End of the year will be SAD!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

End of the year will be SAD!

Will anybody else be a little sad at the end of this year? The last 2 years have been fun watching the Bruins contend, while watching the Leafs crap it knowing we get there lottery draft pick!
    After this year we'll just have to watch the top of the standings, not the bottom as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: End of the year will be SAD!

Don't be sad Brian Burke is still the GM of the Leafs right ? Hmmm..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You know, I never hated the Leafs and actually like them the best of all the other teams in the B's division.  I am kind of looking forward to not rooting for them to lose every game.  The B's fleeced them so greatly in the Kessel deal (and the Rask deal), that it is almost hard to hate them.

We'll see what the future holds...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: End of the year will be SAD!:
    [QUOTE]You know, I never hated the Leafs and actually like them the best of all the other teams in the B's division.  I am kind of looking forward to not rooting for them to lose every game.  The B's fleeced them so greatly in the Kessel deal (and the Rask deal), that it is almost hard to hate them. We'll see what the future holds...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of your comment. I love how they have stocked our franchise for decades to come, but I live in Canada and we get force Fed the Leafs with a sling shot! If they never win another game (except when they play the Habs, I hate them more!) I'd be a happy camper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually, if Claude continues to be more active and creative this could be a most enjoyable year. Maintaining 1st in the Northeast will help with positioning and this team has a bounce back capability that has been missing. A few tweaks and a successful return of Savard [ wishful] or replacement will help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm hoping PC makes another trade this offseason for a first rounder from a low seed - watching both ends of the standings has been a lot of fun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I agree it has been fun cheering for the bruins and then checking the box scores and cheering when the Leafs get lit up.

but the end of the year is always very sad, Then its time for boringball all freaking summer.

Though I am pretty into MMA so now I can turn to that to get me through to october.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]You know, I never hated the Leafs and actually like them the best of all the other teams in the B's division.  I am kind of looking forward to not rooting for them to lose every game.  The B's fleeced them so greatly in the Kessel deal (and the Rask deal), that it is almost hard to hate them. We'll see what the future holds...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I still don't see how anyone can say we fleeced the Leafs. Kessel 86 pts. Seguin and picks, so far, 16 pts. And the loss of that level of goal scorer in the playoffs, hard to put a price on that. 
    At this point in time, we should not be patting ourselves on the back too often. Yes, I think we will win the deal, but that melt down to the Flyers will stick with me a while.
    I want to WIN NOW!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: End of the year will be SAD! : I still don't see how anyone can say we fleeced the Leafs. Kessel 86 pts. Seguin and picks, so far, 16 pts. And the loss of that level of goal scorer in the playoffs, hard to put a price on that.  At this point in time, we should not be patting ourselves on the back too often. Yes, I think we will win the deal, but that melt down to the Flyers will stick with me a while. I want to WIN NOW!!!!
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

C'mon perry, we all know this trade is about future returns -- draft picks, not points.  Nobody expected an equal return in the first season or two.  Look at the big picture though.  It's the most lopsided deal I have seen in 10 years.  Here is why the Leafs got fleeced (yes, fleeced):

-The Bruins only lost a player who did not want to stay in Boston and did not get along with the coach.  He is an outstanding goal scorer but one of the worst plus/minus players in the league, and terrible for Julien's system.

-The Bruins received $5.5 million in annual cap relief be not signing Kessel, allowing them to sign other core players (Chara, Bergeron) and/or sign Horton.  Let's remember that this cap relief was desperately needed.  If Kessel stays, Bergeron or Chara do not.

-The Bruins got the #2 overall pick in the 2010 draft.  Seguin is very green, but everyone (all 30 teams) agreed he is top prospect caliber.  He is better all around than Kessel was in his rookie season.

-The Bruins get a second round pick, which turns into Jared Knight.  He looks good, we'll see.

-The Bruins get what appears to be another top 5 overall pick in 2011l!!  It's insane.  Everyone says the top 7-8 picks are more or less even in this draft so it really may as well be a #1 overall pick.

If Burke could have a do over on this deal, he wouldn't offer half as much.  Nobody would.  Even the Leafs media says this deal will set them back for a decade.  A total fleecing that has just begun to pay dividends for Boston!