Emrick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wytopitlock. Show wytopitlock's posts

Emrick

Is Rome available to take Emrick out? I can't take it. How about teaming the play-by-play guy from one team and the color guy from the other team. They can alternate games with the p-by-p guy on home ice. Just my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Emrick

"87 seconds left in this period"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

Emrick is a complete tool! I mentioned this in another post- is anyone picking up on blatant and/or latant Canadian homerism by Eddie Olcykz? Is it just me, but his trying to rationalize the Rome hit was indefensible.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Every game features some commentary from Edzo on how so-and-so could have beaten Thomas but I don't hear them talking about Luongo's glove.  It must have skittered off their radar since the Olympics...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's too easy to pick on poor Doc, he just is the wrong guy to be promoting the NHL on NBC. There are several other announcers who could do a great job on these telecasts, Bob Miller in LA is just sitting around most post-seasons, superior hockey voice, knows all the players. As for color men, Brickley is superb and describes the game with knowledge rather than homerism.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

2 rounds we've been dealing with this now. Lets not forget the 7 game Tampa Bay slurp-fest. They're not from canada, but boy, did they love the Bolts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

When you're fed a steady diet of NESN, every other network's coverage will seem biased just by way of comparison.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've had the hockey package the past few years and I like Mike Emrick he's hilarious. He's not even a homer when he calls Devil games. Eddie O has come around a bit since the Tampa series. I just block out Pierre Turtle Boy LoL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Doc has taken his game to another level, he dropped using the word "knifed" every other word.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I think Emrick calls a great game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

I've turned the sound down. cant take him anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

folks in the New England area area should have the radio on and the TV sound off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

He's 100 time better than Kenny Albert.

It is obvious that the NHL wants Vancouver to win. They want the Canadian national pasttime to have a SC winner. I'm sure NBC and it's cast knows this, received the memo from the NHL, and are complying with the directive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Emrick:
    He's 100 time better than Kenny Albert. It is obvious that the NHL wants Vancouver to win. They want the Canadian national pasttime to have a SC winner. I'm sure NBC and it's cast knows this, received the memo from the NHL, and are complying with the directive.
    Posted by 4Adam13

yeah Kenny Albert. talk about a guy who got a job because of his last name. simply atrocious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

"And he walks into the zone with swagger." Best line of the night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Emrick:
    Is Rome available to take Emrick out? I can't take it. How about teaming the play-by-play guy from one team and the color guy from the other team. They can alternate games with the p-by-p guy on home ice. Just my opinion.
    Posted by wytopitlock

Sorry -- just can't figure out the problem. If you don't like his voice -- so be it but Emrick is a passionate hockey fan and extremely knowledge about the game. His vocabulary is unique but descriptive. He caters to every type of fan realizing that some of the viewers in the finals may be neophytes. He colors the game for the newcomers without insulting the intelligence of the long time viewers. Never a homer even when doing Devils games. Think about all the potential garbage out there (Beninati, Albert, Etc). I just realized how goofy this is -- With all that transpired in the last 2 games -- I've lowered myself to talking about play-by play announcers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Emrick:
    In Response to Emrick : Sorry -- just can't figure out the problem. If you don't like his voice -- so be it but Emrick is a passionate hockey fan and extremely knowledge about the game. His vocabulary is unique but descriptive. He caters to every type of fan realizing that some of the viewers in the finals may be neophytes. He colors the game for the newcomers without insulting the intelligence of the long time viewers. Never a homer even when doing Devils games. Think about all the potential garbage out there (Beninati, Albert, Etc). I just realized how goofy this is -- With all that transpired in the last 2 games -- I've lowered myself to talking about play-by play announcers.
    Posted by zamboni24

why does everyone hate Joe Beninati ? it sounds like he's enjoying his job and calls the game with passion . and i've seen enough Cap games to know he's not a homer. guy does a good job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Dan Kelly and Danny Galivan aren't walking through that door to the announcer's booth anymore....Boy, do I miss them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I got no beef with Emrick.  I like him.  Meanwhile we have Milbury on there talking about we in regards to the Bruins.  I think it evens out a bit.  I also agree that this series doesn't have half the slant the TB series did.  I'm pretty sure they highlighted Roloson with a documentary piece in at least 4 of those games, St. Louis one time and Stamkos another.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Id agree with that, Zamboni.  I dont love Doc, but he isnt horrible, thats for sure.  Now honestly guys, if Jack Edwards was calling the game.....come on.  He is a HUGE homer and dumps on the other teams almost non-stop.  As a Bruins fan I LOVE it, but you gotta have a guy on National TV who ISNT like that.  Doc ISNT like that.  Now, Pierre and Eddie on the other hand are flat out horrible, condescending "closet homers" and come off as super snide, belittling and incredibly arrogant and ignorant.  I think they are so bad that they make Doc look bad because he calls the game with them.

PS:  I hate Beninati too....with a PASHION!  He played lacrosse up here in college at one of those smarmy, snot-nosed, stuck up schools and I think he IS that guy.  He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and he just rubs me the wrong way, like "Hey, I AM somebody because I was born and raised in the most expensive zip code in American and went to an overrated, super expensive college in Maine.....although Im JUST a hockey announcer".  I REALLY cant stand him.  Maybe Ive got him all wrong, I dont personally know the guy, but thats how he comes off to me.  Like that Geico commercial where the caveman says "Its an honor" and Joe says "Yes it is". 

Sections
Shortcuts