Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

Last night's game a bit of a yawner compared to the Quebec games. Subban played half a game turning aside 9 without giving up any. Out of those 9 maybe 1 or 2 were real scoring chances.

Russian's win 2-1 on a pair of late goals.

---------

Sandog wears thongs on the California beaches to impress the women/men.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Lucic didn't score 20 goals until his 4th year in the nhl. Marchand never scored 20 goals in the ahl but he has in the nhl. All I'm saying is when injuries set in and they need grit the call up next season will most likely be camara. Spooner need to put on size or he will get bumped around in the nhl. Knight can never stay healthy. Camper is to small, so is Cunningham. Sauve will get looks but the kid has no heart. He will be in his fourth year in the ahl this is his last chance to show something. If their is no nhl season and camara posts 60+ Pts in the ohl and has a good showing at camp he could easily be the bench guy. Kid can fight, good physicality on the ice and has shown a scoring touch this season. He is only one season behind were lucic was at this point in his development and lucic went straight to the nhl. next season camara could surprise lot of people. He could be the next power winger in a spoked b.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Subban picks up a couple of 2nd star's Friday and Saturday. Friday's 2-0 loss had him giving up a late goal . EN goal followed. Not really that busy.

Much busier last night with highlight reel saves. The Bulls give up a late one again and then lose in OT 4-3. The last 3 goals were a combined less then 10' ( goal crease goals ). I missed the first goal. He actually played better giving up 4 last night then he did giving up 1 the night before. A big reason for his team coming away with at least a point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpyeWj5U4CU&feature=g-all-u

Matt Grzelcyk scores his 1st NCAA goal for BU vs BC 11/11/12

PS. And Chowda I only roll with Southern Comfort...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygeWsoYYMuQ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpyeWj5U4CU&feature=g-all-u

Matt Grzelcyk scores his 1st NCAA goal for BU vs BC 11/11/12

PS. And Chowda I only roll with Southern Comfort...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygeWsoYYMuQ

[/QUOTE]

You've been working out !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Malcom Subban interview.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/48825-VIDEO-Oneonone-with-Boston-Bruins-prospect-Malcolm-Subban.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Subban picks up a couple of 2nd star's Friday and Saturday. Friday's 2-0 loss had him giving up a late goal . EN goal followed. Not really that busy.

Much busier last night with highlight reel saves. The Bulls give up a late one again and then lose in OT 4-3. The last 3 goals were a combined less then 10' ( goal crease goals ). I missed the first goal. He actually played better giving up 4 last night then he did giving up 1 the night before. A big reason for his team coming away with at least a point.

[/QUOTE]

Ya I feel bad for subban the team he is surrounded by are awful, he has not one talented winger on his team. The team leader in pts is his brother a dmen, kid has been losing one goal games all year. He still is hanging in their though third in the ohl in gaa, he might become far better then I ever thought. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ya I feel bad for subban the team he is surrounded by are awful, he has not one talented winger on his team. The team leader in pts is his brother a dmen, kid has been losing one goal games all year. He still is hanging in their though third in the ohl in gaa, he might become far better then I ever thought. 

[/QUOTE]

Having been a goalie up to div2 college (not Subban level I know), it's a blessing for him to be on a crappy team.  The more action the better.   The only difficulty of being on a good team is keeping up your concentration.

I talked to Bernie Parent when I was a young teenager (long time ago) and he told me two things.

- For goalie, it's fun to be on a bad team.  Of course you want to win, but it can be boring.

- To be a goalie, you have to have a strange mindset.  You have to want your defense to screw up so you can get a chance at the puck.  If you hope for your defense to make a play, youre not confident enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Up until Oshawa won late last night the Bulls were in 1st place....... Crappy team.

Brendan Gaunce was picked in the 1st round , two spots behind Subban. Daniil Zharkov picked in the 3rd....... Both awful forwards.

What Subban might become compared to whatever you thought he would are not worth anything considering you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Link please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

zharkov- 19 games 9 pts

gaunce- 11 games 9pts

sound like real world beaters, the round your drafted in doesn't matter remember its production. so you must not know what your talking about. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Up until Oshawa won late last night the Bulls were in 1st place....... Crappy team.

Brendan Gaunce was picked in the 1st round , two spots behind Subban. Daniil Zharkov picked in the 3rd....... Both awful forwards.

What Subban might become compared to whatever you thought he would are not worth anything considering you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Link please.

[/QUOTE]

Chowdah, it's hard to expect much from a guy that judges players based solely on the list of scoring leaders. Apparently, Heyoo must've gone to the BadHab school of scouting where they're taught to look at both sides of a hockey card while spouting random buzzwords to describe the skill set of the player in the picture.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Link please.

[/QUOTE]

Chowdah, it's hard to expect much from a guy that judges players based solely on the list of scoring leaders. Apparently, Heyoo must've gone to the BadHab school of scouting where they're taught to look at both sides of a hockey card while spouting random buzzwords to describe the skill set of the player in the picture.

[/QUOTE]

We are forgetting his opinions are from a secret CHL web site which he watches for free. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

zharkov- 19 games 9 pts

gaunce- 11 games 9pts

sound like real world beaters, the round your drafted in doesn't matter remember its production. so you must not know what your talking about. 

[/QUOTE]

In the current Subway series, Gaunce ( injured ) was picked for the Team OHL roster and Zharkov picked for Team Russia....... awful players don't get picked to play in this tourney. FYI it's usually the good ones. 

