Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.

The problem with Rask is his technique. Teams now know how to beat him:

Sustain pressure for a short time, he'll drop to his knees to take away the bottom of the net leaving the entire top half open to lift the puck over him.

Once he goes down he doesn't come back to his feet until after the threat is cleared. It was the same thing I criticised Fernandez before he was shipped out.
    If he can learn to stay on his feet or at least learn to back onto his feet after dropping down he will start to get a few more Ws.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

You cant blame him for 2 of the goals tonight. Off the post right to stafford is unfair. Another was off the rebound right? Where is the strong Defensive D of th bruins clearing the crease. Those 2 were preventable garbage goals, not exactly rasks fault.

The one you can blame on him is the wrist shot that beat him. But even then 4 bruins all around one Sabre and no1 can tie him up? Better yet siedenberg has 2 players back and backs off on the 2-4 allowing the goal scoring play to develop. Siedenberg needs to learn when to step up. Along with most the  B's D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

hty239   I guess you did not watch  Rask play last year.     

CHOOOCH

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.:
    [QUOTE]You cant blame him for 2 of the goals tonight. Off the post right to stafford is unfair. Another was off the rebound right? Where is the strong Defensive D of th bruins clearing the crease. Those 2 were preventable garbage goals, not exactly rasks fault. The one you can blame on him is the wrist shot that beat him. But even then 4 bruins all around one Sabre and no1 can tie him up? Better yet siedenberg has 2 players back and backs off on the 2-4 allowing the goal scoring play to develop. Siedenberg needs to learn when to step up. Along with most the  B's D.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail right on the head, I only would have worded it differently.

That rebound goal was 2 blown coverages - also notice Wheeler coming in way way way late.

It's true that Rask hasn't made totally spectacular saves as of late and hasn't stolen any games for them,

BUT

Rask at .927 is the SIXTH BEST save % in the league.

If you say Rask isn't that good, you have your head in your ash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Unbelievable.

Yesterday I stood up against the posters saying too many fans on this forum whine about the Bruins, and now I wish I hadn't.

Let me amend that: If you're going to whine about the Bruins AT LEAST WHINE ABOUT THE RELEVANT THINGS.

Anyone with even the faintest knowledge of what pro hockey is all about would not blame Rask for that loss last night. Stafford's final 2 goals were completely un-stoppable--I don't care if your name is Rask, Thomas, Dryden, or Sawchuck.

How about the fact that the Bruins forwards and D immediately and obviously let up after getting both leads of 1-0 and 2-1, letting Buffalo simply cruise thru the neutral zone and into the Bruins end with an odd-man rush (at even strength, mind you) on the tying 2-2 goal, and how about the fact that Thornton barrelled thru Miller on an obvious goalie interference call that resulted in a PP for Buffalo and then a simply failed and complete defensive brain f*rt that left Stafford completely alone on the doorstep for a gimme that (maybe) even Daniel Paille could have put home???

It's just beyond comprehension that anyone could pin this loss on Rask. He actually made several sparkling saves that could have made the score 5-2 instead of 3-2.

You want to b*tch about the B's play last night? Fine. B*tch about the lax attitude the team took after getting leads, stupid penalties, and the inexplicable and inexcusable coaching decision to sit Seguin in favor of the utterly useless Paille in a division/conference game.

Get a freaking clue already.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Unbelievable. Yesterday I stood up against the posters saying too many fans on this forum whine about the Bruins, and now I wish I hadn't. Let me amend that: If you're going to whine about the Bruins AT LEAST WHINE ABOUT THE RELEVANT THINGS. Anyone with even the faintest knowledge of what pro hockey is all about would not blame Rask for that loss last night. Stafford's final 2 goals were completely un-stoppable--I don't care if your name is Rask, Thomas, Dryden, or Sawchuck. How about the fact that the Bruins forwards and D immediately and obviously let up after getting both leads of 1-0 and 2-1, letting Buffalo simply cruise thru the neutral zone and into the Bruins end with an odd-man rush (at even strength, mind you) on the tying 2-2 goal, and how about the fact that Thornton barrelled thru Miller on an obvious goalie interference call that resulted in a PP for Buffalo and then a simply failed and complete defensive brain f*rt that left Stafford completely alone on the doorstep for a gimme that (maybe) even Daniel Paille could have put home??? It's just beyond comprehension that anyone could pin this loss on Rask. He actually made several sparkling saves that could have made the score 5-2 instead of 3-2. You want to b*tch about the B's play last night? Fine. B*tch about the lax attitude the team took after getting leads, stupid penalties, and the inexplicable and inexcusable coaching decision to sit Seguin in favor of the utterly useless Paille in a division/conference game. Get a freaking clue already.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Yah, there are reasons to complain, but saying Rask is a problem, Seguin will go play elsewhere, fire the gm, this is wayover reacting.

Good argument to fire CJ.

TT has proven year in and year out he needs to get rested frequently, if he doesn't get rested he either gets hurt or his play goes south big time.

The GM has put together a good team, no reason to fire him, there is a coach that mismanages resources.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]2-7-1. This is not good enough. I am a strong supporter of both goalies. But a team needs its backups to steal a game, once in awhile. One win over the Isles, one over the Panthers. Hardly top notch teams. Last year was last year. This year Tuukka has to be better, and steal some points.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

I will grant you it looks that way, but look at the numbers more closely.  Rask has .927 save %, 6th best in the league.  So now look at the next 3 guys, .930, ,.931, .933 and then you have the 2 best in the league with Pavelec and Thomas.

Separate the appearance of things and the actual numbers of Tuuka and the other goalies in the league and to expect more means that he climbs up to 3rd best save % in the league.

Now be reasonable, is that a realistic expecation to have?  They are aready the best goaltending tandem in the league and you expect them to be even better?

There are certainly reasons for these losses, but I say look elsewhere, goaltending is the healthiest part of this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights. : I will grant you it looks that way, but look at the numbers more closely.  Rask has .927 save %, 6th best in the league.  So now look at the next 3 guys, .930, ,.931, .933 and then you have the 2 best in the league with Pavelec and Thomas. Separate the appearance of things and the actual numbers of Tuuka and the other goalies in the league and to expect more means that he climbs up to 3rd best save % in the league. Now be reasonable, is that a realistic expecation to have?  They are aready the best goaltending tandem in the league and you expect them to be even better? Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Yah love it when the Tuukka hawks come out for a feeding so I can laugh But hey no worries Julien is a defensive minded coach. He teaches great defensive schemes that led to easy Sabre goals last night.

There is only one thing to look at when a goalies record is upside down and it is what BadHab pointed out. The Bruins do nothing to help Rask when they play in front of him this year versus last year NOTHING!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I'm not saying we lost because of Rask last night, I'm saying he needs to change things up in his technique to address high pressure situations, because I have no doubt in my mind that both Thomas and Miller would have found away to get in front of 2 of those 3 goals.

The first goal was unlucky and embarrassing for Rask. He stops the initial shot the rebound is shot into the crossbar and out to Stafford for the goal. Rask having no chance because he is laying on his stomach looking up. Bad rebound positioning.

Goal two Rask drops to his knees and slides to his right as Roy passes it to Stafford. Stafford lifts it over Rask's right leg which is all that's covers the entire Right side of the net. Rask misses with the Glove, goal. If he stayed on his feet and just skated from the left to the right he would given less of an area for Stafford to shot at.

The third goal I can't fault him for he made the initial save, the rebound bounces to Roy and he makes an excellent pass to Stafford for the goal. Rask almost reminded me of Thomas during his dive to make a save. The dive works more often than not for Thomas because he's a bigger guy taking up more space. Rask is tall and thin like a string bean less area blocking the net, but I'll credit him for giving a 100%. A few goalies would have watched Stafford score and not make a move.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]2-7-1. This is not good enough. I am a strong supporter of both goalies. But a team needs its backups to steal a game, once in awhile. One win over the Isles, one over the Panthers. Hardly top notch teams. Last year was last year. This year Tuukka has to be better, and steal some points.

All I can say is watch the games, and if you did, watch them again.  Rask can't steal a game when the rest of the team plays like garbage in front of him.  His save percentage is good and he is making the stops he needs to make.  has he been brilliant? No.  But he has been totally betrayed by the team in front of him in about 3/4s of his starts.  He's the last guy people should be complaining about this morning...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sorry Capbergeron, Rask was steady and very good all nite. He was let down as enumerated by BADhab and others. It takes a team and right now the Bruins seem to have shortages on 2 of 6  spark plugs. Replace those and this team will be functioning much better. I am not complaining only observing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/barry-pederson-breaks-down-bruins-inability-to-hold-lead-in-loss-to-sabres.html

Watch this and listen to a well schooled Barry Pederson then try and tell me again that Rask should have had the last two goals. Tuukka Hawks go back to your nest please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from E92submarine. Show E92submarine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights. : You hit the nail right on the head, I only would have worded it differently. That rebound goal was 2 blown coverages - also notice Wheeler coming in way way way late. It's true that Rask hasn't made totally spectacular saves as of late and hasn't stolen any games for them, BUT Rask at .927 is the SIXTH BEST save % in the league. If you say Rask isn't that good, you have your head in your ash.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Philip Rivers puts up good stats too, but like Tuuka Rask....he doesn't win. Wins are the only stat that matters. Tom Brady never used to put up amazing stats, but guess what.... he won games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

No argument on the last goal, but I still think Rask could have done more to get in front of the second goal. He played Roy's shot all the way and when the pass went to Stafford it threw a wrench into Rask's positioning and he had no chance of recovering.
       The goalies have been setting the tone this season and if Rask stops the first two goals the team feels more confident and becomes more aggressive. If the goalie lets in a easy one early like yesterday it sets a tone for the rest of the team.
       Don't get me wrong I like Rask, and expect him pick up where he left off last year when the years catch up to Thomas, but I want him win a couple of these games. The team played poorly in front of him excuse only lasts so long. He needs to give it 110% if he has too and let the players in front of him know they screwed up. Don't just shrug it off and move on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights. : Philip Rivers puts up good stats too, but like Tuuka Rask....he doesn't win. Wins are the only stat that matters. Tom Brady never used to put up amazing stats, but guess what.... he won games.
    Posted by E92submarine[/QUOTE]

E92, for a second post, that is some pretty weak cheese.  There's so much wrong with that comparison.  Watch any Bruins hockey last year?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.:
    [QUOTE]The he can't get a break, team don't play well, blah blah, ect, isn't cutting it. Giving up goals, right after go ahead goals, over playing shots, must stop. Backups need too be able to come in, and get some points, against teams like the Sabres. 5 points by mid December is plain pathetic. This guy needs too borrow some emotions from T.T, and care wether he wins or loses.
    Yeah Rask dosen't care that he played terrific and lost.I suppose you posted the same thing last year when the "backup"(TT)was letting us down.Lot's to be angry about after last nights game.The play of Rask isn't one of them.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights. : Admit Rask is losing too the cream puffs. No I supported Thomas last year, and he came up with some big wins, esp early on. Even after being injured played great games against the Sharks and Caps. Rask himself said, and I quote, " I don't care if I win, as long as Timmy wins all his games. This guy needs too buy some I care if I lose attitude, plain and simple. Three goals against a bottom feeder cannot be called playing great.Goals after big goals, are the most deflating thing that can happen during a game, and Rask did it twice last night. Sorry, but if he is going to be a starter in this league, he must find ways too win, these types of games.
    I guess you didn't get my sarcasm.Typical that you supported TT last year(probably trashed Rask all year too)but now Rask is supposedly underperforming.Putting defensive breakdowns on Rask is a crock as is  you using that quote against him.Sounds to me he's being a good team player instead of crying about his lack of starts.Don't forget that,regardless of how many TT posters adorn your bedroom,that Rask is the future in Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I had the Buffalo feed for last night on Center Ice.  They were talking about how well Rask was playing.  At one point they pointed out how well he was controling his rebounds.  Later they showed the three great saves he made to keep the game close after Buffalo took the lead. 

Why would Rask play hard or have any cofindence at this point with the way he has been treated this season.  This is a guy who lead the league in GA and SV% last season and lost the starting job after one game.  He got a 43 save shutout in a game where the Bruins were clearly out played and then did even get the next start.  Can we say 2 different set of rules for each goalie.  If you want you players to play well you reward them with ice time when they do.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts