ECHL Alaska Aces Feature NHL "Star" Power

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

ECHL Alaska Aces Feature NHL "Star" Power

I was thumbing through my recent copy of USA Hockey and came across an article about Brandon Dubinsky, Nate Thompson and Joey Crabb playing for their hometown ECHL club during the lockout.  I had not heard of this before and thought it a little "risky" that NHL players would spend any meaningful time playing in the ECHL.  From the article, sounded like they all took advantage of the opportunity, given this was the team they followed growing up.

As it turns out, they are playing there and Scott Gomez has even joined them.

Crabb is leading the team in scoring; 14-19-33 in 30gp

Thompson has added; 7-14-21 in 24gp

Dubinsky is 8-4-12 in 12gp and is recovering from a broken hand from blocking a shot

Gomez is 5-7-12 in 10gp (good to see Gomez found a league where he can be a point/game player)

The team also has former Baby B's d-men Alain Goulet (2007 6th rounder) and Sean Curry.  The Aces are the top team in the league wth 46 points (23-8-0)

Any other examples where NHL players chose to play in the ECHL?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: ECHL Alaska Aces Feature NHL

Ryan Clowe has been practising with the San Francisco Bulls. Devin Setoguchi was playing for the Ontario Reign - 4g 9a in 10 games, but the team has suspended him, not sure why.

Former Bruin and current Jet Mark Stuart is playing for the Florida Eveblades on a pairing with Ryan O'Byrne  from the Avs, and Ryan Reaves from the Blues is with the Orlando Solar Bears.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Canadien fans will update that website they had for Scott Gomez. How many days or games it has been since he had scored. At one point they had ticker on it that included seconds and minutes lol.

Yannick Riendeau 28 points in 24 games. See it was just a matter of time before he came along...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Kyle Quincy was playing for the Denver Cutthroats of the CHL -- even a step lower the ECHL.  I don't undertsand why, expect that he must have kept his family here after playing for the Avs and doesn't want to be away for the lost season.  Still very strange to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Canadien fans will update that website they had for Scott Gomez. How many days or games it has been since he had scored. At one point they had ticker on it that included seconds and minutes lol.

Yannick Riendeau 28 points in 24 games. See it was just a matter of time before he came along...

[/QUOTE]

See BookBoy ^^^^^

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hannu Toivonen is getting lit up in the ECHL to the tune of a 3.49 GAA. 

God I hope Rask is what people think he is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hannu Toivonen is getting lit up in the ECHL to the tune of a 3.49 GAA. 

God I hope Rask is what people think he is.

[/QUOTE]

Toivonen stinks.

For me, it isn't about hoping Rask is what I think he is.  It is about hoping that Rask is exactly what he was as a starter in the 09-10 season -- 1.97 GAA, .931 S%.

A small sample size to be sure, but enough that we're not exactly guessing at the kid's potential.