Edler's hit on Peverley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Edler's hit on Peverley

I looked at the first two pages and didn't see anything on this.  I thought Rich was very lucky to get up after that one.  I thought Edler would have been ejected had #49 stayed down.  Was that an overreaction?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Edler's hit on Peverley

I don't think the hit was as bad as it looked. Peverley does a great job at "selling things". It could have been bad though had more force been used against his head. Dumb play by Edler by not playing the puck. Not a major though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I didn't think the hit was bad (dirty) because Peverly really put himself in that position, but the fact that Edler makes no effort at all to play the puck makes it worse.  No suspension in my eyes, even if he's hurt.  Edler was just happy to land a hit.  He's soft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

if peverley would've stayed down, edler would've gotten 5 and a game.  you can't take the body on an icing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

In my book it was a charge. Edler came full speed [ more than 3 steps] and leveled Peverly. It will be one of the unforgettable stimulants for game 7.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Edler's hit on Peverley:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. I was surprised it wasn't a major. He never attempted to play the puck for the touch up. Dirty play.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Agreed RWTK. The irony is that the rule is in place to protect D-men from onrushing forwards. It should've been 5 and a game since he also targeted the head.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]How can anyone say it wasn't intentional when Edler made no move and Peverley was simply trying to reach for it to avoid the icing? Fletch, What "position" is Peverly supposed to be in? Come on now. We all know the code here.  Defensemen could get run at any time in that spot by forwards and forwards don't do it out of respect. Edler made no effort for the puck.
    It's not just the code. A rule is in place which states that a player isn't allowed to  take the body in a race to the goal line.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i was certainly happy to see him bounce up, with no ill effects. he got up looking for trouble too, which is the fire they need to win this darn thing. ONE MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigMonty. Show bigMonty's posts

i def got nervous on that play, it looked like Rich's head bounced right off the boards during the hit. i would have called it a double minor at the very least, there was no intention of getting the puck, just intent to hit (or injure). dirty play

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

if peverly lays on the ice he likely gets turfed.  he isnt like that and popped back up.  as a former dman they put a rule in place for dmen to protect them.  then edler goes against this rule.  Cherry called him a chicken sht and i agree

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]How can anyone say it wasn't intentional when Edler made no move and Peverley was simply trying to reach for it to avoid the icing? Fletch, What "position" is Peverly supposed to be in? Come on now. We all know the code here.  Defensemen could get run at any time in that spot by forwards and forwards don't do it out of respect. Edler made no effort for the puck.

RWTK, to be clear, I do think it was a penalty and I think the refs got it right.  I just think Peverly is using his speed, not just to get to the puck, but to curl behind the net and make a play out front.  I think Edler needs to cut him off there or risk getting burned, and I think he hoped to get the shoulder not the back.  It was a penalty.  I just thought it was one of those plays I would have wanted a Bruins D-man to make, instead of having him curl out front.  I was thrilled that Peverly did not seems hurt at all.  He has been terrific.

I actually think that Mason Raymond and Peverly have been the same player for their respective teams, and have both been really dangerous.  Wish Raymond the best, but not too upset that he will miss game 7.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edler's hit on Peverley : Yes, but Edler has inside position and was closer to the puck.  I mean, we could literally see that on every icing play, but we don't because players know the dangers of that play.

Yeah, I hear ya.  I just didn't think it was one of the bad ones, by comparison.  Peverly is so damn fast, he is hard to defend.  Edler took a stupid penalty.  Good enough for me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Edler should be out. I guess it takes knocking a guy into palookaville to get suspended. But they didn't suspend Burrows so why are we surprised? Like I said many times, the refs, and the folks doling out punishment, are a complete and utter joke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edler's hit on Peverley : RWTK, to be clear, I do think it was a penalty and I think the refs got it right.  I just think Peverly is using his speed, not just to get to the puck, but to curl behind the net and make a play out front.  I think Edler needs to cut him off there or risk getting burned, and I think he hoped to get the shoulder not the back.  It was a penalty.  I just thought it was one of those plays I would have wanted a Bruins D-man to make, instead of having him curl out front.  I was thrilled that Peverly did not seems hurt at all.  He has been terrific. I actually think that Mason Raymond and Peverly have been the same player for their respective teams, and have both been really dangerous.  Wish Raymond the best, but not too upset that he will miss game 7.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

