Emelin elbow on Downie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Emelin elbow on Downie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJucARuXX4

five-minute major for elbowing and a game misconduct was called on the ice. I say no suspension.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Emelin elbow on Downie

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

five-minute major for elbowing and a game misconduct was called on the ice. I say no suspension.

Disagree SanDog....the flying chicken wing comes out and the direct point of contact is the head... How can that not be a suspension.... It will get reviewed , I am saying two games... 3 if there is a concussion involved.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Disagree SanDog....the flying chicken wing comes out and the direct point of contact is the head... How can that not be a suspension.... It will get reviewed , I am saying two games... 3 if there is a concussion involved.....

Downie played after and I kinda thought he tries to sell it a bit. I won't mind being wrong seing the outrage by Shab fans already.

I mean the nerv of anyone claiming a Canadien doing anything dirty Sealed

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Call 911.  Did Downie see Emelin, I think so. Downie also did diva dive as if he was playing at the Molson Centre.    

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Downie got hit high, but sold that big time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In my opinion he should get two games.

He's pinching, makes no attempt to play the puck, and led the hit with the elbow. Downie was already in a prone position stretching to clear the puck out.

The point of the pinch is to keep the puck in the offensive zone and he didn't play the puck at all.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My word. 

Here's a different look at the cause of that play:

Give me a break.  Yeah, there was contact.  You get a penalty for that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

He's pinching, makes no attempt to play the puck, and led the hit with the elbow. Downie was already in a prone position stretching to clear the puck out.

The point of the pinch is to keep the puck in the offensive zone and he didn't play the puck at all.

Incorrect !

The point of pinching ( besides keeping the puck in ) is also to play the body if the man beats you to the puck. He attempted that but missed with a slight brush to Downie causing him to do his best Greg Louganis impersonation.

Downie playing the puck, gave Emelin every right to go for the hit. 

If anything Downie should get the call from the league office for "acting live a diving fool ".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Downie has the fool part down to a "T". Now he just needs to get the diving part worked out.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think his elbow stays tucked in the whole time. No reason for Emelin to get kicked out of the game nevermind a suspension.

And thats one of the worst dives by Downie that I've seen in a long time. You can tell he thought about it for a second.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

geez I hate that this stuff has become "news". 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Incorrect !

The point of pinching ( besides keeping the puck in ) is also to play the body if the man beats you to the puck. He attempted that but missed with a slight brush to Downie causing him to do his best Greg Louganis impersonation.

If anything Downie should get the call from the league office for "acting live a diving fool ".

If you make the hit because you can't get the puck that should net you an interfernce penalty, at the very least.

This kind of play should be subject to a new type of penalty - 2 or 5 minutes for "looking for trouble."

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Incorrect !

If anything Downie should get the call from the league office for "acting like a diving fool ".

[/QUOTE]
    I agree Chowda! 

• Sections
    Shortcuts