Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time will tell, and it ain't time yet for Toffoli and McFarland.

And also for Kiril Kabanov.

Another guy, didn't like his stats and I didn't like his play - Tommy Cross.  He has 15 pts in 16 games - in the ECHL. 

Dez, I have forgotten my bet, was it $100 I cough up to charity if Cross sees a regular season NHL game?  Or does anyone remember.

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember but that sounds good enough for me. I'm glad to hear Cross is tearing it up in the Coast. I'm sure you probably feel as if Cross was demoted to the Coast when in reality, he's there so he can log big minutes playing pro hockey. Who's closer to playing in Boston, Cross or Button?

[/QUOTE]

I only have their stats to look at and of course I can't really make a fair judgement using only stats, but to me they look equally far from the NHL, maybe Button a hair closer for no other reason than he's been around longer.

Why is Cross with the Stingrays rather than Reading?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Watching  Camara at camp I thought he was out of place as Chowda is well aware.  Now I look at his stats and see that upward progression that IMO is a very positive sign.  So in this case my 'over reliance on stats' (said Dez at least once) is proving me wrong - using my own private jr. stat analysis.  I wish the Bruins staff could find more of these.

And I'll say again that stats certainly aren't the be all end all for evaluating juniors.  My point was and is that the Bruins scouting staff should be able to pick them much better than I can using only stats and central scouting without seeing any of these guys.  Again, the Bruins could have had Tyler Toffoli and John McFarland over Knight and Spooner.  Let time tell if my amateur and unprofessional way of  evaluating picks is better than the Bruins, it SHOULD NOT BE.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize these two were tearing it up as pros. Actually they aren't . Go check your precious stats and you'll see they have less points then Spooner. Knight has been injured.

You're right, it SHOULD NOT BE YOU.........and so far it hasn't.

[/QUOTE]

Another guy, didn't like his stats and I didn't like his play - Tommy Cross.  He has 15 pts in 16 games - in the ECHL. 

Dez, I have forgotten my bet, was it $100 I cough up to charity if Cross sees a regular season NHL game?  Or does anyone remember.

[/QUOTE]

Knight and Spooner are from the same draft as McFarland and Toffoli. If you're going to say "it ain't their time yet" shouldn't this include everyone ?

P.S. I remember the bet. It was if Cross made it to the ECHL you would pay $100 to dez and $100 to me.

( actually it was if Cross played 1 game over 82 you'd donate $200 to the charity of dez' choice )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Watching  Camara at camp I thought he was out of place as Chowda is well aware.  Now I look at his stats and see that upward progression that IMO is a very positive sign.  So in this case my 'over reliance on stats' (said Dez at least once) is proving me wrong - using my own private jr. stat analysis.  I wish the Bruins staff could find more of these.

And I'll say again that stats certainly aren't the be all end all for evaluating juniors.  My point was and is that the Bruins scouting staff should be able to pick them much better than I can using only stats and central scouting without seeing any of these guys.  Again, the Bruins could have had Tyler Toffoli and John McFarland over Knight and Spooner.  Let time tell if my amateur and unprofessional way of  evaluating picks is better than the Bruins, it SHOULD NOT BE.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize these two were tearing it up as pros. Actually they aren't . Go check your precious stats and you'll see they have less points then Spooner. Knight has been injured.

You're right, it SHOULD NOT BE YOU.........and so far it hasn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Knight and Spooner are from the same draft as McFarland and Toffoli. If you're going to say "it ain't their time yet" shouldn't this include everyone ?

P.S. I remember the bet. It was if Cross made it to the ECHL you would pay $100 to dez and $100 to me.

( actually it was if Cross played 1 game over 82 you'd donate $200 to the charity of dez' choice )

[/QUOTE]

fair enough.  $200 if Cross plays in a regular season NHL game.

and yes, Spooner, Knight, Toffoli & McFarland all have the rest of their careers to prove me out (or not).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Cross prob has a good chance to make the nhl. Besides dougie our dmen prospects are pretty average at best. I'd be surprised if they didn't take 2 dmen with the first 3 picks of the upcoming draft. We need an inflow of dmen bad. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

FWIW from 

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ty-Anderson/Farmville-Prospect-updates-Former-Bruin-charged-in-shooting-death/141/47520

re: Tommy Cross

Below the AHL ranks, it’s been a strong start in the ECHL for B’s defensive prospect Tommy Cross. After failing to make the P-Bruins’ eight defensemen cut in September, Cross had chimed in with five goals and 10 assists in 16 games for the South Carolina Stingrays, tops among ECHL d-men. While it'€™s important to take those gaudy figures with a grain of salt (It'€™s the ECHL after all), the next step will be forcing his way into the P-Bruins€™ lineup, something that'€™s proved to be difficult for the 6-foot-3 blue-liner.

