Emelin owes linesmen big time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Emelin owes linesmen big time

Subban lines people up for big hits, he dives, but he will fight. Also one of the best d-men in the game right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

]

Subban lines people up for big hits, he dives, but he will fight. Also one of the best d-men in the game right now.

Ya if you ignore all the turnovers. In no way should he be a Norris candidate this year. Learn how to play at least average defensive hockey first. I hope you meant to say he will not fight, unless of course it's a much smaller player challenging him i.e. Marchand

How'd you like a teammate that riles up the other team and then always turtles? Seems to me I'd get tired of fighting his battles all the time but this is all part of the Hab culture I guess. Sickening!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

]

Ya if you ignore all the turnovers. In no way should he be a Norris candidate this year. Learn how to play at least average defensive hockey first. I hope you meant to say he will not fight, unless of course it's a much smaller player challenging him i.e. Marchand

How'd you like a teammate that riles up the other team and then always turtles? Seems to me I'd get tired of fighting his battles all the time but this is all part of the Hab culture I guess. Sickening!

If you dont think pk can play his own end you need to watch the 7 game series a few yrs back.  He had more ice time then anyone.  I will take a turnover from hard work.  He doesnt get cheated out there.  Where are all these turnovers.  Hes a plus 12.  He leads all players in pp pts.  And all dmen in pts.  After missing the start of the year.  He will be a finalist.  I cant name one dman who is playing better.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Kane's off ice actions have bugged me a bit in the past, but it seems like he's maturing and I'm damn glad he's a Jet, and I'd have no problem with him on the Bruins either.

However, I'd rather he didn't fight. About four of those punches were to the top of Emelin's head or the forehead. I wouldn't be thrilled if that team's best player goes out with a busted hand. The team is on a brutal skid and can't afford any additional personel losses.

I'm not singling you out here, Red, but you've written exactly what drives me crazy about today's hockey culture.

Four of those punches were on top of the head or the forehead, and Kane is fine.  Think of all of Lucic's fights.  Think of all of Thornton's.  How many times have they been put on IR from fighting?

Hockey and fighting go hand in hand.  Not wanting a guy to fight for fear of injury isn't much different than not wanting a guy to block shots.  In fact, I'd say blocking shots is probably more dangerous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Kane's off ice actions have bugged me a bit in the past, but it seems like he's maturing and I'm damn glad he's a Jet, and I'd have no problem with him on the Bruins either.

However, I'd rather he didn't fight. About four of those punches were to the top of Emelin's head or the forehead. I wouldn't be thrilled if that team's best player goes out with a busted hand. The team is on a brutal skid and can't afford any additional personel losses.

I'm not singling you out here, Red, but you've written exactly what drives me crazy about today's hockey culture.

Four of those punches were on top of the head or the forehead, and Kane is fine.  Think of all of Lucic's fights.  Think of all of Thornton's.  How many times have they been put on IR from fighting?

Hockey and fighting go hand in hand.  Not wanting a guy to fight for fear of injury isn't much different than not wanting a guy to block shots.  In fact, I'd say blocking shots is probably more dangerous.

100 percent correct.  I made that stat up.  But i agree.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Maybe he falls on his way up to get his norris this year.  

I say he won't be a finalist. We shall eventually see. My picks for finalists are Chara, OE Larsson, and Suter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think in some circumstances with a player like Emlin you just can take only so much. I'm sure every coach trys to send every agitator they have at Kane to get under his skin. Sometimes you have to show that you are not to be messed with.

That's the Habs though, behind the play stick work when the ref isn't looking. Kane had just had enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Please elaborate why he's a d--bag. I'd love to see him on the Bruins and I'm sure 99% of Bruins fans would love to see him wearing a Boston uniform. 

Feel free to do some research on your own. I'm 99% sure you made up that stat.

I figured you'd write something sarcastic back, you tell me to go do some research. No research needed everytime I watch the guy he plays hard and he's talented. Again feel free to tell us why you despise him. Oh thats right you'd probably rather have Shawn Matthias than Kane, lol.

For the record -- doesn't matter what % -- I'll take him on my team any time.

And most important -- Stan -- don't take NAS seriously. He's Dr. Know-It-All on this site -- just ask him. King of Point/Counterpoint -- If you say something is Blue -- NAS will inevitably snap back and tell you it's Orange.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

And most important -- Stan -- don't take NAS seriously. He's Dr. Know-It-All on this site -- just ask him. King of Point/Counterpoint -- If you say something is Blue -- NAS will inevitably snap back and tell you it's Orange.   

What are you talking about?  I'm not on an island here.  Kane is a d-bag.  I'm not saying anything about his his skills, I'm talking about him as a person.  He walks out on bills.  He idolizes Floyd Merryweather and Lil Wayne.  There are plenty of reasons not to like him as a person.

That makes me a know-it-all? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Maybe he falls on his way up to get his norris this year.  

I say he won't be a finalist. We shall eventually see. My picks for finalists are Chara, OE Larsson, and Suter.

Those are three quality picks but its impossible to deny this guy a top three.  1/4 of the season to play will tell us more.  I bet he makes canada as a double or nothing.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

What are you talking about?  I'm not on an island here.  Kane is a d-bag.  I'm not saying anything about his his skills, I'm talking about him as a person.  He walks out on bills.  He idolizes Floyd Merryweather and Lil Wayne.  There are plenty of reasons not to like him as a person.

And if Kane were wise he'd rethink his idols and do some investigations.  IMO he'd discover those two he worships don't measure up to some of the true greats in their respective genres:  Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Tommy Hearns, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Sam Langford, James L. Jefferies, Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran, Marvelous Marvin Hagler. 

In rap 'n hip hop, there's RUN-DMC, Big Daddy Kane, De La Soul, Public Enemy, Kurtis Blow, Pete Rock and C. L. Smooth, EPMD, Naughty By Nature, US3 and Grand Master Flash and The Furious Five to name a few.  To earn what this player earns and jet on a bill is low-budget.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

And if Kane were wise he'd rethink his idols and do some investigations.  IMO he'd discover those two he worships don't measure up to some of the true greats in their respective genres:  Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Tommy Hearns, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Sam Langford, James L. Jefferies, Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran, Marvelous Marvin Hagler. 

In rap 'n hip hop, there's RUN-DMC, Big Daddy Kane, De La Soul, Public Enemy, Kurtis Blow, Pete Rock and C. L. Smooth, EPMD, Naughty By Nature, US3 and Grand Master Flash and The Furious Five to name a few.  To earn what this player earns and jet on a bill is low-budget.

Im down with OPP.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In rap 'n hip hop, there's RUN-DMC,

MY MAN!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA8DsUN6g_k

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Disagree with Red's assessment from what I have read.  He is a dirt bag and selfish player who is learning to play on a TEAM.  Talent, skill, and yes toughness.  I don't care what music he likes except he is a gansta not a punk. I like old punk music, hehe..... Nick Cave .... Depth Charge Ethel!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Disagree with Red's assessment from what I have read.  He is a dirt bag and selfish player who is learning to play on a TEAM.  Talent, skill, and yes toughness.  I don't care what music he likes except he is a gansta not a punk. I like old punk music, hehe..... Nick Cave .... Depth Charge Ethel!

I was immature at his age as well.  Im 41 and i still am.  I realize being a professional comes with huge commitment.   Hes a darn good player with meathead tendencies.  Id take him in a minute.  Strong team leadership would help with that.  Hes the best player and his role model is big buff.  I think they could surround him with better players.  If im a betting man i bet that dressing room is a mess.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lol, I don't care if he worships satan I'd still love to see him on the Bs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Nice.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

No -- the gargage you spew and your constant pompous attitude makes you a know-it-all. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No -- the gargage you spew and your constant pompous attitude makes you a know-it-all. 

Oh, okay.  I'll add you to the list of people that dislike me.  Hang on.  I have to flip to the back of this binder...wait.  I grabbed the wrong one.  This one is full.  Let me go back to the stacks and get the empty one.  I think it's in row 41.

Be right back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oh, okay.  I'll add you to the list of people that dislike me.  Hang on.  I have to flip to the back of this binder...wait.  I grabbed the wrong one.  This one is full.  Let me go back to the stacks and get the empty one.  I think it's in row 41.

Be right back.

I like you.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thanks, Shupe!  It's good to have friends here!

It really cracks me up when people whom I think I get along with suddenly come firing with both cannons like Zamboni24.  I apprecaite that guy's posts, but I guess the feeling isn't mutual.  Oh well.  I guess I'll live.

Maybe I will go out to dinner with BHab.  I just have to make sure that it's not in Shrewsbury  or it's not during a game.  Wouldn't want to miss a shootout attempt due to some vindictive waiters.

And maybe tough guy Tim Brent can come along with his buddy, Top 6 Jarred Boll.

And we can all have a blast until someone gets kicked out for 32 minutes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thanks, Shupe!  It's good to have friends here!

It really cracks me up when people whom I think I get along with suddenly come firing with both cannons like Zamboni24.  I apprecaite that guy's posts, but I guess the feeling isn't mutual.  Oh well.  I guess I'll live.

Maybe I will go out to dinner with BHab.  I just have to make sure that it's not in Shrewsbury  or it's not during a game.  Wouldn't want to miss a shootout attempt due to some vindictive waiters.

And maybe tough guy Tim Brent can come along with his buddy, Top 6 Jarred Boll.

And we can all have a blast until someone gets kicked out for 32 minutes.

Nice. Haha.  wildman tim brent is the stuff of legends on here.  Why the heck doesnt fletch post as much.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fletcher is a lot of fun.  There are a lot of great guys here.  Plenty of residents of Toolville also, but not as many as the gang.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Evander Kane is a bag o-d. For all the examples above, does immature stuff and when people call him on it he plays the race card. He makes a fool out of himself and can't even be original doing that, has to copy "Money Mayweather"...Very good young player, hopefully he matures, until then he's just an idiot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Evander Kane is a bag o-d. For all the examples above, does immature stuff and when people call him on it he plays the race card. He makes a fool out of himself and can't even be original doing that, has to copy "Money Mayweather"...Very good young player, hopefully he matures, until then he's just an idiot.

Careful, Kel.  Agreeing with me may make you a pompous know-it-all King of Point/Counterpoint simply by association.  Mr Frank J. Zamboni the 24th will dislike you.

Sections
Shortcuts