Eastern Wild Card

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Eastern Wild Card

Eastern Wild Card Current Status

Tampa Bay is one pt away from clinching top 3 in Division.
    Washington and Jersey are basically out of it.
    4 team left could still potentially move from current position to end up being the two wild cards.

Team                DIV   GP    PTS  ROW      Games to play
    NY Rangers        M    80    93      40        - BUF,  @MTL
    Philadelphia      M     79     91      38        @TBL, @PIT, CAR  
    Detroit               A     79     90      33        @PIT, CAR, @STL  
    Columbus          M     79     89      36        @DAL, @TBL, @FLA   

Washington        M     79    85      26
    New Jersey         M     79    84      34

How will this play out?
    Can you predict the final status?
    What team will end up #2 Wild card and Play the Bruins?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Re: Eastern Wild Card

Some thoughts\observations:

BJ’s win over Phoenix last night, they stayed within striking distance of the third-place spot in the Metropolitan Division, as well as staying just a point behind the Red Wings. So the Flyers could still fall into a wild-card spot, and the Jackets could still move up. Columbus is the Bruins' likeliest opponent, but the Red Wings are a possibility and there's an outside chance it'll be the Flyers.

The Red Wings are mostly locked into a wild-card spot as they trail the Lightning by 5. They  could clinch a playoff spot by taking at least one point tonight against the Penguins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

With the Lerfs out & the Devils not likely,its looking like the Jackets or Wings,either one as an opponent is ok by me.The Flyers will likely hang on to their spot and play the Rags in the 1st round.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the Lerfs out & the Devils not likely,its looking like the Jackets or Wings,either one as an opponent is ok by me.The Flyers will likely hang on to their spot and play the Rags in the 1st round.  

[/QUOTE]

I hope it's the Wings. I think a tougher 1st round gets them going better in the 2nd. And once they get going they're tough to stop. That 6-5 game in finals was a killer. They should've won that game. Defineatly Tuukka's worse game of the post season. But, I loved how Rask reacted last nite after allowing that goal. In OT he was unbeatable. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I thought it was a lock that Det was 7 and Col was 8, but Columbus has forgotten how to lose and the Wings seem happy to take whatever spot they get.  They play Pitt & Stl in their last 3 games, too.

Wings/B's... bad, bad idea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought it was a lock that Det was 7 and Col was 8, but Columbus has forgotten how to lose and the Wings seem happy to take whatever spot they get.  They play Pitt & Stl in their last 3 games, too.

Wings/B's... bad, bad idea.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe for you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He's going to bring up that the Wings will give the Bs a hard time or beat them in the playoffs on every thread, 50. 

Broken record!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's going to bring up that the Wings will give the Bs a hard time or beat them in the playoffs on every thread, 50. 

Broken record!

[/QUOTE]

I know,he's mentioned it on other threads ad nauseum and nobody responds,he must be lonely.He should really look for a Wings board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

SCARED TO DEATH OF THE BLUE JACKETS .....

IF THERE IS ONE TEAM IN THE NHL CAPABLE OF BEATING THE BRUINS IN A 7 games Series...it is the BLUE JACKETS and Mr Ryan Johansen.....

I hope the Bruins will win it but dont expect a short series if they do it will go in 7 games...

lets hope CJ has a plan to stop Ryan or else it could be really painfull

I still predict BRUINS in 7

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Broken record!

[/QUOTE]

I know,he's mentioned it on other threads ad nauseum and nobody responds,he must be lonely.He should really look for a Wings board.

[/QUOTE]

^^^THIS IS BANG ON!!^^^^ I think he must be getting a lot of sexual favors from his wife (a Wings fan) for everytime he says this. Lucky guy... Must get it a lot!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Broken record!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^^^THIS IS BANG ON!!^^^^ I think he must be getting a lot of sexual favors from his wife (a Wings fan) for everytime he says this. Lucky guy... Must get it a lot!!! 

[/QUOTE]

This potential matchup is causing the opposite in my house!!  Every year we look forward to the playoffs... I watch the Wings with her.... she watches the B's with me... we root for each others team and life is grand.

Now with the Wings in 8th place as of a few minutes ago, I dont see how we can watch any games in the same house without a divorce.

Cr@p.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

All of this 1st round WC stuff will end up being Monday Morning QB stuff.  No matter who the Bs draw, there will be the "I told you so's" going one way or another for no other reason than pure guesswork

Bs draw the Wings - it is what it is.

Bs draw the CBJs - it is what it is.

Bs draw the Flyers - it is what it is.

I would  prefer the CBJs only because of their lack of playoff experience, but the 2013 Leafs had none and gave the Bs a run for their money and were 8 minutes away from a 1st round upset. On the flipside, the Wings gave the Hawks a tougher series than the Bs last year - taking them to 7 games.

