Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

A comment to Red's post that Kurri went from playing on a line with the number one point scorer to the number 2 point scorer in NHL history ('89 and '90).

Kurri didn't play on Messier's line in '89 and '90 (or ever). In '89 and '90, Kurri played with Tikkanen and various other players. Messier, on another line, was always with Glenn Anderson and Craig Simpson.

I lived in Edmonton during the Oiler dynasty and saw most Oiler games during that time. Gretzky for sure helped Kurri, but Kurri helped Gretzky a lot also. Those two players were made for each other. I would rate Kurri's one-timer, top 10 all-time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

Well I have some great seats for tonights game so I will provide an update on camara sometime tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dougie with a pair of PP goals last night. A slapper from the point that had eyes and a pretty one where he weaved his way through the PK box with a couple of defenders on him.

One thing about last night was he did a pretty good job in getting shots through traffic to the net.

Highlights here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

[/QUOTE]

Saw the score this morning and your IceDogs got blown away, only 2 pp goals.  On the 7 goals how many was Dougie on the ice for and/or responsible ?

[/QUOTE]

Being responsible for how many goals ? I gave a link which has the hilites . You tell me .

I actually thought he played well defensively ( and offensively ) last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to no1bruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I have some great seats for tonights game so I will provide an update on camara sometime tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

Me too. In front of my tv on the couch. Barrie is too far to drive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dougie with a pair of PP goals last night. A slapper from the point that had eyes and a pretty one where he weaved his way through the PK box with a couple of defenders on him.

One thing about last night was he did a pretty good job in getting shots through traffic to the net.

Highlights here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

[/QUOTE]

Saw the score this morning and your IceDogs got blown away, only 2 pp goals.  On the 7 goals how many was Dougie on the ice for and/or responsible ?

[/QUOTE]

Being responsible for how many goals ? I gave a link which has the hilites . You tell me .

I actually thought he played well defensively ( and offensively ) last night.

[/QUOTE]

yea but hi-lites never tell the tale.

p.s. thanks for the limk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In 89 and 90 Kurri went from playing on a line with the number one point scorer in NHL history to playing with the number 2 point scorer in NHL history. Solid player for sure, but anyone who thinks he's not a player who benefitted greatly from being surrounded by superior players is deluding themselves.

[/QUOTE]

You clearly didn't watch Kurri play very often...or at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to the point of losing Gretzky after 88' Kurri's numbers should have gone back up after he got reunited with Wayne in 92' but they didn't. Jari had just gone past his prime. 89' and 90' Kurri had really good numbers as well. There wasn't a huge drop off.

[/QUOTE]

In 89 and 90 Kurri went from playing on a line with the number one point scorer in NHL history to playing with the number 2 point scorer in NHL history. Solid player for sure, but anyone who thins he's not a player who benefitted greatly from being surrounded by superior players is deluding themselves.

[/QUOTE]

Red??? You're out to lunch on your Kurri argument! Where would Orr be without Espo? Or vice versa? I think you need to dilute some of the stuff your inhaling, or drinking dear. ;-0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Seth Griffith...... pair of goals and a helper. First star.

Malcom Subban........shutout. First star.

Payne, Hamilton and Camara..........zeroes across the board in the points department.

LW Camara and RD Hamilton going head-to-head as Hamilton was matched up with the Scheifele line on many shifts.

Amateur opinion : Edge to Camara as I thought he outworked Dougie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

http://bruins.nhl.com/v2/ext/media/2012/prospect_reports/1015_Prospect_Report.pdf

http://thehockeywriters.com/jared-knight-ready-to-drop-the-puck-on-his-pro-career-with-the-providence-bruins/

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=643491

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/10/spooner-returns-but-knight-remains-on-sidelines.html

Now that the finger pointing between the Owners and players is in full swing...

[/QUOTE]

Out of Africa  (Gorongosa Ntl Park, Mozambique) ....indeed great report ..it is really cool to read from this place at 105 F after seing some wild animals in a safari...thanks so much ..I miss NHL hockey, I miss the BRUINS but glad I am not missing any action between Oct.15th and November 10th....regards to all my real Bruins fans friends from MZ, Africa

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (with Kudhobin in the net)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

According to the point of losing Gretzky after 88' Kurri's numbers should have gone back up after he got reunited with Wayne in 92' but they didn't. Jari had just gone past his prime. 89' and 90' Kurri had really good numbers as well. There wasn't a huge drop off.