Statistics didn't matter to Russian and Canadian coaches. They know what they're talking about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If I visit BDC, thses are the best threads!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Production is the measuring stick for all players it's nothing new unless you were born yesterday. If a winger is scoring 40 goals a year and the other is scoring 5 who is the more valuable player pretty simple. There in the ohl a scoring league and dman who isnt ranked in the top 100 prospects for this year has better numbers. I would not be to high on these draft picks if they cannot produce in the ohl. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Production is the measuring stick for all players it's nothing new unless you were born yesterday. If a winger is scoring 40 goals a year and the other is scoring 5 who is the more valuable player pretty simple. There in the ohl a scoring league and dman who isnt ranked in the top 100 prospects for this year has better numbers. I would not be to high on these draft picks if they cannot produce in the ohl. 

[/QUOTE]

You're right . They're awful.

Link please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That must be why scouts and GMs pick players based solely on stats. Wait a minute........they don't do that at all do they? By your "logic" (or lack thereof), guys like Lupul and Pominville are better than Bergeron. Just leave the hockey talk to people that know what they're talking about. If we need help with creating a lie about non-existent links, you'll be the first person called. BTW, your grammar is atrocious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

+/- is a stat using that along with production Bergeron is clearly the most productive player out of the three. So you would not be using my logic my friend. As for my grammar we all have bad grammar on this blog. " btw" is not a word pal hence you used bad grammar. Anytime you want to add an opinion I'd like to hear it instead of knocking down post without any hockey iq which you think you have. 

Bergy- + 36

lupul-+1

Pominville- -7

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

+/- is a stat using that along with production Bergeron is clearly the most productive player out of the three. So you would not be using my logic my friend. As for my grammar we all have bad grammar on this blog. " btw" is not a word pal hence you used bad grammar. Anytime you want to add an opinion I'd like to hear it instead of knocking down post without any hockey iq which you think you have. 

Bergy- + 36

lupul-+1

Pominville- -7

[/QUOTE]

In his draft year Brendan Gaunce had more points (68) then forwards Radek Faksa (67) , Tom Wilson (27) and Scott Laughton (58) from the OHL who were all picked ahead of him in the first round.

His production was the best.

Please explain why he wasn't picked ahead of them ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Bergy- + 36

lupul-+1

Pominville- -7

[/QUOTE]

Why am I not surprised you don't know what an acronym is? You're so simple that you should be banned from using the word logic. My opinion is that yours is worthless but thanks for asking. Oh yeah, that +/- argument of yours has taken your stupidity to new heights. Congratulations.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Watching  Camara at camp I thought he was out of place as Chowda is well aware.  Now I look at his stats and see that upward progression that IMO is a very positive sign.  So in this case my 'over reliance on stats' (said Dez at least once) is proving me wrong - using my own private jr. stat analysis.  I wish the Bruins staff could find more of these.

And I'll say again that stats certainly aren't the be all end all for evaluating juniors.  My point was and is that the Bruins scouting staff should be able to pick them much better than I can using only stats and central scouting without seeing any of these guys.  Again, the Bruins could have had Tyler Toffoli and John McFarland over Knight and Spooner.  Let time tell if my amateur and unprofessional way of  evaluating picks is better than the Bruins, it SHOULD NOT BE.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watching  Camara at camp I thought he was out of place as Chowda is well aware.  Now I look at his stats and see that upward progression that IMO is a very positive sign.  So in this case my 'over reliance on stats' (said Dez at least once) is proving me wrong - using my own private jr. stat analysis.  I wish the Bruins staff could find more of these.

And I'll say again that stats certainly aren't the be all end all for evaluating juniors.  My point was and is that the Bruins scouting staff should be able to pick them much better than I can using only stats and central scouting without seeing any of these guys.  Again, the Bruins could have had Tyler Toffoli and John McFarland over Knight and Spooner.  Let time tell if my amateur and unprofessional way of  evaluating picks is better than the Bruins, it SHOULD NOT BE.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize these two were tearing it up as pros. Actually they aren't . Go check your precious stats and you'll see they have less points then Spooner. Knight has been injured.

You're right, it SHOULD NOT BE YOU.........and so far it hasn't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize these two were tearing it up as pros. Actually they aren't . Go check your precious stats and you'll see they have less points then Spooner. Knight has been injured.

You're right, it SHOULD NOT BE YOU.........and so far it hasn't.

[/QUOTE]

Time will tell, and it ain't time yet for Toffoli and McFarland.

And also for Kiril Kabanov.

Another guy, didn't like his stats and I didn't like his play - Tommy Cross.  He has 15 pts in 16 games - in the ECHL. 

Dez, I have forgotten my bet, was it $100 I cough up to charity if Cross sees a regular season NHL game?  Or does anyone remember.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Time will tell, and it ain't time yet for Toffoli and McFarland.

And also for Kiril Kabanov.

Another guy, didn't like his stats and I didn't like his play - Tommy Cross.  He has 15 pts in 16 games - in the ECHL. 

Dez, I have forgotten my bet, was it $100 I cough up to charity if Cross sees a regular season NHL game?  Or does anyone remember.

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember but that sounds good enough for me. I'm glad to hear Cross is tearing it up in the Coast. I'm sure you probably feel as if Cross was demoted to the Coast when in reality, he's there so he can log big minutes playing pro hockey. Who's closer to playing in Boston, Cross or Button?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well it sure as hel ain't Krug.

Curious to see Svedberg play - anyone been out?  Huge disparity between his numbers and Hutchinson's.  Svedberg has a 1.83 GAA and is 4-2-0 to Hutchinson's 3.52 0-4-1.

P-Bruins seem to have trouble scoring 5 on 5, which explains why the team's +/- numbers look terrible.  Oh, that and they're terrible.

Sections
Shortcuts