Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Feel for Khokhlachev a little, kid's name has been all over the trade rumor front (both Iginla & Morrow offers).  Kid is still only 19.  I'm sure some damage control is happening on the B's Management side, happy to see he got himself on the scoresheet last night.

Crowls, my scout pal texted me after watching Koko and told me he moves like his skates are 3 sizes too big. He said he knows Koko is young and has plenty of time to learn but he was surprised at just how unpolished his skating is. He said Koko also has a bad habit of constantly twirling his stick in his hands as he skates around. He thinks Koko is presently behind the curve in his opinion. I was disappointed by his early evaluation.

I have only really seen him play at World Juniors (TV), skating looked fine to me.  That said, he didn't really stand out.  Seems like there is a good chance he is the guy that gets moved, given that he has already been part of two offers. 

If that means they keep Spooner, Camara and Subban around, I am all for that.

I've only seen a few junior games and 1 KHL match myself and I also didn't see any skating issues. I was surprised my buddy felt so strongly about it. He said that he and some other scouts all had a good laugh about Koko's stride.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

On the NCAA Front:

Congrats to B's prospect Rob O'Gara for advancing to the Frozen Four with Yale.  Watched the Yale vs. UND game, and thought he looked pretty solid.  Has good size and mobility, a left-hand shot playing the right side.  Pretty simple game, reminded me of a little less physical version of former BC Eagle Andrew Alberts.

Also, had not realized that Zane Gothberg had wrestled away the #1 keeper job for UND during the season.  He played the 1st game of the tournament, a 2-1 win over Niagra, but was out against Yale with an undisclosed injury.

Matt Grzelcyk finished his Fr Year at BU by gaining Hockey East All-Rookie Team Honors after posting 3-20-23 in 38 games. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

On the NCAA Front:

Congrats to B's prospect Rob O'Gara for advancing to the Frozen Four with Yale.  Watched the Yale vs. UND game, and thought he looked pretty solid.  Has good size and mobility, a left-hand shot playing the right side.  Pretty simple game, reminded me of a little less physical version of former BC Eagle Andrew Alberts.

A less physical version of Andrew Alberts is a figure skater.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

On the NCAA Front:

A less physical version of Andrew Alberts is a figure skater.

Alberts was a punisher when he played at BC.  That physical style didn't translate to the NHL, but the guy has still played over 400 NHL games.  Not too bad for a 6th round pick.  I would be pretty happy if O'Gara was good enough to play 400 games in the NHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Depends, Crowls.  Alberts played a lot of those games on a very thin Boston blueline.  I'm hoping the Bruins wouldn't have any use for an Alberts type player for a long time.  That said, if that comes true and O'Gara still makes it, well, okay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Depends, Crowls.  Alberts played a lot of those games on a very thin Boston blueline.  I'm hoping the Bruins wouldn't have any use for an Alberts type player for a long time.  That said, if that comes true and O'Gara still makes it, well, okay.

Less than half.

If you and NAS want to quibble with my comparison, then please disregard.  O'Gara is his own player and will forge his own path.  Jesus.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

On the NCAA Front:

Also, had not realized that Zane Gothberg had wrestled away the #1 keeper job for UND during the season.  He played the 1st game of the tournament, a 2-1 win over Niagra, but was out against Yale with an undisclosed injury.

Matt Grzelcyk finished his Fr Year at BU by gaining Hockey East All-Rookie Team Honors after posting 3-20-23 in 38 games. 

Thanks for your thoughts on these players. Much appreciated.

P.S. You got a little taste of what I go through when posting about prospects. It's one of the reasons I slowed down on this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Frozen Four will also be an opportunity to watch both of the prospects moved for Iginla -- Hanowski (SCSU) and Agostino (Yale).  Since I dislike the Penguins and Feaster I can't decide if I want these guys to be good or bad.  Would be funny if the Pens ended up giving away some really good players for Iginla, but that would be a redemption of sorts for that bumbling idiot Feaster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I watched a number of BC games when Alberts was playing there and I will agree that he was a physical presence in college for sure.

Unfortunately, he always seemed to be a step behind in the NHL, to these eyes.

O'Gara looks pretty solid to me too.  I watched him play live this season and focused on him the whole game, away from the puck etc.  Simple, seems like a good description to make, as there was nothing flashy about his game but he always seemed to be in position and able to make the play.  Simple game, the way you would expect a freshmen to play.  Maybe he'll develop a more dynamic game as he becomes an upper classmen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 3h

Butch Cassidy said Koko had good game in Hershey. Skill game a better matchup for him after first two vs. heavy teams in Wor. and Scranton

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver

Butch Cassidy said Koko had good game in Hershey. Skill game a better matchup for him after first two vs. heavy teams in Wor. and Scranton

KoKos end to end rush then eventual assist on Fallstrom's goal was highlight reel worthy.

"the guy has still played over 400 NHL games.  Not too bad for a 6th round pick.  I would be pretty happy if O'Gara was good enough to play 400 games in the NHL."

Actually really good for any player let alone a 6th rounder, Crowles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Subban's Bulls advance to next round. Highlites:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/e3892e904fb9f71bae32a8abdc589c6c

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

More good Goalie prospect news.

http://theahl.com/svedberg-tabbed-as-march-s-top-rookie-p182944

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Having a great year, I'd like to see him get a start once the Bs clinch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver

"Great news for Jared Knight. He will play for @AHLBruins on Friday night, says Butch Cassidy. Missed all but 3 games with hamstring injury.

Ryan Spooner practicing with @AHLBruins this morning but wearing red no-contact jersey. Missed last weekend with upper-body injury"

May the hamstring be with you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Cool AHL.com article on Svedberg

http://theahl.com/svedberg-s-goal-is-simple-to-win-p183012

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MarkDivver

"On Dec. 1 @AHLBruins were 8-8 with 1 SO loss. Since then they've gone 33-13 with 4 SO losses for 70 of a possible 100 points."

That is some good stuff right there.

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1010887

Yep Jared Knight is actually playing now. Hope he holds up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@AHLBruins

GOAL! Koko puts the Bruins up 2-0! #letsgobruins

His first!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@AHLBruins

GOAL! Koko puts the Bruins up 2-0! #letsgobruins

His first!

And his 2nd! From Krug and Spooner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Spelling of his name was close enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Less than half.

If you and NAS want to quibble with my comparison, then please disregard.  O'Gara is his own player and will forge his own path.  Jesus.

Jesus is right.  My post was about Alberts, not you. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 2h

Hutch starts for @AHLBruins tonite in Manch. Mink, Fallstrom, Cross are in. Out are Randell, Cohen (lower body), Knight

Plan is for Knight to play 2 out of 3 this weekend, not 3 in 3. He'll be back in on Sunday in Hartford.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Spelling of his name was close enough.

When do we start calling him the H-less wonder?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Hutch starts for @AHLBruins tonite in Manch. Mink, Fallstrom, Cross are in. Out are Randell, Cohen (lower body), Knight

Plan is for Knight to play 2 out of 3 this weekend, not 3 in 3. He'll be back in on Sunday in Hartford.

Cohen being out is a major plus! Hopefully Hutchinson can hold the fort tonight.

Did you get a chance to watch the Colts or Knights Friday ?

Khokhlachev probably wouldn't mind being called a "HO" with or without the H. So glad Fleecetor is a complet idiot!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Did you get a chance to watch the Colts or Knights Friday ?

I watched the Bulls and Colts games. Very little of the Knights. Just enough to see two shifts of Griffith.