[/QUOTE]

First half of '92, Kurri was lights out - neck and neck with Selanne for points.  Then...age caught up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" Matt Grzelcyk played very well. He was probably the most fluid skater on the ice for BC followed up closely by Cason Hohmann, who also played a great game. Grzelcyk's two Assists setting up fellow freshman Danny O'Regan both times, were marquis plays from the backend on the offensive rush. One play, he made a tape to tape pass through heavy stick traffic to an open Regan on the far post for a top shelf goal. It was impressive.

Grzelcyk played extremely well with and without the puck all game using his smarts and puck possesion to control the flow of the game from the backend. And he was only getting maybe top four minutes...maybe even bottom six, as BC was on the penralty kill for much of the second and third.

One thing with him is, whether he has the puck on his stick in the D zone, neutral zone or in the offensive zone...he is always trying to make a play that will generate offense. I don't mean to say he is weak defensivelY...but rather, he seems to be of the mindset that...if the puck is on his stick and he is skating or making a slick pass, then he is being smart both defensively and offensively.

On one play in the defensive zone he made a risky pass and the puck lands on the other team's forward's stick at which point he made a transition play, caused the turnover, fought through the forecheck and made a safe outlet pass. The play didn't result in goal or anything, but the point is...the kid had 2 assists in the game on two key goals and wasn't a liability at all for the rest of the game.

You can tell he gets respect from his teammates, even as a freshman, because after every shift one of the other guys would give him a tap on the shinpads or on top of his helmet. For a freshman, he looks like he is making his mark and I wouldn't be surprised if he is captain/Hobey Baker material at some point. Keep an eye on Matt Grzelcyk. The kid has supreme skill and is lots of fun to watch on every shift. "

Nice read from HFBoards on 2012 Bruins draft pick, now playing for BU, Matt Grzelcyk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

well was at the colts game last night.  Nothing too spectacular from Hamilton and Camara last night. First shift of the game they both made mistakes, Hamilton leaving the zone too early and almost got caught and Camara was slow on the back check and his man hit the post. Hamilton didnt have a great game with a number of turnovers and really looked bad on one of the Colts goals as the winger went right around him along the boards.

Camara had a break away at one point but got caught from behind by the backchecker and never got the shot off.

Some positives, Hamilton is such a nice skater and can accelerate so quickly.  Jumps into the rush really well.  Had a couple of great shifts where he took charge in the offensive zone. Put Schieffle on his butt near the end of the first period.

Camara isnt a bad skater. One thing I like about him is is net front prescence. Planted himself in front of the net and was hard too move.  I was hoping to see him throw some big hits but never happened. Had one hit all game.  Hawerchuk used him in all situations, including powerplay and penalty killing. 

Interesting to watch them at the face off, lining up against each other you could see them chatting on several occasions. Obviously familiar with each other from the development camps, I would think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

well was at the colts game last night.  Nothing too spectacular from Hamilton and Camara last night. First shift of the game they both made mistakes, Hamilton leaving the zone too early and almost got caught and Camara was slow on the back check and his man hit the post. Hamilton didnt have a great game with a number of turnovers and really looked bad on one of the Colts goals as the winger went right around him along the boards.

Camara had a break away at one point but got caught from behind by the backchecker and never got the shot off.

Some positives, Hamilton is such a nice skater and can accelerate so quickly.  Jumps into the rush really well.  Had a couple of great shifts where he took charge in the offensive zone. Put Schieffle on his butt near the end of the first period.

Camara isnt a bad skater. One thing I like about him is is net front prescence. Planted himself in front of the net and was hard too move.  I was hoping to see him throw some big hits but never happened. Had one hit all game.  Hawerchuk used him in all situations, including powerplay and penalty killing. 

Interesting to watch them at the face off, lining up against each other you could see them chatting on several occasions. Obviously familiar with each other from the development camps, I would think.

[/QUOTE]

Grade A+ report.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Grade A+ report.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, one of the reasons I visit here is those kinds of reports.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Grade A+ report.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, one of the reasons I visit here is those kinds of reports.  

[/QUOTE]

thanks guys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/v2/ext/media/2012/prospect_reports/1031_Prospect_Report.pdf

Nice read on Cody Payne and Niklas Svedberg.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...21701036632ce4

Subban at the 1:36 mark...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In referring to the impact that a great center can have on a mediocre winger, rather than calling it the Kurri Effect, I think the Andrew McBain Effect is more appropriate (referring to his linemate Dale Hawerchuk).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, I'd call it the Fire Hydrant effect or maybe the Blair Mcdonald effect. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamilton with 7 assists in 2 games mainly due to the Strome-Ritchie ( no not Lionel )  duo being on fire. Ritchie with 9 goals in 2 games. Unreal !

