Eklund Hypotheses (just for fun)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Eklund Hypotheses (just for fun)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/10-Latest-Lunchtime-Rumors/1/33712

Everyone knows Eklund has a reputation for throwing things against the wall.  I would prefer we spend more time talking about theoretical propositions then Eklund's Reputation.

I highlighted some of these "rumors" which may be pertinent to the B's.

*Kings are scouting Stephen Weiss hard (e4). Habs still the leading candidate. Jackets like him as well (e3) updated: As do the Bruins. (e2)
    *NY Rangers are interested in Blues Eric Brewer. ( e3)
    *The Sharks are looking at Pitkanen right now should they be unable to land Phillips. (e3)
    *The Bruins are interested in Phillips (e4) as well as McCabe. (e3)
    *The Leafs are not looking at Penner (e4) however there is still a chance Giguere is moved.
    *The Canadiens are scouting Glencross. (e3)
    *The Sabres would love to grab a top six forward and have talked to several teams after losing out on Versteeg. (e3)
    *Time in Philly may be very short for Zherdev, rumors he could be on waivers today or tomorrow.
    *The Leafs do like Hemsky. (e2)
    *Kaberle rumors (not out of Toronto) include the Sabres and Kings having interest...(e2)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Eklund Hypotheses (just for fun)

Personally I like the idea of grabbing Zherdev with the knowledge that he can be scratched witout much harm.  Especially if we could get him on Re-Entry.  For me I would like to go short on risk this year.  I don't think we are quite good enough to cash in all of our assets for a title run this year.  Especially since I believe the Flyers have improved alot more since last year then we have.  Not saying we can't catch lightning in a bottle, but with the bright horizon fo Seguin, Bergeron, and Krejci over the next few years I think we might regret an asset spending spree on rental players in the near future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Phillips and McCabe...the 2 guys I least want to see in Black & Gold

You thought Wideman was bad?  McCabe is worse

Phillips is having a terrible year, and I don't see him as an upgrade over what we already have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Leafs will trade Kaberle. (nas4)

Someone from the Canucks is scouting somewhere.  (nas3)

The Bruins will make a deal. (nas7)

Rick Nash will not be traded. (nas 942,148)

The Hartford Whalers won't win the Cup the year.  (nas 5)

When attempting to figure out what's going to happen before or at the deadline, the above information is as useful as anything you'll find on that stupid site.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

So how about the Zherdev deal.  I think it seems like a real possibility that he becomes available.  Would you pick him up if it cost only money.  I know he has a reputation for showing up sporadically, but would competition for playing time between Him, Wheeler, Ryder, and Seguin bring out the best in him.  If he we got the full potential out of him he could be that goal scorer we have been seeking.

Just in case you missed it though my favorite part of this deal is the assets it cost us.  Cold hard cash and nothing more.  I know he is not perfect his warts make this a possibility.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

BTW how does the Leafs are not looking at Penner get an e4.

to paraphrase, the leafs are probably not looking at Penner, buttt they might be.  LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not against getting a Satan 2.0 whether it's Zherdev or Hemsky or a player with high skill who's not known for his character or fortitude.  Krejci seems to click best with the kind of guy who can also be patient, dangle a bit etc.  I'd like to see a guy like that get this Krejture Feature back on screen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Hypotheses (just for fun):
    [QUOTE]The Leafs will trade Kaberle. (nas4) Someone from the Canucks is scouting somewhere.  (nas3) The Bruins will make a deal. (nas7) Rick Nash will not be traded. (nas 942,148) The Hartford Whalers won't win the Cup the year.  (nas 5) When attempting to figure out what's going to happen before or at the deadline, the above information is as useful as anything you'll find on that stupid site.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, fanatstic post! You made my day thanks.