This doesn't sound like he has a good chance to make the nhl, at least not to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

fair enough.  $200 if Cross plays in a regular season NHL game.

and yes, Spooner, Knight, Toffoli & McFarland all have the rest of their careers to prove me out (or not).

[/QUOTE]

Actually it was his 83rd game not first so your donation has a ways to go before it happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cross prob has a good chance to make the nhl. Besides dougie our dmen prospects are pretty average at best. I'd be surprised if they didn't take 2 dmen with the first 3 picks of the upcoming draft. We need an inflow of dmen bad. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, playing in the ECHL equates to having a good chance of making the NHL. 

Good observation !

Let's see how he does in the AHL before we promote him to the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Subban with a first star in a 35 save shootout 2-1 win.

Hamilton picks up a pair of helpers in a 5-2 win. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Seth Griffith with a third star, a goal and three assists including the OT winner in a 4-3 win.

Koko takes 'Player of the Game' honours for Russia over the WHL in a 5-2 win. A goal and an assist. 

Anthony Camara ( third star ) scores the game winner on a bad giveaway with 5 minutes left in a tie game . The Sarnia defensemen tried to go with a cross ice pass to his d-partner. It was hard and off the ice but Camara picked it out of the air . Impressive hand-eye co-ordination. Didn't think he had it in him.  He was directly in front of the goalie fifteen feet out and buried it.

Camara was ornery last night taking a couple of roughing penalties.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Seth Griffith with a third star, a goal and three assists including the OT winner in a 4-3 win.

Koko takes 'Player of the Game' honours for Russia over the WHL in a 5-2 win. A goal and an assist. 

Anthony Camara ( third star ) scores the game winner on a bad giveaway with 5 minutes left in a tie game . The Sarnia defensemen tried to go with a cross ice pass to his d-partner. It was hard and off the ice but Camara picked it out of the air . Impressive hand-eye co-ordination. Didn't think he had it in him.  He was directly in front of the goalie fifteen feet out and buried it.

[/QUOTE]

Love him !  did he save his Gi-Joe beard ?

I read somewhere Seth Griffith is a clutch player.  Unfortunetely for me the 2 games I've seen him play he looked okay but this kid is 2nd in the OHL in scoring , i know I'm missing something. 

The last game he played with the OHL Allstars I could see what a smart player he is on the ice and could understand why he's racking up the points in London. Just for him to be part of that team proves I just haven't seen enough from the him. I hope he makes the WJ team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Love him !  did he save his Gi-Joe beard ?

I read somewhere Seth Griffith is a clutch player.  Unfortunetely for me the 2 games I've seen him play he looked okay but this kid is 2nd in the OHL in scoring , i know I'm missing something. 

The last game he played with the OHL Allstars I could see what a smart player he is on the ice and could understand why he's racking up the points in London. Just for him to be part of that team proves I just haven't seen enough from the him. I hope he makes the WJ team.

[/QUOTE]

Yes you are. His name is Scheifele. 

And yes he still has the beard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Tough night for Subban in a 5-1 loss. Two screened goals , a deflection and a point blank range shot that beat him. The 5th goal I missed watching another game.

Speaking of another game, Griffith scored on a breakaway, picking the glove side a couple of feet off the ice while battling a fluttering puck. He also had a pair of assists. First star.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Subban vs. Cody Payne.

Subban lets in a couple of goals of the weaker variety. Not many quality scoring chances against him. He did make a couple of nice saves with his glove hand though.

Cody Payne ? Totally invisible with little ice time. 

Subban's Bulls win 3-2 in OT.

Dougie, in an afternoon tilt picks up an assist in a win.

Solid defensively except for a couple of misses on hits. Luke Mercer, his defense partner covers up for him. One thing I really like about his play on the PP is he keeps his shots low and looks to shoot them at teammates so they can deflect them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Subban vs. Cody Payne.

Subban lets in a couple of goals of the weaker variety. Not many quality scoring chances against him. He did make a couple of nice saves with his glove hand though.

Solid defensively except for a couple of misses on hits. Luke Mercer, his defense partner covers up for him. One thing I really like about his play on the PP is he keeps his shots low and looks to shoot them at teammates so they can deflect them.

[/QUOTE]

He's bored.  BTW can he play in the WJC ?  The other day Bob McKnezie was talking about D-men and didn't have Hamilton on the list of guys he thinks would make the team ? 

AND .... i did this without replying to Bookboy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Subban vs. Cody Payne.

[/QUOTE]

He's bored.  BTW can he play in the WJC ?  The other day Bob McKnezie was talking about D-men and didn't have Hamilton on the list of guys he thinks would make the team ? 

[/QUOTE]

The tournament is for juniors. He is playing in a junior league therefore.............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Subban vs. Cody Payne.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The tournament is for juniors. He is playing in a junior league therefore.............

[/QUOTE]

I thought the WJC cut off was 18? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It must've threw you for a loop then when Bergeron played alongside Crosby after having already played a full NHL season. The tourney is actually called the IIHF World U(nder)20 Tournament.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It must've threw you for a loop then when Bergeron played alongside Crosby after having already played a full NHL season. The tourney is actually called the IIHF World U(nder)20 Tournament.

[/QUOTE]

Ok that's what Chowda said to me in another post. Sorry Dez, but I asked Chowda in another post about certain players that could be eligible to play in this WJC's. He said the cut-off was 20 when I asked if 21 yr olds were still allowed to play JR. I made a mistake about the 18 comment. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok that's what Chowda said to me in another post. Sorry Dez, but I asked Chowda in another post about certain players that could be eligible to play in this WJC's. He said the cut-off was 20 when I asked if 21 yr olds were still allowed to play JR. I made a mistake about the 18 comment. 

[/QUOTE]

Just breaking your balls Nite, you magnificent bastard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes 21 year olds are allowed to play junior hockey. As overagers and a limited number (3) per team.

But not in the WJHC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just breaking your balls Nite, you magnificent b....

[/QUOTE]

Hey! WTH...How come when I try to type the b word it says I have to change it! It's cause I'm a goalie isn't it? Miserable bunch of bas...ugh! nevermind!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Went to the PBruins-Bridgeport game yesterday, wholly crud do they stink!

Jim Weimer and Hal Gill could put on a skating clinic around the P-Bruins defenseman except Trotman he is has some skills.

Sorry to any BU Terrier fans Colby Cohen is awful. I didn't see him make one good decesion all night. Then Cassidy throws Cohen out as a forward for good measure brilliant. To save face a bit for Terrier fans Warsofsky did blast a beauty right before the end of the 2nd period to tie the game but made up for it the rest of the game.

Trotman is the only defensman that I could see Sweeney working with to make a 5-6 NHL defensman, maybe.

Cunningham is the only forward on the team that is remotely close to Spooner in hockey sense. Knows where to be, best in the corner(s) on the team, is a constent hustler and is an excellent defender/PK player. Just doesn't have the size or NHL shot/release.

Spooner is awesome, flat out awesome to watch! Size might be a factor but his hockey sense rating is through the roof. Super confident with the puck, but needs to change a bit to a shoot first mentality instead of pass 1st.

If Hansen had some decent hands and could skate. I would have give him an outside chance at a 4th line on a small market team but he is an AHL plug.

If Caron plays with the big Bruins like he did last night I will never stick up for him on this board again. Beat in the corners badly, didn't throw a check with that big frame not once and was out of position all night. Looked totally out of place and disinterested.

Svedberg should have had 3 of his 5 goals, 2 of the goals I could not hang on the kid. That I would do to Cohen, undressed all night. 

Glad I got my ticket for free couldn't wait to get out of and away from the Dunk last night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nice report Dawg, I guess you didn't see your boy again , HE'S HURT !  again LOL

Back out East for the holidays ? a little turkey ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Legion I did see Rico Sauve walking around in his suit, he's used to that by now, he was in the Providence pro shop demanding they take down the Arniel jerseys and put more of his jerseys up lol. The way he played the last few games after his hot start it would not have mattered yesterday.

Yep down at the Cape for some Turkey. No Wrentham outlet stores this time around though...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Went to the PBruins-Bridgeport game yesterday, wholly crud do they stink!

Jim Weimer and Hal Gill could put on a skating clinic around the P-Bruins defenseman except Trotman he is has some skills.

Sorry to any BU Terrier fans Colby Cohen is awful. I didn't see him make one good decesion all night. Then Cassidy throws Cohen out as a forward for good measure brilliant. To save face a bit for Terrier fans Warsofsky did blast a beauty right before the end of the 2nd period to tie the game but made up for it the rest of the game.

Trotman is the only defensman that I could see Sweeney working with to make a 5-6 NHL defensman, maybe.

Cunningham is the only forward on the team that is remotely close to Spooner in hockey sense. Knows where to be, best in the corner(s) on the team, is a constent hustler and is an excellent defender/PK player. Just doesn't have the size or NHL shot/release.

Spooner is awesome, flat out awesome to watch! Size might be a factor but his hockey sense rating is through the roof. Super confident with the puck, but needs to change a bit to a shoot first mentality instead of pass 1st.

If Hansen had some decent hands and could skate. I would have give him an outside chance at a 4th line on a small market team but he is an AHL plug.

If Caron plays with the big Bruins like he did last night I will never stick up for him on this board again. Beat in the corners badly, didn't throw a check with that big frame not once and was out of position all night. Looked totally out of place and disinterested.

Svedberg should have had 3 of his 5 goals, 2 of the goals I could not hang on the kid. That I would do to Cohen, undressed all night. 

Glad I got my ticket for free couldn't wait to get out of and away from the Dunk last night.

[/QUOTE]

San, my scout friend told me that was the worst game he's seen Caron play all year and suspected he might be nursing an injury. He also said Spooner is really starting to dominate now that he's a little more comfortable as a pro.