CLICK CLICK
    Fri. Feb. 15th 7:30 A Mississauga   W 1-0 CLICK CLICK
    Sat. Feb. 16th 7:05 H Sudbury   W 7-5 CLICK CLICK
    Mon. Feb. 18th 2:00 H Barrie   W 3-0 CLICK CLICK
    Wed. Feb. 20th 7:05 H Ottawa   W 8-5 CLICK CLICK
    Sat. Feb. 23rd 7:05 H Peterborough   W 5-2 CLICK CLICK
    Sun. Feb. 24th 2:00 A Ottawa   W 6-3 CLICK CLICK
    Wed. Feb. 27th7:05 H Brampton   W 4-0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Has your free OHL website disappeared ? 

61 goals scored for the Bulls in 12 games. 

They have won only one game by one goal. A 1-0 win by the Bulls backup Charlie Graham. Two games they won by two goals. 

The other 9 games they won by 3 or more goals. Does this sound like leaving Subban hanging ? 

Their lone loss ? Subban pulled after giving up 4.

Sat. Feb. 2nd 7:05 H Sarnia W 8-3 CLICK CLICK
    Sun. Feb. 3rd 2:05 A Oshawa   L 8-2 CLICK CLICK
    Sun. Feb. 10th 2:00 A Ottawa   W 6-4 CLICK CLICK
    Wed. Feb. 13th 7:05 H Kingston   W 4-1 CLICK CLICK
    Fri. Feb. 15th 7:30 A Mississauga   W 1-0 CLICK CLICK
    Sat. Feb. 16th 7:05 H Sudbury   W 7-5 CLICK CLICK
    Mon. Feb. 18th 2:00 H Barrie   W 3-0 CLICK CLICK
    Wed. Feb. 20th 7:05 H Ottawa   W 8-5 CLICK CLICK
    Sat. Feb. 23rd 7:05 H Peterborough   W 5-2 CLICK CLICK
    Sun. Feb. 24th 2:00 A Ottawa   W 6-3 CLICK CLICK
    Wed. Feb. 27th7:05 H Brampton   W 4-0

None of the "click clicks" are working for me. Other than that though, I wish you good luck in trying to help that monkey smarten up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Charlie grahams gaa in feb is 3.33 that's with a shutout. Take subbans two so away he is near 3 gaa so I'd say the forwards aren't playing two way hockey. It's great they are scoring in bunches but they are also leaving their goalies hanging. So to give credit to the bulls as being shutdown defenders is laughable. On average subban is seeing 31 shots a game in feb I'd say his play in net has more to do with them winning then the forwards and dmen who leave him hanging every night. The worst team in the nhl only allows 33 shots a game. It's a scoring league when a goalie is posting a league best 2.16 gaa and is seeing 31 shots a night I'd say he is playing out of his mind. Kid is leading every goalie category but so I'd say he is the reason they are tops of the league. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Klaas's comment:

I'm the same with you. This is the only thread I read every post. I very seldom make comments. The other threads I don't need opinions so much as to what my own eyes can see.

Agreed. Few Bruins prospects ever make an appearance out here in the WHL, and Providence is about as far away from Vancouver as you can get without drowning in the Atlantic, so these observations and updates of the prospects whom I seldom get to see are much appreciated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Charlie grahams gaa in feb is 3.33 that's with a shutout. Take subbans two so away he is near 3 gaa so I'd say the forwards aren't playing two way hockey. It's great they are scoring in bunches but they are also leaving their goalies hanging. So to give credit to the bulls as being shutdown defenders is laughable. On average subban is seeing 31 shots a game in feb I'd say his play in net has more to do with them winning then the forwards and dmen who leave him hanging every night. The worst team in the nhl only allows 33 shots a game. It's a scoring league when a goalie is posting a league best 2.16 gaa and is seeing 31 shots a night I'd say he is playing out of his mind. Kid is leading every goalie category but so I'd say he is the reason they are tops of the league. 

