Empty seats in a sold out Garden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Empty seats in a sold out Garden

Did anyone else notice how many empty seats against Carolina there were ?

Even against the Sharks ,  not as many but there were empty seats.

Best part if you go on Bruins site (ticketmaster) you can find two seat together.  
    Basically what I think is happening are the StubHubs , Ace tickets of this world went on a shopping spree, grabbed as much tickets as possible (besides the ones the public trying to make a back) and get stuck with them.
    Sure the Bruins are still getting their money, what I don't like and does not look good are the empty seats.
    Rant due to no Bruins games till Thursday (and a dandy).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Empty seats in a sold out Garden

The seats are stupidly expensive now is part of the problem. You basically cant buy tickets at face value anymore.

44$ and up balcony seats. Yet the balcony is still reasonably well packed on any night. The problem is the loughe seats, which you can see on TV during the game are pretty freakin expensive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Corporate seats are the culprit.  StubHub and ACE probably still sell the majority of their tickets to a big game, but corporate seats often go unused because the exec with the tickets doesn't give them to anybody if they don't happen to have a business purpose for that particular game.  Big companies are the only ones that can afford/justify $150+ per game to sit down low -- which is where you see all those empty seats.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

You're complaining about ticket prices?

Go check out the prices in the upper balcony for ANY Canucks game.  You'll be lucky to find a ticket under $60.

If I feel like blowing a big chunk of cash, I'll take my family to ONE game per season.  For the 4 of us, we're looking at a $300 -350 night, minimum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Empty seats in a sold out Garden:
    You're complaining about ticket prices? Go check out the prices in the upper balcony for ANY Canucks game.  You'll be lucky to find a ticket under $60. If I feel like blowing a big chunk of cash, I'll take my family to ONE game per season.  For the 4 of us, we're looking at a $300 -350 night, minimum.
    Posted by 49-North

No one here cares about the Canucks or the prices at Canucks games.

Are the other Canucks fans so dreadful that you have to talk about Vancouver here?  Can't you find a chat somewhere that is based upon your subject?  This post is as relevant as one about Chef Ramsey or the decline of Western Civilization due to aspertame.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Corporate seats are the culprit.  StubHub and ACE probably still sell the majority of their tickets to a big game, but corporate seats often go unused because the exec with the tickets doesn't give them to anybody if they don't happen to have a business purpose for that particular game.  Big companies are the only ones that can afford/justify $150+ per game to sit down low -- which is where you see all those empty seats.
    Posted by Chappy28

Stubhub is a consignment shop.  They don't own any tickets.  Ace Ticket are a bunch of criminals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

In Response to Re: Empty seats in a sold out Garden : No one here cares about the Canucks or the prices at Canucks games. Are the other Canucks fans so dreadful that you have to talk about Vancouver here?  Can't you find a chat somewhere that is based upon your subject?  This post is as relevant as one about Chef Ramsey or the decline of Western Civilization due to aspertame.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

GET YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR NOSE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

In Response to Re: Empty seats in a sold out Garden : No one here cares about the Canucks or the prices at Canucks games. Are the other Canucks fans so dreadful that you have to talk about Vancouver here?  Can't you find a chat somewhere that is based upon your subject?  This post is as relevant as one about Chef Ramsey or the decline of Western Civilization due to aspertame.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Interestingly enough (or maybe not all), your favorite skating clown was on Chef Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares Revisited last week (it might have been a repeat from this summer)...

http://www.northendwaterfront.com/home/2011/7/6/kitchen-nightmares-chef-gordon-ramsay-revisits-davide-restau.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have never watched a cooking show, but figured it was just as relevant to a Bruins conversation as the plight of the Canucks inflated seat values.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Empty seats in a sold out Garden : Stubhub is a consignment shop.  They don't own any tickets.  Ace Ticket are a bunch of criminals.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Why ?  their markup ? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

NAS:  I was only pointing out the price of tix here for the sake of comparison.  I find that it's informative, when forming an opinion about something, to learn about situations beyond that of my own.

But you may not share that opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS:  I was only pointing out the price of tix here for the sake of comparison.  I find that it's informative, when forming an opinion about something, to learn about situations beyond that of my own. But you may not share that opinion.
    Posted by 49-North

I took liberal studies classes in college.  Useless.

We don't want to talk about the happenings over at GM Pool (get it?  Diving?) or with the pitiful players that currently wear that jersey.

Go talk about the Canucks with Canucks fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Empty seats in a sold out Garden : I took liberal studies classes in college.  Useless. We don't want to talk about the happenings over at GM Pool (get it?  Diving?) or with the pitiful players that currently wear that jersey. Go talk about the Canucks with Canucks fans.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Your argument might have a feather's weight of merit if you could get the name of the arena correct. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

In Response to Re: Empty seats in a sold out Garden : Your argument might have a feather's weight of merit if you could get the name of the arena correct. 
    Posted by 49-North

Who cares? They could call it loser's place and it'd still be sold out every night ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, it stinks to see empty seats. I dont like the prices anymore than anyone else..... My Flat screen and HD is more than enough to keep me from attending Columbus Blue Jacket games. Why go and pay that amount of money when the picture and surround sound are as good as being there. Plus, Im more comfortable at home and the a 6 pack of beer is the same price as one beer at the game. Good thing I dont live in Boston, because I would want to go to every game, but I wouldnt be able to go to any because of the high ticket prices. So I will go see the B's when they play the BJ's. My one game a year I attend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

did you see at the start of the game how many empty seats there were ???
    After maybe 5mins only some of the empty seats got filled.  Sure , some people were late but I'm betting the scalpers getting stuck with them.
    Real dumb what's going on .

Sections
Shortcuts