Emelin gets 4yrs/16.4 mil

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Emelin gets 4yrs/16.4 mil

It doesnt say it, but there is a clause where it goes up 2 million if he takes out one or both of Lucic' knees.

P.K is licking his chops.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9907791/alexei-emelin-signs-four-year-deal-montreal-candiens

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Emelin gets 4yrs/16.4 mil

Have no idea what to make of this, mainly because who knows how well his knee is going to recover.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hope Emelin trys to test his knee out next tine the Shabs play the Bruins. Nothing like returning to the IR after signing a new contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He's getting $100K/annum more than Seidenberg.  Sorry, Stanley, but I don't think a 2 game losing "streak" is going to bounce PC out of your way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It doesnt say it, but there is a clause where it goes up 2 million if he takes out one or both of Lucic' knees.

P.K is licking his chops.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9907791/alexei-emelin-signs-four-year-deal-montreal-candiens

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  PK pay day is gonna be massive.  Kelv we told em so.  That bridge deal is gonna hurt them in the long run.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think it will hurt as badly as you think, shupe.  He was looking for $6M on a long term deal last year when he held out, and now, if he gets the highest AAV of any defenseman, he'd get $8M.  They'll have had him at $2.875M for two years, which is a savings of $6.35M over what he was looking to score.  Say that deal would have been ten years, and this one can max 8 years.  The deal on the table that they spurned for a bridge would have cost them $60M for those 10 years.  The megadeal he'd sign if he wins another Norris or has another Norris contending year would be ~$64M.  Add the $5.75M for the additional two years of the bridge deal and you're looking at a combined AAV of $6.975M over 10 years.  So the kick in the pants from the bridge deal is probably $1M or less per year.  Not chump change, but not the kind of thing you compare to teams not drafting Adam Oates or letting Datsyuk slide deep into the draft.

The "hit" will be carrying a $2M per year higher cap hit as they continue to develop around the younger core including Galchenyuk and Gallagher.  But given that the cap will be restored to it's goofy rising ways after this year, they also did themselves a favour in dealing with this anomalous cap year with an artificially low cap.

All in all, not a bad way to risk manage the fact that Subban could have just as easily become Brian Berard as the player he's been this year and last.  With these two years of "evidence" in place, Bergevin has an easier time selling a megadeal to ownership for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think it will hurt as badly as you think, shupe.  He was looking for $6M on a long term deal last year when he held out, and now, if he gets the highest AAV of any defenseman, he'd get $8M.  They'll have had him at $2.875M for two years, which is a savings of $6.35M over what he was looking to score.  Say that deal would have been ten years, and this one can max 8 years.  The deal on the table that they spurned for a bridge would have cost them $60M for those 10 years.  The megadeal he'd sign if he wins another Norris or has another Norris contending year would be ~$64M.  Add the $5.75M for the additional two years of the bridge deal and you're looking at a combined AAV of $6.975M over 10 years.  So the kick in the pants from the bridge deal is probably $1M or less per year.  Not chump change, but not the kind of thing you compare to teams not drafting Adam Oates or letting Datsyuk slide deep into the draft.

The "hit" will be carrying a $2M per year higher cap hit as they continue to develop around the younger core including Galchenyuk and Gallagher.  But given that the cap will be restored to it's goofy rising ways after this year, they also did themselves a favour in dealing with this anomalous cap year with an artificially low cap.

All in all, not a bad way to risk manage the fact that Subban could have just as easily become Brian Berard as the player he's been this year and last.  With these two years of "evidence" in place, Bergevin has an easier time selling a megadeal to ownership for sure.

[/QUOTE]

PK has hand.  Watch for an offer sheet on him.  Nyi need dmen As do the flyers  PK may ask for more then we think.  I dont think montreal has control of this.  i dont like big deals as you know.  I think he will be a top 5 paid player next year.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Shupe, if P.K enters the off-season without a deal, and I say this knowing they are rare, but I'd me suprised if he did not get an offer sheet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] Shupe, if P.K enters the off-season without a deal, and I say this knowing they are rare, but I'd me suprised if he did not get an offer sheet.[/QUOTE]

I think that had to do with the cap coming down. Now with PK hitting the market again this summer with the cap going back up, he gets an offer sheet unless Montreal extends him.

Sections
Shortcuts