Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/one-of-the-liveliest-broadcasters-in-sports-is-staying-put-boston-bruins-play-by-play-announcer-jack-edwards-signed-a-multi-.html

I guess John Henry's wife didn't have a problem Jack's rant...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this...

My question is why only a 2 year extension? How about a life time deal :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Great news, I enjoy Jack's PBP.  Total homer, wouldn't have it any other way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Good for you Jack, you deserve it!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I like this!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When they had Jack on the road and Dale at home, the Orsillo/Remy team took flight.  The Bruins, always copying the Red Sox (See:  Dirty Water)  wanted to have their own local legend broadcast team.

It was first offered to Arnold, but he declined because of his gig at EEI (since fired). 

Jack Edwards has done a great job and has made his mark.  I enjoy his commentary.  I know he drives some people mad, but in my opinion, he's better than the whiny guy in Tampa, the bland guys elsewhere and anyone Versus has used.  Edwards get the players names pronounced correctly and gets the right name on the right player consistently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

In Response to Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this...:

That's great news. Love the fact that he doesn't hide his hatred of the Habs and their crap. Someone else on here compared him to Heinsohn in terms of him being a homer - not even close. Heinsohn sucks and is so ridiculously biased, I avoid watching Celtics when he is doing the game. Edwards is certainly biased, but within reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Bring back Dale Arnold

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Good news. Hope he's around for a while. Keep up the metaphors and stuff too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Edwards does a very good job.

Yes he throws out a lot of groaners, but that is part of the fun.

Yes, he is a homer and he won't deny it, but he still will identify the call that should have been made even if it is against the B's. Then of course he will point out that it must have been an even up for the 20 other noncalls, but he will not deny true penalties to the B's.

I hope they keep Brick with him as he seems to be able to ground him when he goes too far astray.

I would prefer seeing him this playoffs, but I have had a steady diet of Cole on CBC and McGuire on TSN.

Cole at one time was good, but now he is senile and blind. He sees the second half of a number and will sing out the first name that comes to mind, Ex calling Kelly #23 , Ryder #73 or visa versa and Pierre picks a player crawls up his hole for the whole game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In Response to Re: Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this...:
    When they had Jack on the road and Dale at home, the Orsillo/Remy team took flight.  The Bruins, always copying the Red Sox (See:  Dirty Water)  wanted to have their own local legend broadcast team. It was first offered to Arnold, but he declined because of his gig at EEI (since fired).  Jack Edwards has done a great job and has made his mark.  I enjoy his commentary.  I know he drives some people mad, but in my opinion, he's better than the whiny guy in Tampa, the bland guys elsewhere and anyone Versus has used.  Edwards get the players names pronounced correctly and gets the right name on the right player consistently.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Totally agree NAS. It would be different if he wasn't getting the names right and was very general in his analysis. The fact that he has hockey knowledge makes up for him being a homer, although I love it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

He's awesome.  Almost as awesome as the guy in Florida who throws out movie quotes every time someone scores.  For example:  "HE SHOOTS HE SCORESSS!!! MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"

If you don't believe me, youtube him.  It's hilarious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'm happy for Jack and more happy for me because I for one enjoy his work. Keep those "Edwardisms" coming Jack!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Cant stand him, he's awful. His high-pitch squeeks and homerisms are way over the line. Brickley saves him with his professionalism.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Happy for Jack!! The Mr's & kids thinks he's great too!
    Question for people out there. Before Dave Goucher was doing the radio calls. (Which he & Beers are two of the best in the business) there was a guy by the name of Rob, or Bob  Newmyer? I think that was his name. Anyway, I always liked his announcing & was wondering what ever happened to him? Anyone know?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

In Response to Re: Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this...:
    [QUOTE]Bring back Dale Arnold
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUO

why? i get enough sleep already.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Happy for Jack!! The Mr's & kids thinks he's great too! Question for people out there. Before Dave Goucher was doing the radio calls. (Which he & Beers are two of the best in the business) there was a guy by the name of Rob, or Bob  Newmyer? I think that was his name. Anyway, I always liked his announcing & was wondering what ever happened to him? Anyone know?
    Posted by nitemare-38

Works for NBC/Versus if I'm not mistaken. Was watching the Kentucky Oats (philly race) and he was one of the reporters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

<Spoken like Jack>

In the millions of years since man crawled from the slime and offered up his heart and soul in the arena of athletic competition, there have been a number of occasions where the local warriors have been able to ascend to the pantheon of illustrious greatness. These moments are emblazoned in our collective conciousness for time immemorial. The fact a humble New England child can grow to be the voice of such an honored tradition on the cusp of true greatness, and is able in some way to be such a small part of the human drama that unfolds 82 times a year for the next few coming years is unequivocally one of the heartfelt joys of this, or any man's, career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Bring back Dale Arnold
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Only if you want to take a nap during the broadcast.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Has anybody ever heard the radio announcers for Tampa Bay - I think Phil Esposito does the color but I am not sure who the play by play guys is but they are horrible. The guy screams like a little kid when the score and goes berserk when they win a game might be the worst I have ever heard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Well done Jack. He may be outrageous at times  but he's mostly just intensely passionate. In a world full of bland cut-out broadcasters, Jack just drips character. 
    His 'Hamrlik goes down as if shot...GET UP' comment was genius. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

It's a Boston network-I like having a homer on the network.  Point is, Edwards is enthusiastic, knowledgable, and is interesting to listen to.  I wouldn't want any other broadcaster in the booth for the B's.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this... : That's great news. Love the fact that he doesn't hide his hatred of the Habs and their crap. Someone else on here compared him to Heinsohn in terms of him being a homer - not even close. Heinsohn sucks and is so ridiculously biased, I avoid watching Celtics when he is doing the game. Edwards is certainly biased, but within reason.
    Posted by UCONN

i guess you missed edwards calling one of the habs a chump a few weeks back??? they are both really biased, but that's the nature of their jobs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Edwards signs multi year extension with NESN! Shab fans will love this... : Works for NBC/Versus if I'm not mistaken. Was watching the Kentucky Oats (philly race) and he was one of the reporters.
    Posted by nrguy

Oh so he's moved to TV? Interesting. Thx for the info.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

If you can't change it, learn to love it.

Sections
Shortcuts