Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Early Bruins 2012-2013 Prospect Reports

http://bruinsblog.projo.com/

http://ahlbruins.tumblr.com/    https://twitter.com/ahlbruins

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver

Divver writes for the Providence Journal, easily the most informative. Covers the P-Bruins and all the local college hockey teams in Rhode Island.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Klaas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

And for Providence, still no Jare.............oops.

[/QUOTE]
    That's because he's ........oops.

[/QUOTE]

........with not as much passion for the game as.........oops.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks to Sandog and Book for the line combos.  Kind of what I expected.  I believe that Hirschfeld and Carter played together in college, on the same line at some point if I'm not mistaken.

Spooner looks to be productive, but it's hard to get excited about Bourque and Tardif as prospects, so I keep hoping to see Sauve, Caron, Camper, Cunningham, etc. surge forward.  Krug looks to be having a disappointing start too, as you expect an older NCAA-tested free agent  signing to be AHL productive, at least.  Glad to see Providence improving as a whole, but if they do it on the backs of veteran AHL guys, there isn't too much to get excited about for Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Not a Bruins prospect report but TSN's Craig Button comes out with his top 60 draft prospect list.

Seth Jones #1.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/28/donovan-mcnabbs-nephew-rockets-up-2013-draft-board-the-nhl-draft-board-that-is/

Donovan McNabbs nephew Darnell Nurse no less. Well at least Darnell won't be in charge of late come from behind drives in NFC Championship games lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

[QUOTE]

Not a Bruins prospect report but TSN's Craig Button comes out with his top 60 draft prospect list.

Seth Jones #1.

[/QUOTE]

I have a dumb question.

If there is no season, does that mean Edm has another 1st overall pick?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Babajingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seth Jones #1.

[/QUOTE]

I have a dumb question.

If there is no season, does that mean Edm has another 1st overall pick?

[/QUOTE]

The last time this happened they had a weighted lottery of all 30 teams. The amount of balls for each team depended on the number of playoff appearances in previous years.

So conceivably Edmonton could have that pick if the balls fall right for them. But it is not a given pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

OHL's Defenceman of the month for November

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"A four-time recipient of this award last season, Dougie Hamilton of the Niagara IceDogs claims the honour for November after leading OHL defencemen in scoring with one goal and 20 assists for 21 points in 13 games along with a plus-minus rating of plus-11.  Hamilton recorded a point in 11 of his 13 games played producing six multi-point contests and helping the IceDogs win nine games in November.  He matched a career-high with four assists on November 3 in a 9-4 win over the Guelph Storm, and received first star honours November 24 scoring once and adding two assists in regulation time then netting the shootout clincher to beat the Sudbury Wolves 6-5."

That is quite the roll!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

2 points yesterday in a 9-0 humiliation of Ottawa, not so good (0fer and -2) tonight against London.  He is what he is in the OHL.  Camara put up another 1-1-2 night yesterday, and Subban stopped 34 of 35 to get the win tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just noticed that the leading scorer in the AHL is (and you know this will pain me) NCAA free agent D Justin Schultz.  Leads Eberle by 4.  10 goals already from the blueline.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What I like ?........ What I don't ?

Malcom Subban: His athleticism and calmness in the net............Average handling of the puck.

Doug Hamilton: Size, skating, keeps his shots low to the net..............decison making at times, would like to see a little more snarl and nastiness to his game with his size.

Cody Payne: Size and skating.................if i don't look for him on the ice I wouldn't know he was even there. For the most part, not involved around the puck.

Seth Griffith: Vision of the ice with his passing, no panic to his game, accuracy with his shot, one of those players who gets chances by good positioning of himself...............smallish and average skater. 

Anthony Camara: tough as nails, a fast straight line skater, heads to the net, good hitter, decent size...........not the best stick handler but has improved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Malcom Subban: His athleticism and calmness in the net............Average handling of the puck.

Doug Hamilton: Size, skating, keeps his shots low to the net..............decison making at times, would like to see a little more snarl and nastiness to his game with his size.

Cody Payne: Size and skating.................if i don't look for him on the ice I wouldn't know he was even there. For the most part, not involved around the puck.

Seth Griffith: Vision of the ice with his passing, no panic to his game, accuracy with his shot, one of those players who gets chances by good positioning of himself...............smallish and average skater. 

Anthony Camara: tough as nails, a fast straight line skater, heads to the net, good hitter, decent size...........not the best stick handler but has improved.

[/QUOTE]

Thx Chowda- What's your take on Koko? I heard good & bad about him & I know I've seen him play a couple of times. He was all over the ice one game with a 3 pointer & MIA in the other. I don't judge a player on 2 games. If you ever gave your opinion. I don't remember, or didn't see it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    How nasty? Pronger type nasty, or Hatcher nasty?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thx Chowda- What's your take on Koko? I heard good & bad about him & I know I've seen him play a couple of times. He was all over the ice one game with a 3 pointer & MIA in the other. I don't judge a player on 2 games. If you ever gave your opinion. I don't remember, or didn't see it. 

[/QUOTE]

Koko's long gone to the KHL. Other then the Subway Super Series you speak of, I haven't seen him either this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Koko's long gone to the KHL. Other then the Subway Super Series you speak of, I haven't seen him either this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Did he go to the KHL, because he has a....aww dammit I can't remember his name, but he only got one point in the little he played with the B's & him and Samsonov were supposed to be a big combo together....Zhedoev was that his name? Anyway, he got his nose out of joint & refused to play for the baby B's & went back to Russia. Does Koko have that same attitude, or do the B's brass feel that's the best place for him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither. He'll never play like that. Those two are dirty nasty. 

Nasty meaning being more physical taking out forwards ? Lay out a big hit or two. He's 6'5". For a big guy he tries to break up plays with a lot of stick checks instead of punishing them with good, solid, hard hits. 

He plays more of a finesse game when he needs to use his size to his advantage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did he go to the KHL, because he has a....aww dammit I can't remember his name, but he only got one point in the little he played with the B's & him and Samsonov were supposed to be a big combo together....Zhedoev was that his name? Anyway, he got his nose out of joint & refused to play for the baby B's & went back to Russia. Does Koko have that same attitude, or do the B's brass feel that's the best place for him?

[/QUOTE]

His choice. His father is coach of his team. Something to do with that apparently.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His choice. His father is coach of his team. Something to do with that apparently.

[/QUOTE]

Oh OK. Thx and that player I couldn't think of was Sergei Zinovjev. He assisted on a Samsonov goal against the Habs. Nice play he did, but the other 9 games he was a dud! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If I could watch Providence or juniors regularly I wouldn't miss the NHL as much, problem is that I don't want to pay extra for it (I'm Verizon FIOS NESN)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither. He'll never play like that. Those two are dirty nasty. 

Nasty meaning being more physical taking out forwards ? Lay out a big hit or two. He's 6'5". For a big guy he tries to break up plays with a lot of stick checks instead of punishing them with good, solid, hard hits. 

He plays more of a finesse game when he needs to use his size to his advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Oh so, he's kind of like the Hal Gill, Tyler Myers type. Other big boys that don't use their size to their advantage also. So, you're saying that the DH hit that he gave to the rookie MacKinnon which you & I both loved is a lot more of a rarity than the norm. That suks!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Good article on Subban.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Subban+could+goalie+world+juniors/7677966/story.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12314&navid=nhl:topheads

Not so great article on Subban. I don't think the scrimmages should determine his status on team Canada though. Jim Craig got obliterated by Russia in an exhibition game a month before the 1980 Olympics, didn't matter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Julien-likes-what-he-sees-out-of-P-Bruin?blockID=812771&feedID=10944

" I think the whole back end on defense has been really good as a whole. I can't talk about one guy because the whole defense has played well at their position. As far as goaltending , what more can you say about [Niklas] Svedberg? He’s been outstanding in my mind. I see a goaltender from training camp to now that’s been a different player. He’s kept them in some games when they’ve had slow starts. "

Julien like what he sees in Providence.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Article by Fluto on Svedberg, found the link on theahl.com.

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/12/11/bruins-prospect-niklas-svedberg-preps-for-nhl-providence/6sMHqRvDD8sdE1oYgcFuGI/story.html