Then you would be wrong. He is part of the reason, not the reason. 

Shots on net stats ? Priceless !  Have you been watching where a lot of those shots have been coming from ? Dumb question considering your web site is down.

I watched half of the game the other night and there wasn't a quality scoring chance given up by Belleville till late in the first. Would your shot total stats have told you this ?

Meanwhile, the majority of the play was down at the other end of the ice. 

Like I said before, the Bulls have been on fire and your awful forwards have been playing lights out this month. The big reason for their climb to the top.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Just keeping you honest is all.

And I respect that.

It's the main reason why I started posting on this website. A lot of crappola ( for instance, see above ) was being posted regarding prospects and I decided an opinion from one who watches them would be appreciated by some.

P.S. Of course, I have been told recently that I lie regarding prospects. Oh well, can't please them all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Then you would be wrong. He is part of the reason, not the reason. 

Shots on net stats ? Priceless !  Have you been watching where a lot of those shots have been coming from ? Dumb question considering your web site is down.

I watched half of the game the other night and there wasn't a quality scoring chance given up by Belleville till late in the first. Would your shot total stats have told you this ?

Meanwhile, the majority of the play was down at the other end of the ice. 

Like I said before, the Bulls have been on fire and your awful forwards have been playing lights out this month. The big reason for their climb to the top.

Everyone hold the line chowda watched half a game and says they were all easy shots. We should just put you in net then. If your allowing 31 shots a game your forwards and dmen are not playing much d. What stats you want to use how about +/-  if the forwards are scoring a lot and not allowing a lot of scoring opp then they should be through the roof. Hmm only one in the top 40 guess the forwards are not looking as great as you say. Ill watch a half game and get back to you with some more priceless...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Everyone hold the line chowda watched half a game and says they were all easy shots. We should just put you in net then. If your allowing 31 shots a game your forwards and dmen are not playing much d. What stats you want to use how about +/-  if the forwards are scoring a lot and not allowing a lot of scoring opp then they should be through the roof. Hmm only one in the top 40 guess the forwards are not looking as great as you say. Ill watch a half game and get back to you with some more priceless...

The Bruins have no one in the top 75 in NHL scoring. Same thought process ? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And I respect that.

It's the main reason why I started posting on this website. A lot of crappola ( for instance, see above ) was being posted regarding prospects and I decided an opinion from one who watches them would be appreciated by some.

P.S. Of course, I have been told recently that I lie regarding prospects. Oh well, can't please them all.

Hey, that's why I started here also, but for the NHL Bruins.  LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think that poster was off his meds for a few days.  He's back to "normal" now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think that poster was off his meds for a few days.  He's back to "normal" now.

Anger brings out the worst in us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Two and a half weeks left of the junior season.  Camara sitting on 32 goals in 44 games.  A full season (so no lost games to the WJHC) and keeping Scheifele for the full year (no extended tour with the Jets) might have meant a 40 goal year.  Does Barrie play Ottawa again this year?  He could still get to 50 against them. 

Khokhlachev two weeks away from a Providence debut?  AK's been scoring at a pace that would have put him near the top of the board - about 95 points if he'd have played 60 games by now, so settling in right behind Cousins.  Subban's the OHL's top goalie by GAA and save%.  He hasn't lost a shoot out this year (though I have to admit, I haven't seen him play in a shootout...).

Monahan in Ottawa is an amazing kid.  He's been stripped of every player with experience and talent around him and he still brings it every night.  The opposition just keys on stopping him, and pumping goals past a young and often brutal D and G, and he continues to put up the only points in 8-1, 10-2 losses.   He's dropped to 14th in scoring, but most of his points, he might as well be SHG.  "Projected" for someone to take him top 10 (mynhldraft has him at 7 to the Isles) and I see the kind of player who can be that solid scorer and leader that helps a team move from lottery team to playoff team.  Maybe not his first year of NHL elibility, but not long after.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Two and a half weeks left of the junior season.  Camara sitting on 32 goals in 44 games.  A full season (so no lost games to the WJHC) and keeping Scheifele for the full year (no extended tour with the Jets) might have meant a 40 goal year.  Does Barrie play Ottawa again this year?  He could still get to 50 against them. 

Khokhlachev two weeks away from a Providence debut?  AK's been scoring at a pace that would have put him near the top of the board - about 95 points if he'd have played 60 games by now, so settling in right behind Cousins.  Subban's the OHL's top goalie by GAA and save%.  He hasn't lost a shoot out this year (though I have to admit, I haven't seen him play in a shootout...).

Monahan in Ottawa is an amazing kid.  He's been stripped of every player with experience and talent around him and he still brings it every night.  The opposition just keys on stopping him, and pumping goals past a young and often brutal D and G, and he continues to put up the only points in 8-1, 10-2 losses.   He's dropped to 14th in scoring, but most of his points, he might as well be SHG.  "Projected" for someone to take him top 10 (mynhldraft has him at 7 to the Isles) and I see the kind of player who can be that solid scorer and leader that helps a team move from lottery team to playoff team.  Maybe not his first year of NHL elibility, but not long after.

Considering how Ottawa has played this year, this is impressive. Best prospect coming out of the OHL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Twitter@MarkDivver

"Sauve & Warsofsky (knees), Knight (hamstring), Button (lower body) all still not skating. Tardif (back) expected to play Fri. vs. Sharks. Carter Camper (upper body) & Zach Trotman (concussion) skated today but will miss weekend.

Ryan Spooner (lower body) didn't skate today @AHLBruins practice. He won't be available this weekend."

I think the Bruins would have to call South Carolina for some players. The longest hamstring injury in the history of professionel sports continues...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

The Bruins have no one in the top 75 in NHL scoring. Same thought process ? 

The bruins have three in the top 30 +/-, two of them in the top ten. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Twitter@MarkDivver

"Sauve & Warsofsky (knees), Knight (hamstring), Button (lower body) all still not skating. Tardif (back) expected to play Fri. vs. Sharks. Carter Camper (upper body) & Zach Trotman (concussion) skated today but will miss weekend.

Ryan Spooner (lower body) didn't skate today @AHLBruins practice. He won't be available this weekend."

I think the Bruins would have to call South Carolina for some players. The longest hamstring injury in the history of professionel sports continues...

They may just have to go with South Shore players at this rate.  I'm sure some boys at Thayer could make an impact.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They may just have to go with South Shore players at this rate.  I'm sure some boys at Thayer could make an impact.

Have you seen Janney or Amonte lately ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[Monahan] dropped to 14th in scoring, but most of his points, he might as well be SHG.  "Projected" for someone to take him top 10 (mynhldraft has him at 7 to the Isles) and I see the kind of player who can be that solid scorer and leader that helps a team move from lottery team to playoff team.  Maybe not his first year of NHL elibility, but not long after.

Considering how Ottawa has played this year, this is impressive. Best prospect coming out of the OHL.

Oh, man have they been awful.  This is the first "class" post Kilrea coming in and the big question is if they've lost the touch with the midget draft.  They had Couture, then Toffoli and Shane Prince, then Monahan, but the heir of that illustrious line of offensive stars is nothing like clear.

To draw the analogy closer to home for those who have no idea who Brett Gustavson or Ryan van Stralen are - imagine putting Seguin between Cambell and Bourque and expecting him to finish top ten in league scoring....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MarkDivver

"Congrats to @KrugTorey for being named AHL defenseman of the month for Feb. He had 4-8-12 in 11 games."

Get him up for some games!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Whoa....that's a heck of a stat line right there for Krug! Reports earlier in the season was that he was getting manhandled....now apparently he's settling in and becoming a beast offensively, huh?

He reminds me an awful lot of Hunwick with the way he skates, although I pray that he is better overall in both ends of the ice.

Sections
Shortcuts