Subban gets a 1st star in yesterday's Bull's tilt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Three Bruins in the OHL's top 20 scorers - #8 Griffith, #12 Camara, and #14 Hamilton.  Hamilton's the only D in the top 20.  I'm enjoying the Griffith and Camara stories now because it's still a long shot that either becomes an NHLer, and you never know when you see guys excel at this level.  Better that they succeed in the O' than not, right?

Also ran across this today: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/347154?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI

Colborne has no goals and only 4 assists in 8 games.  Kadri's 0-3-3.  For whatever it's worth at this point in the AHL season....  I mean, Jordan Eberle and RNH are both one point ahead of a point/game pace.  That's not muc different from their pace in the NHL last year, and it's way off of Chris Bourque's 93 points in 73 games last year in the A.  But those Laff numbers make me happy.  Lose, Leafs, Lose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Three Bruins in the OHL's top 20 scorers - #8 Griffith, #12 Camara, and #14 Hamilton.  Hamilton's the only D in the top 20.  I'm enjoying the Griffith and Camara stories now because it's still a long shot that either becomes an NHLer, and you never know when you see guys excel at this level.  Better that they succeed in the O' than not, right?

Also ran across this today: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/347154?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI

Colborne has no goals and only 4 assists in 8 games.  Kadri's 0-3-3.  For whatever it's worth at this point in the AHL season....  I mean, Jordan Eberle and RNH are both one point ahead of a point/game pace.  That's not muc different from their pace in the NHL last year, and it's way off of Chris Bourque's 93 points in 73 games last year in the A.  But those Laff numbers make me happy.  Lose, Leafs, Lose.

[/QUOTE]

I really like the camara kid he isn't going to be a world beater but he could easily slot in on the third or fourth line in Boston in the next two seasons. We don't have too many physical prospects in our pool it's camara and lane mcdermid. And lane can not produce offensively. I could see camara becoming the next power forward for the bs. Lets remember that lucic overachieved in terms of what was expected of him. On another note Svedberg has completely surprised me at how talented he is. This kid has a great gaa on a horrible defensive prov team, he keeps it up he might be the answer in a couple years to backup tuukka. We now appear to be deep in goalie prospects, the only thing we lack is a group of quality dmen, after dougie it's pretty barron.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really like the camara kid he isn't going to be a world beater but he could easily slot in on the third or fourth line in Boston in the next two seasons. We don't have too many physical prospects in our pool it's camara and lane mcdermid. And lane can not produce offensively. I could see camara becoming the next power forward for the bs. Lets remember that lucic overachieved in terms of what was expected of him. On another note Svedberg has completely surprised me at how talented he is. This kid has a great gaa on a horrible defensive prov team, he keeps it up he might be the answer in a couple years to backup tuukka. We now appear to be deep in goalie prospects, the only thing we lack is a group of quality dmen, after dougie it's pretty barron.  

[/QUOTE]

Just a tad over-optimistic.

He'll have to come a long way in a short period of time to do this.

Link please ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No comments yet on the Subway Super Series ? I'll start.

Yakupov should fit in nicely with the Oilers. Fun to watch. 

Khokhlachev looks faster this year. Me thinks he's been staying after KHL practices to do skating drills. Badhab will like this.

The Russian goalie Vasilevski looks huge. Quick too. Tampa picked a good one.

The kid Drouin, ex NHLer Jude's son, looked pretty good skating alongside Huberdeau and MacKinnon. Great line.

Subban is on the roster for tonight's game and not Monday's. Will he play ? Probably yes considering the other goalie Binnington is on both day's roster and Subban is not.

Hamilton and Camara are on Monday's roster.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to heyoo's comment: [/QUOTE]
    I really like the camara kid he isn't going to be a world beater but he could easily slot in on the third or fourth line in Boston in the next two seasons.  [/QUOTE]

I would probably wait to see Camara against AHL grinding players before making a statement like that. I've watched 5 games of his so far and liked what I saw but until he pops at least 20 in at the next level.

Chowda likes Vodka with his tuna n tabasco!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to heyoo's comment: [/QUOTE]
    I really like the camara kid he isn't going to be a world beater but he could easily slot in on the third or fourth line in Boston in the next two seasons.  [/QUOTE]

I would probably wait to see Camara against AHL grinding players before making a statement like that. I've watched 5 games of his so far and liked what I saw but until he pops at least 20 in at the next level.

Chowda likes Vodka with his tuna n tabasco!

[/QUOTE]

........and poutine !