Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

In response to kelvana33's comment: [QUOTE] In response to SanDogBrewin's comment: [QUOTE] http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/995

"Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, in their 21st season in the American Hockey League, announced today that the Boston Bruins have reassigned Tommy Cross to Providence from the South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL).

Cross skated in 22 games for the Stingrays since being assigned on October 11. The 6'3", 210-pound defenseman led the team in scoring with 17 points on six goals and 11 assists.

Cross, a four-year product of Boston College, joined Providence at the end of the 2011-12 season for two games. Boston's second round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft won two NCAA Championships while at Boston College."

[/QUOTE] Thats interesting. Led the team in scoring. Just looked att he roster and saw that BU product and Lightning pick Courtnall is on the team. [/QUOTE]

Son of undrafted former Bruin Geoff Courtnall, did not know that. Those 7th rounders sure can creep up on yah.

EDIT: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/a4d78ec3d11c7185fe7ffa652a4fc3af

Looks like Camara can pass it back to Scheifele as well. The Colts have a real good first line for sure...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment: [QUOTE]The Chud: 7th round pick with zero profile or expectations becomes future dark horse blueline kingpin after two good KHL years. 

This will help whenever minor league or European stats get you worked up about a low-level prospect. http://www.diy-hunting-and-outdoors.com/salt-lick.html [/QUOTE]

I remembered Olsonic's classic thread "Things to do while we wait for the Kessel decesion" from a few years back as I clicked on your link. So I decided to build a birdhouse instead, I like Bambi too much.

Funny when I read the article on TSN about Seguin's scoring, I didn't think about his progress as a pro hockey player. I though about how cool it would be scoring all those French-Swiss-Viking goddesses after the games...

Yah the season needs to start soon.

[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Oh to be young and sickly talented.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, this is a bit crazy - despite the possibility that the lockout will make many many players available for the WJHC who wouldn't have been under normal circumstances - Bob McKenzie is suggesting that Camara could be in the running for a 3rd/4th line wing spot on the Canadian team.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410489

That's crazy talk.  But I'll grasp at that straw.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment: [QUOTE]The Chud: 7th round pick with zero profile or expectations becomes future dark horse blueline kingpin after two good KHL years. 

This will help whenever minor league or European stats get you worked up about a low-level prospect. http://www.diy-hunting-and-outdoors.com/salt-lick.html [/QUOTE]

I remembered Olsonic's classic thread "Things to do while we wait for the Kessel decesion" from a few years back as I clicked on your link. So I decided to build a birdhouse instead, I like Bambi too much.

Funny when I read the article on TSN about Seguin's scoring, I didn't think about his progress as a pro hockey player. I though about how cool it would be scoring all those French-Swiss-Viking goddesses after the games...

Yah the season needs to start soon.

[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Oh to be young and sickly talented.

[/QUOTE]

This what we have been reduced to, yet I concur.  Youth does have it's shine in the rays of the sun.  Thanks for rising the temperature of the subliminial and digressing from the sensitivity. 

Always a good read Book!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Okay, this is a bit crazy - despite the possibility that the lockout will make many many players available for the WJHC who wouldn't have been under normal circumstances - Bob McKenzie is suggesting that Camara could be in the running for a 3rd/4th line wing spot on the Canadian team.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410489

That's crazy talk.  But I'll grasp at that straw.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously as an energy type player. Decent skater ( sorry badhab, another attack ) and physical who likes to hit. For that team it's how he'd make it ..........in that role.

Oh and he's good at collecting garbage around the net as proven this year with Scheifele.

Hey........ maybe they pair those two up on a third line ( they have good chemistry ) just like the possibilities of pairing up Strome and Ritchie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, yeah - for all that he's 15th in the OHL in scoring, tied with phenom McDavid, a point behind Hamilton, and two behind the projected top 5 pick Monahan, Camara wouldn't have a hope of playing a top six or better role.  If Nugent-Hopkins is available? And Huberdeau and Schiefele, both of whom I think would be in the NHL if there were an NHL?  If that's the top line, and Strome is a lock for the second line, there's a lot of talent ahead of Camara for a scoring role even before you look at undrafted guys like Mackinnon and Monahan.  But when I look at the other guys being tagged for possible 3/4 duty, guys I liked as potential Bruin picks like McNeill and Wilson, it's good to see Camara being considered along-side players I'd have been happy to see Boston get in the first round.

When you look at McKenzie's list, and if you assume he's mostly right, I don't know that Camara has a great shot.  Wilson's been great this year, McNeill's a moose, Ritchie has, as you said, been lights out with Strome so he might have that in his back pocket.  Add the need to bring along some guys who might return next year in more prominent roles, Mackinnon and Monahan, and you have a log jam Camara will have a hard time breaking through.

He might get some help from David Branch if Monahan throws another stupid hit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Oh, yeah - for all that he's 15th in the OHL in scoring, tied with phenom McDavid, a point behind Hamilton, and two behind the projected top 5 pick Monahan, Camara wouldn't have a hope of playing a top six or better role.  If Nugent-Hopkins is available? And Huberdeau and Schiefele, both of whom I think would be in the NHL if there were an NHL?  If that's the top line, and Strome is a lock for the second line, there's a lot of talent ahead of Camara for a scoring role even before you look at undrafted guys like Mackinnon and Monahan.  But when I look at the other guys being tagged for possible 3/4 duty, guys I liked as potential Bruin picks like McNeill and Wilson, it's good to see Camara being considered along-side players I'd have been happy to see Boston get in the first round.

When you look at McKenzie's list, and if you assume he's mostly right, I don't know that Camara has a great shot.  Wilson's been great this year, McNeill's a moose, Ritchie has, as you said, been lights out with Strome so he might have that in his back pocket.  Add the need to bring along some guys who might return next year in more prominent roles, Mackinnon and Monahan, and you have a log jam Camara will have a hard time breaking through.

He might get some help from David Branch if Monahan throws another stupid hit.

[/QUOTE]

They are loaded up the middle aren't they ? I can see one of Strome ( my pick ), Huberdeau or Scheifele moving to the wing if RNH was to play in the tourney. 

I'd love to see Monahan make it. Good player ! You know this more then anyone on here.

Ritchie's a lock in my opinion. Camara ? Longshot, but who knows ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Last night Dougie vs. Malcom Round 2.

Not much in the way of quality scoring chances directed at Subban until the game was decided and out of reach . Subban stoned Hamilton standing alone in front of him and made another save look casual on a Hamilton blast from the faceoff dot.

Heyoo's awful Belleville Bulls forwards buzzed the Dog's net all night long picking up 5 of the 6 goals. Belleville in a runaway 6-2. Round 2 goes to Subban after Dougie wins round 1 on Friday.

And whatever happened to.........

........Cody Payne ? First 10 games he went out like a house on fire. Since then whenever I've seen him play......invisible. That was a quick falling off the face of the hockey world.

But wait, good news from him last night..........a lone helper.

Tonight watching a little bit of Subban ( if he starts ) and a little bit of Camara in different games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Subban sits and Camara has a sleeper of a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens-hockey/2012/11/30/hockey-coach-jerry-york-closing-ncaa-record-for-wins/U52cncqsEzuALv0vVZNa7L/story.html

Nice article about Jerry York...BC at BU 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Seth Griffith with a 4 assists last night against Camara's Colts. Camara with multiple chances banging away at the puck in front of the Knight's goalie on different occasions gets a goose egg.

Hamilton with a pair of assists. Payne with the big zero again.

Griffith #2, Hamilton #12 and Camara #18 all in the top 20 in scoring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Payne with the big zero again ... He's American, what do you expect. Canadians have hockey in their blood more than other nationalities. See Griffith #2, Hamilton #12, and Camara #18 in OHL scoring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ai-Q. Show Ai-Q's posts

Whoops. Wrong place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Klaas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Payne with the big zero again ... He's American, what do you expect. Canadians have hockey in their blood more than other nationalities. See Griffith #2, Hamilton #12, and Camara #18 in OHL scoring.

[/QUOTE]

Alex Galchenyuk #6 and Vincent Trocheck #7. Both born in the States. Many Americans have played in the CHL and achieved.

Payne is getting the big zero because he's not playing well. Not because of his nationality.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Not trying to go the route that Canadians are better than Americans. But Canadians in general have a passion for hockey way more than say somebody from Florida.

Lots of Americans I know only try hockey because they flunked baseball, football, and basketball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Klaas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not trying to go the route that Canadians are better than Americans. But Canadians in general have a passion for hockey way more than say somebody from Florida.

Lots of Americans I know only try hockey because they flunked baseball, football, and basketball.

[/QUOTE]

If you're not trying to go that route, maybe next time you might want to leave out ......

...... He's American, what do you expect. 

P.S. Cody Payne does have a passion for the game otherwise why would he be playing ? Does having passion equal playing better. There are Canadians with passion that don't play so good either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/0e061ee511feed53041cda66688a66b8

"Seth Griffith scored not once but twice in the shootout to give the Knights a 4-3 win in a 19-round marathon shootout."

At the 2:00 minute and 3:20 mark for Griffith.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just posted the shootout thing on a separate thread.  Came here to say - Tommy Cross's first AHL weekend was a 2-0-1 weekend for the P-Bruins.  Cross had two assists and was +4

Providence is actually over .500 right now but still two points out of the top 8.  Spooner has cooled off, Camper and Cunningham are doing very little, Caron even less.  Bourque now sits atop the scoring for them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And for Providence, still no Jare.............oops.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

And for Providence, still no Jare.............oops.

[/QUOTE]
    That's because he's ........oops.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Ai-Q's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whoops. Wrong place.

[/QUOTE]

Hey honey...ya come here often?

I could show you around...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyonw know what the line pairings are in Providence right now?

I keep an eye on the stats and am wondering who the top pairings are.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Anyonw know what the line pairings are in Providence right now ? I keep an eye on the stats and am wondering who the top pairings are. 

Bourque-Spooner-Tardif

Sauve-Cunningham-Caron

Florek-MacKinnon-Hirshfeld

MacDermid-Hanson-Robins

The D: Exelby Warsofsky Cross Bartkowski Trotman Krug.

Don't know if Cassidy was told to put Tardif up a line with Spooner but when it happened Tardif started scorng more and Sauve's scoring went south. Camper was on the Cunningham-Sauve line but has been a healthy scratch lately. Hirshfeld has played well since coming up from South Carolina with Cross.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch, I usually try to figure out what they're rolling from the box scores.  The starting line is usually italicized, so that's a start.  Twice this last weekend, they started the game with MacDermid-Hanson-Robins, which is probably the 3rd line.  Top line is Spooner centering Tardif and Bourque.  ECHL call-up Alden Hirschfeld is playing with Justin Florek and Kyle MacKinnon (likely the 4th line...) leaving Sauve-Cunningham-Caron as the second line.  Though you can probably tell from their stats that it isn't exactly a dominant second line.  So - this is my guess:

Bourque-Spooner-Tardif, Sauve-Cunningham-Caron, MacDermid-Hanson-Robins, Hirschfeld-Mackinnon-Florek.

D pairings: Cross-Bartkowski, Warsofsky-Trotman, Krug-Cohen.  The Warsofsky-Trotman pairing had a good weekend with Trotman putting up a goal and 2 assists.  We've already discussed how Cross's first weekend went, but it also translated into Bartkowski tripling his point total for the season to 3 with two assists.  Luedeke better have known something we didn't when calling him a shut down D, because he isn't exactly making an offensive impact.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and the Dog confirms I can read a box score.  Exelby didn't play two games this weekend, so Cohen was in and Trotman moved, I guess.  Which brings me to another point - where does one get injury/roster news for the P-Bruins?  The team site is awful for transactions.