Soooo.....no one knows anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To be fair, I did pick the Wings as the one with the characteristics of a "team to avoid" on that thread, but hey...bring it on.  You play who the standings put in front of you.  You win or you go home.  It's not a choice.

And after Wednesday's games, looking at the sched., it will be Detroit.  The Wings are locked in the wildcard, and they lose ROW to every other team that could end up as a wildcard, and the 'Jackets are in TBay and Panthertown, and the Flyers have 3 games including one against Pittsburgh (they love beating Pitt), and the Rangers need only win against Buffalo on Thursday to stay out of the wildcard.

Get ready for the Wings.  Don't get sucked into what Wensink called a soft, skill game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get ready for the Wings.  Don't get sucked into what Wensink called a soft, skill game.

[/QUOTE]

I think so too and look forward to it,should be an entertaining series with contrasting styles.At least Detroit doesn't put 5 players in front of the goalie and block shots all night.If a team going into the playoffs thinks any opposing team is going to provide a cakewalk,they will be sorely mistaken.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

B-s v. Wings is great coaching matchup.

On a related note, I'm really hoping that Columbus moves past the Flyers.  Perfect dominoes if the Flyers draw the Penguins in the first round again, and the 'Jackets get the Rangers for the Rick Nash Bowl.

"Dear Rick,

Hope the door didn't hit you in the as5.

Signed,

Columbus"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

I'm reading different posts from guys who say this team will give the Bs trouble, etc. Does anyone think there will be an EASY game let alone round of the playoffs?  This is it...this is what they play for. But, by the same token, who can match up with the Bs over a 7 game series? Will it be a cakewalk...no way. I expect tough games all the way thru the playoffs...and anything can (and often does) happen. Whodathunk Toronto would stretch them to 7 games last year. Teams tend to forget how bad they are once they start their 83rd game. I seriously don't think there is a team out there that can beat the Bs 4/7.

Wild card be damned!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Current Status 041014am

Washington and Jersey are officially out.

NY Rangers        M     80    93     40        - BUF,  @MTL
    Philadelphia      M      79    91     38        @TBL, @PIT, CAR 
    Columbus          M     80    91     36         @TBL, @FLA
    Detroit               A     80    91     33               CAR, @STL 

Today we are facing Detroit. Will it stay that way?
    Mike Baccock Quote: "We're going to be a tough out"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Notorious slow starters in the first round with the exception of 2009 when the Bs faced an injury depleted Le Crapitans. Probably go 7 games again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

The Bruins will be most vulnerable their first round, but I think we are more prepared than in any other season going in. Boston in 6 regardless who they play. Detroit will be dicey

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

I hope the B's play the Wings, Habs, Pens and Blues or Chicago on their way to the Cup. All the best possible teams for me, thanks very much. It's all the more impressive when you knock off the best, bring 'em on!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Whoever they play it will be tough and the BS could lose but I like their chances better than any other team in the league. Let the fun begin.Pray for health and good fortune.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to gaaucoin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm reading different posts from guys who say this team will give the Bs trouble, etc. Does anyone think there will be an EASY game let alone round of the playoffs?  This is it...this is what they play for. But, by the same token, who can match up with the Bs over a 7 game series? Will it be a cakewalk...no way. I expect tough games all the way thru the playoffs...and anything can (and often does) happen. Whodathunk Toronto would stretch them to 7 games last year. Teams tend to forget how bad they are once they start their 83rd game. I seriously don't think there is a team out there that can beat the Bs 4/7.

Wild card be damned!!!

[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are very many that "can't".  I hope the Bruins feel the same way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eastern Wild Card Current Status

Tampa Bay is one pt away from clinching top 3 in Division.
    Washington and Jersey are basically out of it.
    4 team left could still potentially move from current position to end up being the two wild cards.

NY Rangers        M    80    93      40        - BUF,  @MTL
    Philadelphia      M     79     91      38        @TBL, @PIT, CAR  
    Detroit               A     79     90      33        @PIT, CAR, @STL  
    Columbus          M     79     89      36        @DAL, @TBL, @FLA   

Washington        M     79    85      26
    New Jersey         M     79    84      34

How will this play out?
    Can you predict the final status?
    What team will end up #2 Wild card and Play the Bruins?

[/QUOTE]

Looking at the remaining nhl schedule, who knows?  PS the last game of the season Sunday night is Dallas v Phoenix possibly for the West's final spot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope the B's play the Wings, Habs, Pens and Blues or Chicago on their way to the Cup. All the best possible teams for me, thanks very much. It's all the more impressive when you knock off the best, bring 'em on!

[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean 'the best of the runners-up'?!?

Not sure why everyone's saying they're afraid of this team or that team in the first round...you gotta know that DET, PHI & CBJ are making every effort to avoid the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins. Wonder why that is...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts