Embellishment call on a goalie?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Embellishment call on a goalie?

Just saw Mike Smith take the bigest flop of all time - giving Brodeur a run for his money.

Just wondering, is diving ever called on goalies? Goalie diving seems pretty common.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Embellishment call on a goalie?

I think Hasek re-invented the Goalies' Diving Club.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think they should call goalies "hot dogging" saves.

Aren't we all tired of seeing that big "flourish" of the arm on that routine glove save?

It demoralizes the shooters thus lowering goal scoring.

It would be an easy penalty to call and I can't see any controversy surrounding something like that.

All of those whistles would allow more commercial time or more goals, a win for the NHL or the fans.

NHL, do it now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ryan Miller award for spinning and falling!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Please tell me you are joking. If players are able to pretend their sticks are on fire, throw their glove up and shoot it, shoot the goalie with their shotgun stick, ride their stick like a horse, leap and bounce off the glass and the list could go on and on, the least the goalies can do is throw up the statue of liberty every now and then, its only fair. And to boot, that only looks good when its a good glove save. Remember Holtby doing that after it bounced off of his stomach and happened to land in his glove? He did the statue of liberty there and we all knew it was a fake, nice try....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Embellishment call on a goalie?:
    [QUOTE]Ryan Miller award for spinning and falling!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

That i think was legit. Miller got bonked pretty good by a not so little guy. The subsequent concussion could be open for debate though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I think they should call goalies "hot dogging" saves. Aren't we all tired of seeing that big "flourish" of the arm on that routine glove save? It demoralizes the shooters thus lowering goal scoring. It would be an easy penalty to call and I can't see any controversy surrounding something like that. All of those whistles would allow more commercial time or more goals, a win for the NHL or the fans. NHL, do it now.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    BAWHAAA! You're a jerk...You're trying to get us goalie's worked up. Eat it BadHab! Tongue Out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Embellishment call on a goalie?:[QUOTE] I think they should call goalies "hot dogging" saves. Aren't we all tired of seeing that big "flourish" of the arm on that routine glove save ? Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Patrick Roy all time best at framing a lob like catcher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I think they should call goalies "hot dogging" saves. Aren't we all tired of seeing that big "flourish" of the arm on that routine glove save? It demoralizes the shooters thus lowering goal scoring. It would be an easy penalty to call and I can't see any controversy surrounding something like that. All of those whistles would allow more commercial time or more goals, a win for the NHL or the fans. NHL, do it now.

I get it, like the NFL ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

if a keeper dives then call the dive. But the flourish's are no big deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i never showboat after a save, to me it would only incent the shooter even more to score or perhaps as i am watching the puck maybe the guy cheap shots me. i just try to stop the puck and keep quiet

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Embellishment call on a goalie? : BAWHAAA! You're a jerk...You're trying to get us goalie's worked up. Eat it BadHab! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

wow.  ain't all that hard to get all you sieves steamed up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow, did that many people miss the sarcasm of that post?

Incidentally, I loved the Patrick Roy overacted Statue of Liberty that time in the playoffs when he didnt have it and it rolled in behind him.  What a hot dog.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, did that many people miss the sarcasm of that post? Incidentally, I loved the Patrick Roy overacted Statue of Liberty that time in the playoffs when he didnt have it and it rolled in behind him.  What a hot dog.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was surprised.  I guess I should indicate
    /sarcasm mode on
    Tommy Cross is going to be awesome!
    /sarcasm mode off

I think Bill Ranford was the biggest hot dog ever.

Sections
Shortcuts