fletch don't u have a problem with the fact that elder came from the other side of the ice and made a B line for peverley and made no attempt what so ever to play the puck. elder knew it was a play for an icing. that's what bothers me so much he is a a d-man, the rule is in place for his protection and he has the nerve to act surprised that he got the penalty.
    god i hate the canucks. dont even get me started on there crybaby gm. no wonder this team is a bunch of little ladies. he is reported to have been really mad as he left the garden last night because of 3 reasons.
    1. he is blaming boychuck for raymonds injury /> which is laughable and funny how he has got nothing to say about elder running peverley.
    2. mad cause the garden crowd was chanting"flopper" when raymond was down /> that's even funnier considering that the team is filled with divers. think about it if that is the flyers and it was claude giroux does the crowd chant that?
    3. he is mad because he feels the bruins arent getting penalties against them />interesting timing now that his team just lost game 6 and going have game 7 at Vancouver.
    hopefully the refs don't fall for this crybaby tactic. this guy has cried about everything throughout every series in the play-offs!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Edler made no attempt on the puck at all.  None. 

But whatever...Bruins are going to put a hurting on this team in Vancouver.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edler's hit on Peverley : Where are you reading Gillis's quotes?

the only thing that is not in there was the chant qoute that bothered gillis. i think i heard that on nhl on the fly or dreger interview by gino reda after the game! but this article is dreger report sorry.

Some thoughts from the NHL on TSN Panel on Monday night:

The Vancouver Canucks were very upset that there was no penalty call on the play where Mason Raymond was injured on the first shift of the game.

Canucks general manager Mike Gillis stormed out of the TD Garden after Game 6, questioning a lot of people as he headed toward the Canucks' bus as to whether or not anyone saw the puck near Raymond when he was hit by Johnny Boychuk.

It was an unfortunate collision but was it malicious? Not according to the National Hockey League.

I contacted the NHL and they didn't see it as being malicious, but because of the lateness of the hit and the fact that the puck was nowhere near Raymond, that's why Gillis and the Canucks are as upset over that hit as they are.

We can't get into specifics regarding Mason Raymond but the early indication is that his injury could be significant. 

Overall, the Canucks are quite concerned with the level of the officiating to this point. Now the series is tied 3-3 and I'm sure if you talk to Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli, he might have concerns as well.

That's just the way it goes this time of year. But late in the third period of Game 6, Brad Marchand of the Bruins punched Daniel Sedin four times and the Canucks forward did not retaliate.

Afterwards, Sedin said he'll take those punches but he did get upset when referee Kelly Sutherland separated the two players.

Sedin said he asked Sutherland why he wasn't calling a penalty and the referee responded with 'I will'. Sedin jokingly replied, 'When, after the fifth punch?'

So according to the Canucks, there is a theme that has evolved in this s from the

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Bruins are good at payback. They'll bring it Wednesday......legally. No question Edler's intent was to crush to Peverly and forget about the puck. He wasn't interested in touching the puck at all.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins are good at payback. They'll bring it Wednesday......legally. No question Edler's intent was to crush to Peverly and forget about the puck. He wasn't interested in touching the puck at all.......
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

Last game in Vancouver Edler was a hitting machine.  Be ready for the same.
    Didn't like the hit though. Edler decided to take a free shot at Peverly.  He knew it was icing, not only did  Luongo have his arm up but also called it. 
    To me it was dirty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Would love to a mass beat-down like we saw against the Scabs this year. I think it was the 7-0 game. Maybe start with the Torres line...

Sections
Shortcuts