Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.

In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights.:
    In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights. :
    I had the Buffalo feed for last night on Center Ice.  They were talking about how well Rask was playing.  At one point they pointed out how well he was controling his rebounds.  Later they showed the three great saves he made to keep the game close after Buffalo took the lead.  Why would Rask play hard or have any cofindence at this point with the way he has been treated this season.  This is a guy who lead the league in GA and SV% last season and lost the starting job after one game.  He got a 43 save shutout in a game where the Bruins were clearly out played and then did even get the next start.  Can we say 2 different set of rules for each goalie.  If you want you players to play well you reward them with ice time when they do. Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE Yes he beat the powerhouse Panthers. His other win against the mighty Islanders. Can we say double standars? If Thomas played this same game, everyone would be calling for his head. 5 pts midway through December is pathetic. The truth is clod has a history of treating his goalies bad. Yet being a robotic player, does not help Rask. If this where the Pens Flyers, Wings, it might be different. But the fact remains, he is 2-7-1, while playing bottom dwellers. 
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

How different is this Sabre team from the one that finished well ahead of Boston in last years standings.This years struggles in Buffalo have been due mainly to injuries to key players.Miller missed time and obviously Stafford makes them better.But you keep impressing us with your superior hockey mind.It's entertaining even  though it isn't right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights. : I guess when you run out of, or lack facts. Resorting too childish responses is your next best options. Did you also hear if the Vezina was voted on today, who would be the run away winner, said by the same Sabres announcers? It wasn't Rask. But I have defended the two goalie system, the trouble is the Bruins only have one pulling his weight, and once again it's not Rask.

Does your teacher get mad you aren't paying attention?save the posting for after school.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Enough excuses, Rask must beat lightweights. : Wow another brainless reply. Keep up the good work. When you find some facts let us all know.

Yeah,I'm full of "brainless" unfactual replies.All I can hope is that if I keep posting I can get to the level of respect that you obviously command on here.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Junior, you're kind of repeating the same thing about wins and losses and Rask having no excuses, but you might want to address the following points that have been posted several times now on this thread:

-Rask could have won the Vezina last year.  In your 'stats are everything' world, he had the best goalie stats in the entire league.

-This year he has been supplanted by a stellar Tim Thomas so far.  Tim Thomas playing historically well does not make Tuukka Rask a lesser goalie.

-The only stat that goalies truly have control over is save percentage.  Rask is still among the best in the league there.  Save percentage is a individual stat.  Wins and losses are TEAM stats.

-Any fan would have to admit that the Bruins have played very, very poorly in front of Rask this year.  It is not an excuse, it is reality.

One more time, Rask is not the guy to be complaining about right now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I thought I saw Rask respond to one of the goals against by shooting the puck down the ice.  Is that a start for emotion?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

...(releasing prolonged sigh)...

Not gonna go round and round here.  Two very good goalies here.  Hope we agree on the next topic.  Cheers, junior.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I guess some people would only be happy if both are goalies were putting up the best numbers in the history of the game.  Dam you Rask how can you not be putting up record numbers in you second season.  Trade him for a 7th round pick while he still has some value.  Tongue out

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts