Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1114

The Providence Bruins, in their 21st season in the American Hockey League, announced today that goaltender Niklas Svedberg has been named to the 2012-13 AHL First All-Star Team.

2012-13 AHL First All-Star Team
    G - Niklas Svedberg, Providence Bruins (45gp, 34-8-2, 2.18gaa, .924sv%, 4so"

He's having a Fred Lynn season!

How does the best player at his position in the league not win rookie of the year?  Stunning.  Bizarre.  Svedberg was robbed.  Good for Toffoli, but Svedberg was robbed I tells ya!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1114

The Providence Bruins, in their 21st season in the American Hockey League, announced today that goaltender Niklas Svedberg has been named to the 2012-13 AHL First All-Star Team.

He's having a Fred Lynn season!

How does the best player at his position in the league not win rookie of the year?  Stunning.  Bizarre.  Svedberg was robbed.  Good for Toffoli, but Svedberg was robbed I tells ya!

Not the worst thing in the world Toffoli had a ridiculous season.

Svedberg just made Khudobin expendable which makes PC's job easier....good for the organization all around!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Svedberg just made Khudobin expendable which makes PC's job easier....good for the organization all around!

No, no the Bruins need Mike Smith. Not enough expierence for Svedberg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Following up with the link to Zach Trotman's 1st pro scrap.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117330

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Following up with the link to Zach Trotman's 1st pro scrap.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117330

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Poor guy , not a good 1st bout , he got hit with some nasty shots.

I actually prefer this from Spooner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7z7vibbAeE&feature=youtu.be&a

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Camara's Colts meet Subban's Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals starting this Friday.

While Griffith's Knights await the winner of the Owen Sound - ex-Bruins draft pick Cody Payne's Plymouth Whalers in the West.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 6h

Hutch gets start for @AHLBruins tonite in Springfield. Whitfield, Tardif, Knight get night off. Warsofsky out with minor injury . .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 6h

Koko, Cross, Fallstrom & Lindblad, all healthy scratches on Friday, will play tonight. Pro debut for Dartmouth's Lindblad

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

You realize you completely missed the point on that other thread, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You and I miss on a point ? only PCs "Cool Cap managment" will tell...

I have Khudobin to point out on my prediction last season and yours ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Congrats to Yale d-man Rob O'Gara on the National Championship win over Quinnipiac.  O'Gara picked up an assist in the 4-0 win. 

O'Gara, a 2011 5th round pick of the Bruins, finished his Freshman season at Yale with 0-7-7 in 37 games (32 PIMs).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let's recap what my "prediction" was.  I wouldn't let Rask walk and make Svedberg the starter in Boston next year.  That was the discussion.  It came from shupe's suggestion that if Rask won't sign for $5M or less (he won't - he's among the statistical leaders in the key categories and will look to get paid among the leaders), then they should let him walk.

1.  2011 AHL first All-Star Goaltender?  Yann Danis.  NHL Career 53 starts with a .910 and 2.75.

2. in 2011-12, Ben Scrivens, Danis, and Cedrick Desjardins were the top goalies in the A.

3. 2010-11, top goalies were Curtis Sanford, Brad Thiessen and Mark Dekanich.

4. The Bastien has gone to a number of goalies who have gone on to prove successful at the NHL level.  Recent examples are Bernier, Schnieder, and Ryan Miller.  Of those three, Bernier and Schneider have served or are serving as back-ups, not jumping into starting roles for contenders.  In fact, among Bastien winners going back to '83, Miller's had easily the most impressive NHL career - rivalled only by two former Bruins, Felix Potvin and John Casey, and two former Sabres in Roloson and Biron.  The list of guys who went on to be spot work backups in the NHL is much longer.

5. Jim Carey was a Bastien award winner who then won the Calder and Vezina in the NHL.  The next year, he couldn't stop a thing.  One year of success, or a year of success in the A followed by a year of success in the NHL, is not a guarantee that a guy is ready to be The Guy.

6. What all of these guys have or have not done is irrelevant to what Svedberg might do except in one key area: planning.  Svedberg may be the next great European-trained goalie.  The Bruins may decided to trade Rask because they can't keep two guys who are top 5-6 goalies.  But we don't know that that's what Svedberg will do based on one year if success in the A, so it would be irresponsible to ditch Tuukka Rask and lay the starter's role on Svedberg next year.  This has always been my point. 

Dog, are you saying you want the Bruins to put all their eggs in the Svedberg basket?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Let's recap what my "prediction" was.  I wouldn't let Rask walk and make Svedberg the starter in Boston next year.  That was the discussion.  It came from shupe's suggestion that if Rask won't sign for $5M or less (he won't - he's among the statistical leaders in the key categories and will look to get paid among the leaders), then they should let him walk.

But we don't know that that's what Svedberg will do based on one year if success in the A, so it would be irresponsible to ditch Tuukka Rask and lay the starter's role on Svedberg next year.  This has always been my point. 

Dog, are you saying you want the Bruins to put all their eggs in the Svedberg basket?

I have seen enough of Svedberg to know that he can and would be a viable back up to Tuukka when PC lets Khodobin walk. If you can't see it or will have issues with the Bruins AHL stud, like others had at the begining of this season with Khudobin, I can't help you. You and I also know PC isn't going to let Rask walk even if his agent insits on $6M.

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1118

In other more pressing news Carter Camper helps the PBruins to another victory.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Subban OHL player of the week.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/malcolm-subban-is-ohl-player-of-week/142637

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

But we don't know that that's what Svedberg will do based on one year if success in the A, so it would be irresponsible to ditch Tuukka Rask and lay the starter's role on Svedberg next year.  This has always been my point. 

I have seen enough of Svedberg to know that he can and would be a viable back up to Tuukka when PC lets Khodobin walk. If you can't see it or will have issues with the Bruins AHL stud, like others had at the begining of this season with Khudobin, I can't help you. You and I also know PC isn't going to let Rask walk even if his agent insits on $6M.

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1118

In other more pressing news Carter Camper helps the PBruins to another victory.

I have no problem with him as a backup.  I assume that's the plan.  But you jumped on me because I said they shouldn't make him the starter in Boston when he hasn't played a single NHL game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only thing I jumped on was that allot of posters, the same ones that didn't trust Chiarelli in his Kudobin trust, didn't think Svedberg would be ready for the NHL next season. I think i've only said about a thousand times Rask isn't going anywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well then we agree, so what's your problem? (emoticon that indicates amusement)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peanut Butter in chocalate mix up, not that bad a mistake. Nite suggested lots of high draft for Rask would suffice, then Kudobin and Svedberg could hack it next year you objected (obviously). I never mentioned Svedberg as a starter nor Khudobin as a Boston starter. I think you thought I was siding with Nite and I didn't understand your observation of Svedberg at that time.

I do believe Khudobin will be a starter next season just not in Boston, I also predict certain posters will say Svedberg should get more starts when Rask has a few bad games next season, like this season with Khudobin.

Chiarelli has a great goalie problem especially if he can get Volden over hear.

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1124

"Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, April 16, that the team has assigned Jordan Caron to Providence (American Hockey League).

Caron skated in 17 games with Boston this season and registered one goal and two assists for three points with a +1 rating.Prior to joining Boston, Caron appeared in 44 games with Providence, where the 22-year-old notched 10 goals and five assists for 15 points with 38 penalty minutes"

He had plenty of time, plenty of games too bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I imagine someone is going to look at Khudobin as a bargain investment first-stringer, but I'm not sure who that will be.  Maybe the Devils?  Maybe Calgary with Kiprusoff retiring?  I can imagine you having a field day if it's Phoenix deciding to move on from Mike Smith!  I don't see many other potential landing spots if he's dead set on being the starter.  Maybe if Philly buys out Bryzgalov?  Maybe Colorado or Florida bring him in to compete with Varlamov or Markstrom?  Not a ton of options.

On Caron: his productivity in Providence was an enormous disappointment, and the vain hope that he would be better playing with better players never came to pass.  That's now three straight years of Bruins first rounders failing to make the cut by the end of their EL deals (as I type this, I see Colborne is currently with the Leafs...it won't last).  Now, they have a lot of company on that front, and there are only a few teams who've been really successful over that stretch (2007-09), but it breaks down to three groups: Teams that had high picks (say, Chicago), teams that got more or less shutout (given Caron's and Hamill's production in their limited time, I put them here) and teams that hit 1 of 3.  It will be curious to see if they bother to re-sign him next year; no room for him at the Providence Inn on a winning club, either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Car on  never earned the start up in the first place, hopefully it fueled Spooner to understand what is needed of him. Caron has had opportunities above the 4th line and he is a stall, has needed a spark and a couple of times he has looked like he might have it but could never get it in first, just spun his tires without burning any rubber.

Funny but the earliest prospect report, omitted what I hope will be our great reward in Soda, back in Oct.  They didn't even list the SEL in their league legend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Also on Car, I actually thought he would make it from juniors, but he has not played physical enough for his size like he was asked to do for the Can Jrs.   Confidence or competence, perhaps he has lost both.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MarkDivver

"Chris Bourque -- a huge addition for the playoffs -- has been cleared to play this weekend, Butch Cassidy says"

Things really, really falling in place for the PBruins!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Caron was the only player on the team who didn't need to clear waivers.  He will have a career in the Nhl whether it's with the Bruins or not. All can feel free to remind me of what I said if Caron isn't skating as a regular somewhere next season or sooner. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Caron was the only player on the team who didn't need to clear waivers.  He will have a career in the Nhl whether it's with the Bruins or not. All can feel free to remind me of what I said if Caron isn't skating as a regular somewhere next season or sooner. 

Anyone is usually welcomed from Bos that has played 3-4th line mins under CJ, he has to go sooner than later tho, time does run down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Anyone is usually welcomed from Bos that has played 3-4th line mins under CJ, he has to go sooner than later tho, time does run down.

Goat, not exactly on topic but I really like Providence's chances to win the Calder Cup. 

Sections
Shortcuts